Question for Bible-believing women

First mistake right there.

Why are there so many different "versions" of the Bible?...it is kind of sickening.

Peace.

Why? Because different sects found different writings that matched their outlook until some editors came up with a "approved" version that was then tied to political issues.

It's hard to accept that the Bible can be written by God when it passed through the hands of human editors. At least Christianity didn't have the human prophet claim the words he spoke came directly from God and anyone who edited the text was to be put to death.

Because it is, after all, all about the man.

No Sir, that sick kind of thinking causes alot of people alot of problems...there is no good reason to hate or attack women, simpleton.

That was pretty much my point. That was what is called sarcasm as a response to your post. You should read your post again. Here, let me help:

"I think it means not only don't do physical things to arouse or awaken love in a man, but also don't do spiritual nor mental things to arouse or awaken love in a man."

This clearly shows you do think it is all about the man. And, as you have stated, that sick kind go thinking causes a lot of people a lot of problems.

Why? Because different sects found different writings that matched their outlook until some editors came up with a "approved" version that was then tied to political issues.

It's hard to accept that the Bible can be written by God when it passed through the hands of human editors. At least Christianity didn't have the human prophet claim the words he spoke came directly from God and anyone who edited the text was to be put to death.

Lol you don't know the Bible, Sir...you have decided that the Biblical God is evil and you don't know the Book.

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Revelation 22:18

For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Revelation 22:19

And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

This clearly shows you do think it is all about the man. And, as you have stated, that sick kind go thinking causes a lot of people a lot of problems.

Well, I misunderstood you (your sarcasm) and you misunderstood me (I said nothing about "it" being all about "the man," you ASSumer lol.)

Fine, but where did Moses find Hebrew males for the Exodus (or to knock up Hebrew women once he got them to the Promised Land) if all Hebrew boys got tossed in the Nile? Surely Pharaoh would have notices a million or so Hebrew male slaves.

Half of New Testament forged

Contradictory views, discrepancies in the language and the choice of words among the books attributed to Paul are all evidence of this forgery, the author asserts.

For example, Ehrman’s analysis of the book of Ephesians shows that the text, filled with long Greek sentences, doesn’t match with Paul’s peculiar Greek writing style, made of short sentences.

Moreover, the content of what the author says "stands at odds with Paul’s own thought, but is in line with the Ephesians," writes Ehrman.

The biblical scholar, who also challenges the authenticity of the Gospels of Matthew, Mark and John, disputes the assumption that the Apostle Peter wrote the Epistles of Peter or anything else.

Half of New Testament forged Bible scholar says 8211 CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Well, I misunderstood you (your sarcasm) and you misunderstood me (I said nothing about "it" being all about "the man," you ASSumer lol.)

I notice you keep cutting your quote out. Let me put it back in and highlight it for you:

"I think it means not only don't do physical things to arouse or awaken love in a man, but also don't do spiritual nor mental things to arouse or awaken love in a man."

It is not a woman's problem what they do or do not arouse or awaken in a man. That is the man's problem. I don't think I misunderstood you.

Fine, but where did Moses find Hebrew males for the Exodus (or to knock up Hebrew women once he got them to the Promised Land) if all Hebrew boys got tossed in the Nile? Surely Pharaoh would have notices a million or so Hebrew male slaves.

The Scripture said "newborns." There were obviously already males in existence before that decree from Pharaoh, Sir lol...

It is not a woman's problem what they do or do not arouse or awaken in a man. That is the man's problem. I don't think I misunderstood you.

No, jack-ass, you did misunderstand me. I was discussing a Scripture directing women's behavior and male-female relationships were being discussed when I said that, but the fact of the matter is that I think that the Scripture means that women should not try to arouse or awaken love in anyone before it is there. I did not say that "it," or anything else, is "all about the man," dufis lol.

the "song of songs" is poetry -----it is not a legal code

Lol, it is the Word of God, Ma'am (2 Timothy 3:16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:)

who told you that ?? your imam? The song of songs is attributed to Solomon----the king. It's is considered to be
mystical and of obscure meaning

Newby, you are dope, and we both know it.

Emily, I respect. You and Sunni Man are just differenct sides of the same coin of religious mania.
I don't know if that is a compliment or not.
I know I can get religious and fundamentalistic about the Constitution and equal inclusion, protection and consent.
But the "weird" thing about that is
1. I try to enforce that to INCLUDE all beliefs, not impose mine in REJECTION of others.
2. I seek to find where people accept by free and natural agreement and consent, not coercion
so even in the area where I get most preachy and adamant about enforcement
the principles I enforce are about defending and including ALL people's beliefs and consent equally
regardless if we agree or not, I want that included to be fair and universal to all. so that is different.

Since men and women are only supposed to reserve and submit as "husbands and wives one to another," where their bodies belong to each other, it makes sense nobody should be arousing lust in ways not respectful of that spiritual commitment between partners. See also that the marital bed should be undefiled.

Hi emilynghiem:),

Now, those Scriptures say, "Do not arouse or awaken love..." as opposed to "lust." What does, "Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires" mean to you?...

