Question: “Is America Ready for Sitcom About Half-Breeds?”

ABC is going to put a show on the air this season about mulatto kids. Will there be an audience for this? Is it race obsession gone amuck? Is it even an issue or even necessary?
black-ish Spinoff mixed-ish Premiering TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 24 9|8c on ABC | ABC New Shows

what proof do you have that YOU aren't a 'half-breed'?
My parents, grandparents and great-grandparents all Northern European and white. What proof do YOU have that you’re not an “inbred?”

My parents, grandparents and great-grandparents all Northern European and white.

and you have proof of that?

What proof do YOU have that you’re not an “inbred?”

as much as you have of your ancestry.

none at all

ABC is going to put a show on the air this season about mulatto kids. Will there be an audience for this? Is it race obsession gone amuck? Is it even an issue or even necessary?
black-ish Spinoff mixed-ish Premiering TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 24 9|8c on ABC | ABC New Shows
264.jpg

It may be about time for something like that. I'm sure most of us have someone mixed in our circle of friends.
I’m wondering if society starts singling them out as a racial strata...will government declare them a separate race? What about quadroons? Octaroons? During slavery and segregation they were classified that way. In the stores in the segregated South a white lady or a very light skinned mulatto were only ones the owners would allow to work cash registers for fear whites didn’t want a “negro” touching their purchased items...especially food items. This story was related to me by a black women who worked in such a store in the 1950’s.

what proof do you have that YOU aren't a 'half-breed'?
My parents, grandparents and great-grandparents all Northern European and white. What proof do YOU have that you’re not an “inbred?”
Sooooo, are you saying the chances you are are greatly increased......?

You obsess too much.
Just wondering where society is on this? Do we need a show exclusively about race? There’s no show called “whiteish.”

Yes there was, it was called All in the Family.
Very liberal show politically. In the end Archie would always be proven to be a buffoon and his conservative ideas mocked.

If you think All in the Family was liberal, then you are so far right...

Well I think we almost know you are a far right war hawk like Bolton.

You obsess too much.
Just wondering where society is on this? Do we need a show exclusively about race? There’s no show called “whiteish.”

Which spawned "The Jeffersons" and "Good Times" - go figure.

Which spawned "The Jeffersons"

Who's next door neighbors were 'mixed breeds'.

That was what, 50 years ago?

You obsess too much.

Different Strokes as well...

You obsess too much.

Different Strokes as well...

bit different there...

the boys were only adopted.

Mixing Bowl vs Melting Pot

Who cares? I don't watch new shows anymore.
The world doesnt revolve around you. People do watch/get brainwashed by new shows.

A thinking person would axe WHY we are so focused on race when the same people say we shouldnt.

My first Grandson will be born in December and the little guy will be mixed race. When I read shit like the OP I despair about the world he will be born into.

The world would be so much better if these racist wankers could be eliminated.

You obsess too much.

All good shows! George always threw a Zebra joke in here and there. The Jeffersons did address some of the problems mixed couples face.

You obsess too much.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy: don't watch it.

I wish the SJW crybullies would adopt this attitude as well instead of trying to silence and cancel people. It doesn't help your cause to emulate their hatefulnes.
I don’t watch programs unless they are documentaries or news programs. Wondering why Hollywood came up with an idea for a show like this? Why is this being promoted while I’m watching college football?

The mute button is your friend - and commercials are the perfect opportunities for bio breaks and trips to the kitchen for a tasty snack and a frosty beverage.

IOW, lighten up, dood.

I’m not agitating, just wondering if this is a future trend?

They have already started it on the Commercials you get thrown at you.

Forum List

Back