Question for Bible-believing women

Sad but amusing when a now-Muslin once-Christian starts quizzing Christians about faith. Sunni Man has not the spiritual manhood to admit his mistake and will not return to Christ as a helpless sinner seeking forgiveness.
Your church, denomination, or cult, obviously must be the correct one to join.

Which one would that be Fake Jake? ..... :cool:

That's not Christianity. I don't know what it is, but it isn't what we believe, and it isn't what we do.

Hi koshergrl,

Thanks for answering my questions...I guess we have different Christian experiences lol...I think those Scriptures in Song of Solomon mean don't try to do things to arouse a man to love you or make him love you before love is naturally there...

So back on topic, I guess that means no more skinny jeans, halter tops, and bikinis, right?

I think it means not only don't do physical things to arouse or awaken love in a man, but also don't do spiritual nor mental things to arouse or awaken love in a man.

Greetings my dear sister believers in the God of Abraham,

I hope that you are doing fine today. I am doing fine:).

To begin, a few months ago I was reading the NIV Bible's "Song of Songs" which is called in the KJV, "Song of Solomon." I remember a verse from that Book that made a very big impression on me. It was addressed to the "Daughters of Jerusalem," so, as a man I wondered how females interpret and understand the verse, and I wondered how would the verse affect Bible-believing women's thoughts and behavior (since it is from the less read than the KJV, New International Version.) The verse is repeated in the Book and I was wondering about these things...here is the verse:
  1. Song of Songs 2:7
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
  2. Song of Songs 3:5
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you by the gazelles and by the does of the field: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
  3. Song of Songs 8:4
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
My dear, dear sisters, may I ask: what does this verse mean to you and how would it affect your behavior if you lived by it?

Thank you VERY MUCH to all answerers.

Brotherly love,
Anonymous1977
Since men and women are only supposed to reserve and submit as "husbands and wives one to another," where their bodies belong to each other, it makes sense nobody should be arousing lust in ways not respectful of that spiritual commitment between partners. See also that the marital bed should be undefiled.

Last edited:
Sad but amusing when a now-Muslin once-Christian starts quizzing Christians about faith. Sunni Man has not the spiritual manhood to admit his mistake and will not return to Christ as a helpless sinner seeking forgiveness.
"Your church, denomination, or cult, obviously must be the correct one to join."

This is between you and Jesus, kiddo. You are a helpless, and apparently hopeless, sinner in the hands of the God you rejected

Sunni Man, you lied from the first time I ran into on the Board. I will always show you as the shallow, irreligious fellow you are in your life. Tis what is. :)

Nope, but have had many friends for many years that are LDS, Have a few Muslim friends. We have interesting discussion. They laugh behind the backs at the convert Americans like Sunni Man, saying that such are normally not man enough to keep their wife or girl children in line.

Ah, under your skin, :). My Muslim friends say the normal American convert generally has lost his wife and family because of his lack of manliness, unlike a real Arab or Persian or Pakistani, in being able to control wife and family. Nontheless, they feel bound to include the new convert because he has nothing else. As one told me, the convert is as a religious beggar.

Dear JakeStarkey
on the other hand, perhaps it is Sunni Man's Christian background that gives him ability to
discern and to reconcile Islam with the right teachings from Jewish and Christian traditions as well.

Maybe this connection in Christ IS the key and IS necessary for fulfilling the Islamic teachings
as they were intended, to follow ALL the laws and prophets of God.

Maybe there is a reason God calls him to serve in this way.
This gives me hope, Jake, we need people in ALL branches to understand the true
meaning and message in Christ in order to unite ALL tribes as one in God's name.
Islam ESPECIALLY.

Ah, under your skin, :). My Muslim friends say the normal American convert generally has lost his wife and family because of his lack of manliness, unlike a real Arab or Persian or Pakistani, in being able to control wife and family. Nontheless, they feel bound to include the new convert because he has nothing else. As one told me, the convert is as a religious beggar.

And wouldn't this fulfill the Biblical warning that in becoming a disciple,
one may be "separated" from family, putting the love of God first
and thus "hating" oneself and one's relations while going through this.

