Question for Bible-believing women

Greetings my dear sister believers in the God of Abraham,

I hope that you are doing fine today. I am doing fine:).

To begin, a few months ago I was reading the NIV Bible's "Song of Songs" which is called in the KJV, "Song of Solomon." I remember a verse from that Book that made a very big impression on me. It was addressed to the "Daughters of Jerusalem," so, as a man I wondered how females interpret and understand the verse, and I wondered how would the verse affect Bible-believing women's thoughts and behavior (since it is from the less read than the KJV, New International Version.) The verse is repeated in the Book and I was wondering about these things...here is the verse:
  1. Song of Songs 2:7
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
  2. Song of Songs 3:5
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
  3. Song of Songs 8:4
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
My dear, dear sisters, may I ask: what does this verse mean to you and how would it affect your behavior if you lived by it?

Thank you VERY MUCH to all answerers.

Brotherly love,
Anonymous1977

Don't try to force passion from another, but allow it to occur spontaneously as it does with the timid, nonaggressive gazelle.

How I choose to embrace that message-

"Follow the Will of the Heart when it comes to Love. You will know when it is beyond lust or infatuation"

You said that with a straight face.
What exactly is your problem Fake Jake?

Emily asked very respectfully a question and I answered her.

Why do you always have to act like an idiot?

The problem is of course that you are projecting your disrespectfulness on to me. You have from the beginning I always kick that up your butt when you do, and you hate it.

Why did you leave Christianity? When did you join Islam?

I haven't spent much time in Song of Songs, have been tackling other books lately but it sounds like it is advice to women to use their heads before they throw their hearts (as well as bodies) out there. In other words, don't waste love or try to attract the attention of men with whom you have no future.

Pretty good advice. It's the same advice I give my daughter.
Do they listen or are they just like most christian american women who give it up to every toms dick and Harry's?

The reason you attempt to pervert the Scriptures is that you are twisted and perverse and do not know the LORD, Anonymous. If you truly belonged to the Lord Jesus Christ you would understand the Song of Solomon and could not ask such a question. You need to repent.

The Authorized King James bible is the Book to read. Other translations take too much liberty with changing Scripture. That is what I have come to after reading some of the "translations".. out there.

The Authorized King James bible is the Book to read. Other translations take too much liberty with changing Scripture. That is what I have come to after reading some of the "translations".. out there.
LOL....... The so called "authorized" King James Bible is also a translation just like the others. ..... :lol: :lol:

The newer bibles - over 40 translations have changes in them that are not good - they have removed words - added or changed words in newer translations and it is an attempt to change the Word of God. The authorized King James bible has not been changed. You are mistaken, Sunni man. It is the most intact / accurate - unchanged - unaltered book of antiquity on the earth today. The second most intact - accurate - unchanged book would be Iliad and the Koran didn't even make the list - according to scholars on the subject.

You said that with a straight face.
What exactly is your problem Fake Jake?

Emily asked very respectfully a question and I answered her.

Why do you always have to act like an idiot?

The problem is of course that you are projecting your disrespectfulness on to me. You have from the beginning I always kick that up your butt when you do, and you hate it.

Why did you leave Christianity? When did you join Islam?

I'd say that's none of your business, especially given the fact that you've never once answered any question ever put to you on this forum by anyone. Ever.

You deserve zero respect, and that's what you get.

Newby, you are dope, and we both know it.

Emily, I respect. You and Sunni Man are just differenct sides of the same coin of religious mania.

Since men and women are only supposed to reserve and submit as "husbands and wives one to another," where their bodies belong to each other, it makes sense nobody should be arousing lust in ways not respectful of that spiritual commitment between partners. See also that the marital bed should be undefiled.

Hi emilynghiem:),

Now, those Scriptures say, "Do not arouse or awaken love..." as opposed to "lust." What does, "Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires" mean to you?...

Peace & Brotherly Love,
Anonymous1977

Dear Anonymous1977
What you are talking about is a common misperception of forgiveness.
Forgiveness on the spiritual level and relation between man and God
does NOT WIPE OUT the debts and damages we create on earth
that harm relations with our fellow man.

We will still owe restitution and to earn forgiveness of men for what we do wrong to hurt others.
so the more wrongs we do to injure others, the more we owe to remedy the damages we cause.

the relationship between God and man is spiritual, where forgiving grace is given freely not earned.

The relationship between man and man is governed by natural laws,
where we get the justice we give. What we do to others comes back to us.
So on this level, yes, we will have to earn respect and forgiveness of others that is not given so freely.

Thank you emilynghlem for responding...do many Christians feel that if God forgives them, all is well?; does that explain things like this?:

lynchklanwithlynchedblackman_4.jpg

Don't try to force passion from another, but allow it to occur spontaneously as it does with the timid, nonaggressive gazelle.

Thank you, The Irish Ram, for answering:). I think that passion and love are different. I think it means don't try to "force" love but to let it occur naturally.

Peace.

The reason you attempt to pervert the Scriptures is that you are twisted and perverse and do not know the LORD, Anonymous. If you truly belonged to the Lord Jesus Christ you would understand the Song of Solomon and could not ask such a question. You need to repent.

LOLOLOL. That doesn't sound like Jesus to me. I have not "attempted to pervert" anything, you satan.

Forum List

Back