Q for Followers of Jesus

Originally posted by Avatar4321
You realize you are poisoning the well dont you? Do you really want to find answers or are you just trying to find an excuse to attack Christians and call them stupid.........

Most eloquently said. My hat off to you.

Originally posted by musicman

This is your answer? Why not just quote the Gospel according to Fred?

That is exactly what Christianity has done. Pauline Christianity is not the faith of the early Christian church but was created out of whole cloth by a man named Paul of Tarsus.

I do not ask you to believe that Christ would turn over and over if he knew what St. Paul and later Emperor Constantine did to his beliefs and life.

But a little investigation on your part concerning the early and original Christian church might be in order.

Your statement really holds true by the statement that the current versions of the Christian Gospel is according to (Fred) a Tarsian by the name of Paul or Saul.

Originally posted by ajwps
That is exactly what Christianity has done. Pauline Christianity is not the faith of the early Christian church but was created out of whole cloth by a man named Paul of Tarsus.

I do not ask you to believe that Christ would turn over and over if he knew what St. Paul and later Emperor Constantine did to his beliefs and life.

But a little investigation on your part concerning the early and original Christian church might be in order.

Your statement really holds true by the statement that the current versions of the Christian Gospel is according to (Fred) a Tarsian by the name of Paul or Saul.

Unfortunately, those with a bent towards religious fundamentalism in this country aren't really interested in exploring those roots as it would interfere with their justifications for, and attempts to, impose their beliefs upon the rest of society. From that standpoint, they are really no better than the Taliban, who completely ignored the teachings of their prophet, and used the mantle of religion in an attempt to hide their true depravity.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit

Unfortunately, those with a bent towards religious fundamentalism in this country aren't really interested in exploring those roots as it would interfere with their justifications for, and attempts to, impose their beliefs upon the rest of society. From that standpoint, they are really no better than the Taliban, who completely ignored the teachings of their prophet, and used the mantle of religion in an attempt to hide their true depravity.

You are so correct. Once a person is deeply invested in his belief structure, any questioning of the origins of that faith could result in the loss of that hard gained free ticket salvation from personal sin.

........ Pauline Christianity is not the faith of the early Christian church but was created out of whole cloth by a man named Paul of Tarsus.........

Investigate all you want. But at least get it straight. Paul did start the early Christian churches but the doctrine came from CHRIST.

Originally posted by Joz

Investigate all you want. But at least get it straight. Paul did start the early Christian churches but the doctrine came from CHRIST.

How would you know what Christ gave as doctrine? He didn't put down one word on paper......

All great things bring about their own destruction through an act of self-overcoming: thus the law of life will have it, the law of the necessity of “self-overcoming” in the nature of life—the lawgiver himself eventually receives the call: “submit to the law that you yourself proposed.” In this way Christianity as a dogma was destroyed by its own morality; in the same way Christianity as morality must now perish, too: we stand on the threshold of this event. After Christian truthfulness has drawn one inference after another, it must end by drawing its most striking inference, its inference against itself; this will happen, however, when it poses the question “what is the meaning of all will to truth?”

Friedrich Nietzsche (1844–1900)

How would you know what Christ gave as doctrine? He didn't put down one word on paper......

First of all, there is no reason to take that tone with me. I'm not your wife.

And from all indication, i can assume you do NOT believe in the Bible, correct?

Originally posted by Joz

First of all, there is no reason to take that tone with me. I'm not your wife.

And from all indication, i can assume you do NOT believe in the Bible, correct?

Wrong on both accounts. You are assuming that I am taking a tone against you but actually you are the one with the axe to grind.

There is no way that you could be my wife. You are more like a fisherman's wife.

Wrong on both accounts. You are assuming that I am taking a tone against you but actually you are the one with the axe to grind.

There is no way that you could be my wife. You are more like a fisherman's wife.

No, I don't have an "axe to grind." I was merely asking you to explain some of your statements. There's no cause for your other statement.

Which is exactly why one must obtain a witness for themselves. God will reveal it by the power of the Holy Ghost to any sincere seeker of truth who will ask and follow the answer given.