Peace & Brotherly Love,
Anonymous1977
1. I just know that as long as we follow what is naturally God's will, then anything else can be resolved.
2. I would say that as long as we are acting naturally in keeping with God's will, then of course
any love that is awakened in the process would be when it natural arises or "God's love so desires"
3. if you want a concrete example, what if someone doesn't naturally love the Bible the way others do.
instead of forcing this or trying to induce it unnaturally in someone, why not let the person experience
it on their own by God's timing and path/purpose for their lives. why not trust that love will work in its own way and time.

this can mean very generally, and doesn't have to apply to just romantic relations which are a special case or subset
of all the possible ways God's love can manifest according to God's timing and design

Dear Anonymous1977
What you are talking about is a common misperception of forgiveness.
Forgiveness on the spiritual level and relation between man and God
does NOT WIPE OUT the debts and damages we create on earth
that harm relations with our fellow man.

We will still owe restitution and to earn forgiveness of men for what we do wrong to hurt others.
so the more wrongs we do to injure others, the more we owe to remedy the damages we cause.

the relationship between God and man is spiritual, where forgiving grace is given freely not earned.

The relationship between man and man is governed by natural laws,
where we get the justice we give. What we do to others comes back to us.
So on this level, yes, we will have to earn respect and forgiveness of others that is not given so freely.

Thank you emilynghlem for responding...do many Christians feel that if God forgives them, all is well?; does that explain things like this?:

lynchklanwithlynchedblackman_4.jpg
The forgiveness is mutual responsibility.
the Bible clearly calls for believers to forgive others their trespasses
so that God forgives theirs.

So if you are one way, and expect God to forgive you but you do not forgive others,
then others don't forgive you; and this creates an additional sin of unforgiveness which blocks God from
entering in to heal by Grace and correct wrongs in the spirit of Jesus or Justice.

Also the process of Restorative Justice in Christ Jesus
involves both forgiveness on the spiritual level
and also correction on the physical level. wrongs done by natural laws against other neighbors
still require correction and or restitution on that level in order to restore good faith relations, justice and peace.

It is true that as long as you ask God's help with forgiveness, this will be granted
to the degree that you ask.

but this does not preclude or replace corrections owed for physical wrongs
under civil or natural laws of the secular realm under those laws as well.

No, jack-ass, you did misunderstand me. I was discussing a Scripture directing women's behavior and male-female relationships were being discussed when I said that, but the fact of the matter is that I think that the Scripture means that women should not try to arouse or awaken love in anyone before it is there. I did not say that "it," or anything else, is "all about the man," dufis lol.

Right. Sure you didn't. Which is why you, a man according to your profile, set up a thread for women so you could explain to them what this scripture meant. The only person you are fooling is you.

who told you that ?? your imam? The song of songs is attributed to Solomon----the king. It's is considered to be
mystical and of obscure meaning

Lol. No, Ma'am, I do not have an Imam. I am a Sabian, not a Muslim, though I do believe that Muhammad was a Prophet.

Lolol but nothing that you have said changes the fact that Song of Solomon is Scripture and this is what the Apostle Paul said about Scripture:

2 Timothy 3:16: All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That said by Paul, may I ask you, my sister believer in the God of Abraham: how do you interpret the words, "Do not arouse or awaken love until it so desires" and what do those words mean to you?

Peace & Blessings to you:).
Anonymous1977

1. I just know that as long as we follow what is naturally God's will, then anything else can be resolved.
2. I would say that as long as we are acting naturally in keeping with God's will, then of course
any love that is awakened in the process would be when it natural arises or "God's love so desires"
3. if you want a concrete example, what if someone doesn't naturally love the Bible the way others do.
instead of forcing this or trying to induce it unnaturally in someone, why not let the person experience
it on their own by God's timing and path/purpose for their lives. why not trust that love will work in its own way and time.

this can mean very generally, and doesn't have to apply to just romantic relations which are a special case or subset
of all the possible ways God's love can manifest according to God's timing and design

Thank you Ma'am for answering.

The forgiveness is mutual responsibility.
the Bible clearly calls for believers to forgive others their trespasses
so that God forgives theirs.

So if you are one way, and expect God to forgive you but you do not forgive others,
then others don't forgive you; and this creates an additional sin of unforgiveness which blocks God from
entering in to heal by Grace and correct wrongs in the spirit of Jesus or Justice.

Also the process of Restorative Justice in Christ Jesus
involves both forgiveness on the spiritual level
and also correction on the physical level. wrongs done by natural laws against other neighbors
still require correction and or restitution on that level in order to restore good faith relations, justice and peace.

It is true that as long as you ask God's help with forgiveness, this will be granted
to the degree that you ask.

but this does not preclude or replace corrections owed for physical wrongs
under civil or natural laws of the secular realm under those laws as well.

So you are saying that as long as the Christian forgives others their trespasses and asks God to forgive his/her own, the Christian can sin, if he/she pleases?

Right. Sure you didn't. Which is why you, a man according to your profile, set up a thread for women so you could explain to them what this scripture meant. The only person you are fooling is you.

LOLOLOL. Beat it, moron...quit making stuff up and attacking people for no reason (eh-hem eh-hem maybe because though I'm not a Muslim I believe that Muhammad was a Prophet is the reason you are FALSELY attacking for no good reason.)

Get a life, turd lol.

LOLOLOL. Beat it, moron...quit making stuff up and attacking people for no reason (eh-hem eh-hem maybe because though I'm not a Muslim I believe that Muhammad was a Prophet is the reason you are FALSELY attacking for no good reason.)

Get a life, turd lol.

Amazing.

Forum List

Back