Why not help a fellow brother to BE the man God calls him to be.
Maybe he is meant to be humbled, in order to serve more people.
To be chief of all means to be servant to all. Maybe God does this for a reason.

Sunni Man, no Christian ever has to answer a infidel's inquiry about his religion.

Yeah, Christians get to do whatever they want to because Jesus paid the price for their sins, right, including being sexists, racists or whatever? "Jesus paid for it all," right?

What type of religion is that, Sir?
Dear Anonymous1977
What you are talking about is a common misperception of forgiveness.
Forgiveness on the spiritual level and relation between man and God
does NOT WIPE OUT the debts and damages we create on earth
that harm relations with our fellow man.

We will still owe restitution and to earn forgiveness of men for what we do wrong to hurt others.
so the more wrongs we do to injure others, the more we owe to remedy the damages we cause.

the relationship between God and man is spiritual, where forgiving grace is given freely not earned.

The relationship between man and man is governed by natural laws,
where we get the justice we give. What we do to others comes back to us.
So on this level, yes, we will have to earn respect and forgiveness of others that is not given so freely.

There goes Fake Jake lying again. ...... :cuckoo: . :lol: :lol:

Dear Sunni Man if Jake does not trust you to be the bigger person here,
I ask you to please prove him wrong by showing you can be better than this.
Please do not stoop to his level, but act in ways that inspire him to rise to higher standards.
You are both better than this. Only trolls need to play these games of namecalling and taunting
back and forth ad nauseum, but you do not.

Jake brought up the issue of returning to a Christian understanding of God.
Can we discuss something intelligent like how this is part of the Muslim calling?
Thank you and I appreciate where you both act like the Gentlemen I know you to be.
Yours truly,
Emily

Dear JakeStarkey
on the other hand, perhaps it is Sunni Man's Christian background that gives him ability to
discern and to reconcile Islam with the right teachings from Jewish and Christian traditions as well.

Maybe this connection in Christ IS the key and IS necessary for fulfilling the Islamic teachings

meaning and message in Christ in order to unite ALL tribes as one in God's name.
Islam ESPECIALLY.
You are very much on the mark Emily.

My strong Christian background when coupled with almost 14 years of being a convert to Islam.

Has given me a solid bridge of understanding to mediate in the local community between the two faiths and bring them closer together. .... :cool:

Last edited:
Greetings my dear sister believers in the God of Abraham,

I hope that you are doing fine today. I am doing fine:).

To begin, a few months ago I was reading the NIV Bible's "Song of Songs" which is called in the KJV, "Song of Solomon." I remember a verse from that Book that made a very big impression on me. It was addressed to the "Daughters of Jerusalem," so, as a man I wondered how females interpret and understand the verse, and I wondered how would the verse affect Bible-believing women's thoughts and behavior (since it is from the less read than the KJV, New International Version.) The verse is repeated in the Book and I was wondering about these things...here is the verse:
  1. Song of Songs 2:7
  2. Song of Songs 3:5
  3. Song of Songs 8:4
    Daughters of Jerusalem, I charge you: Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires.
My dear, dear sisters, may I ask: what does this verse mean to you and how would it affect your behavior if you lived by it?

Thank you VERY MUCH to all answerers.

Brotherly love,
Anonymous1977

You shouldn't have sex unless you're in the mood.
No midnight nookie?????

your comment reminds me of something MAIMONIDES
wrote------he wrote----the best time for sex is midnight---
but never wake your wife out of sleep ---for it-----and
Never make an attempt whilst she is sleeping. ????
well I was young when I read his book that is about
all I got out of it

That's not Christianity. I don't know what it is, but it isn't what we believe, and it isn't what we do.

Hi koshergrl,

Thanks for answering my questions...I guess we have different Christian experiences lol...I think those Scriptures in Song of Solomon mean don't try to do things to arouse a man to love you or make him love you before love is naturally there...

the "song of songs" is poetry -----it is not a legal code

Dear JakeStarkey

Islam ESPECIALLY.
You are very much on the mark Emily.

My strong Christian background when coupled with almost 14 years of being a convert to Islam.

Has given me a solid bridge of understanding to mediate in the local community between the two faiths and bring them closer together. .... :cool:
:) You said that with a straight face.

Forum List

Back