Originally posted by Joz

No, I don't have an "axe to grind." I was merely asking you to explain some of your statements. There's no cause for your other statement.

I bet that you really don't believe you have an axe to grind with reference to the question at hand. Whether Pauline Christianity had any resemblence to the early Christian church of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

Paul tried to get Jesus brother Peter and John the Baptist to convert to the new religion that rejected the laws that Jesus observed and his own church would not give up.

Paul did go around preaching and using PRETENSE to hide the rift between Jesus Christ's original early church and that which he wished to create from his pagan background.

As for my other statement, you are the one who began stating that my tone resembled your wife. A reply in kind seemed appropriate.

Which is exactly why one must obtain a witness for themselves. God will reveal it by the power of the Holy Ghost to any sincere seeker of truth who will ask and follow the answer given.

You know it seems very strange indeed that Jesus Christ of Nazareth could not write his own divine bible but needed holy ghost seekers to find some kind of truth in hearing voices.

I'll bet that Jesus was just way too busy with his carpenter business than to take the time to sit down and write an original gospel by the son of a god.

As for my other statement, you are the one who began stating that my tone resembled your wife. A reply in kind seemed appropriate.

I AM the wife, just not yours, so there was no reason for you to speak to me in the manner in which you did.

I'm finding that you are one of these men who hate to be questioned. You thump your chest and we're all suppose to just accept what you've said, because you said it. It's a shame too. You are very well read. But, I'll bet you have penis issues too.

Originally posted by Joz
I AM the wife, just not yours, so there was no reason for you to speak to me in the manner in which you did.

I'm finding that you are one of these men who hate to be questioned. You thump your chest and we're all suppose to just accept what you've said, because you said it. It's a shame too. You are very well read. But, I'll bet you have penis issues too.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

You know it seems very strange indeed that Jesus Christ of Nazareth could not write his own divine bible but needed holy ghost seekers to find some kind of truth in hearing voices.

I'll bet that Jesus was just way too busy with his carpenter business than to take the time to sit down and write an original gospel by the son of a god.

If He wrote it would you believe it? Christ established and ordained Apostles to be his witnesses. Besides since the scriptures are an account of his ministry, death, and resurrection, wouldnt it have been rather difficult for him to right about them before his death?

Originally posted by Joz

You brute you. Yes I penis issues as you say, and I'll bet you have penis envy issues as well, you savage.

Getting back to the debate, it seems so strange that the father took the time to send his only son to this planet to save the Chrisitans that he might have thought how important it was for Jesus, now that he had hands and fingers, to write down his New Testament.

In John 2, there was a wedding where Jesus and his best men were reported to be present. Also his mother Mary was concerned over serviing wine to the guests. I wonder who the bridegroom was at this wedding in Cana of Galilee? Do you think it could have been Jesus as his mother seemed to be very involved with the servants following her sons orders.

What do you think?

If He wrote it would you believe it? Christ established and ordained Apostles to be his witnesses. Besides since the scriptures are an account of his ministry, death, and resurrection, wouldnt it have been rather difficult for him to right about them before his death?

If Jesus pesonally autographed his bible that existed to this very day, it would at least have been open to discussion that a god actually sat down on a chair to write about his divinity. Actually I have a real verified certificate of my ministry of the Milky Way galaxy.

Actually if Jesus was some sort of divine man-god, wouldn't he know about what was going to happen to him. After all his ultimate goal on earth was to come to earth to die for your sins.

How is it that a real god wouldn't have foreknowledge of a few earth years? After all, at the last supper, he knew that he had been turned into the Romans and those nasty Jews by Judas. Do you think that someone told him?

Ouch, i am not sure I want to know what issues you think he has with his manhood.

Don't play stupid, here. You know exactly what I mean. I get to see it all the time.

.....Actually if Jesus was some sort of divine man-god, wouldn't he know about what was going to happen to him. After all his ultimate goal on earth was to come to earth to die for your sins.....

If you recall, Jesus, at the age of 12, told his mother he had to be about his Father's business. He knew.

Forum List

Back