Rand Paul is Filibustering John Brennan

GeoLaureate8

Nobody
May 22, 2011
Sin City
Rand Paul with the help of Ted Cruz is filibustering drone strike murderer John Brennan.

Live on C-SPAN now!

Rand Paul intends to speak as long as it takes to stop Obama from drone bombing you so every American should express gratitude to Senator Paul.

Rand Paul with the help of Ted Cruz is filibustering drone strike murderer John Brennan.

Live on C-SPAN now!

Rand Paul intends to speak as long as it takes to stop Obama from drone bombing you so every American should express gratitude to Senator Paul.

An old timey filibuster to boot.

Respect to Democrat Senator Wyden for helping with the filibuster and assisting in getting Holder to respond to Paul's initial question.

An old school filibuster. Shows you how serious Rand Paul is about this issue.

Can our government kill unarmed citizens, on US soil, with no due process?

Depends on the situation, of course. If Lincoln had drones, do you think he wouldn't have used them?

Depends on the situation, of course. If Lincoln had drones, do you think he wouldn't have used them?

There is no situation where I would support that. I find it disgusting that people can even begin to support this, especially when these are some of the same people that scream "foul" over the Patriot Act.

If they are a US citizen, on US soil, and they are unarmed, you arrest them. You don't just send in a drone strike.

I watched a bit of it earlier but he didn't last very long. All show and no go. Give him something shiny and put him back in his play pen.

You do realize don't you that due process is complied with when federal (or state or local) cops shoot someone dead while in the commission of a felony ... without any warrant or hearing?

How about Pearl Harbor?

We all said another Pear Harbor was impossible but we thought no terrorist group would attack us on our own soil either.

The nutters say they want big guns so they can overturn the US government. Never mind how ludicrous that is, why would also demand the government not be able to kill terrorists on US soil?

Because they're ignorant, knee jerking hypocrites, that's why. If Bush had gone after US born terrorists on US soil, every American would have been behind him. Since its Obama (and since the R can't take credit), the rw's are in favor of letting terrorists go.

I watched a bit of it earlier but he didn't last very long. All show and no go. Give him something shiny and put him back in his play pen.

He went for over three hours straight without a break, and the full filibuster is now over five hours. On what basis did he not last very long?

How about Pearl Harbor?

We all said another Pear Harbor was impossible but we thought no terrorist group would attack us on our own soil either.

The nutters say they want big guns so they can overturn the US government. Never mind how ludicrous that is, why would also demand the government not be able to kill terrorists on US soil?

Because they're ignorant, knee jerking hypocrites, that's why. If Bush had gone after US born terrorists on US soil, every American would have been behind him. Since its Obama (and since the R can't take credit), the rw's are in favor of letting terrorists go.

If the NBPP or the militia mutts go crazy and start shooting then hole up somewhere that only a frontal assault will succeed, then call in the drones if they won't surrender peacefully.

I understand why Rand filibustered, but this is an issue only of technology not liberty.

He went for over three hours straight without a break, and the full filibuster is now over five hours. On what basis did he not last very long?

Bernie Sanders - 8 1/2 hours
D'Amato - 15 hours and 14 minutes

LOL

Three hours is a long time to filibuster?

And, then he went back to his office to lie down.

Bernie Sanders - 8 1/2 hours
D'Amato - 15 hours and 14 minutes

LOL

Three hours is a long time to filibuster?

And, then he went back to his office to lie down.

Didn't know it was a competition.

I always knew Rand was an obstructionist.

The guano doesn't fall far from the bat. IOW, he takes after his daddy.

If either Paul was a real Libertarian, that would go a long way with me. Instead, they hid behind that big R because they can't be real Libertarians.

I always knew Rand was an obstructionist.

So, he should sit back and allow the government to kill whoever they want with no questions asked?

Regardless of how you feel about republican obstructionism, try looking at this issue at face value and on its own. Don't look at it as just another republican filibuster.

By your statement, you support the killing of unarmed US citizens without due process?

Forum List

Back