putin begins massive war call-up, flights sell out

Putin lacks the resources to train and equip all these new call ups

What does he expect to do with them ?

I think most of them have already done service. Everyone between 17 or 18 and 27 has to do military service so it isn't like taking some of our people with no experience. No idea what they are for. He has elections going on now to see if people in the occupied areas apparently want to be in Russia which he will expect to be so. Then these areas will be Russian and according to him if Ukraine or anyone else tries to get them out of there the nuke war begins.

He's desperate. He's losing badly but doesn't want to admit defeat, so he's throwing everything he has at the problem. This reminds me of what the Japanese did toward the end of WWII.

The end of this whole thing is pretty close. I predict Putin gets thrown out of office and his replacement attempts to cut a peace deal.

Putin is so well aware of how these same Globalists treated Qadaffi, Saddam and the Americans working at the Twin Towers on 911.

Yet they continue poke the Bear.

He's been incredibly restrained in the face of continued provocation.

Hopefully he will continue on this course and if and when he decides that he must take action it will be the confinement of cranes to the nest

Then these areas will be Russian and according to him if Ukraine or anyone else tries to get them out of there the nuke war begins.
When he says he's not bluffing, I think people would be wise to believe him. We had a former general who commanded the Americans forces in Europe, who said if Putin used a nuke in Ukraine, the most likely response would be to use conventional forces to destroy his naval bases and ship of the Black Sea.

He said it like that'd be the end of the conflict. These people have gone insane.

When he says he's not bluffing, I think people would be wise to believe him. We had a former general who commanded the Americans forces in Europe, who said if Putin used a nuke in Ukraine, the most likely response would be to use conventional forces to destroy his naval bases and ship of the Black Sea.

He said it like that'd be the end of the conflict. These people have gone insane.
Facing up to the questions and answers is too painful for Americans to take seriously.

So yes, there's the question of what would happen next if Russia's Black Sea fleet and bases were destroyed?

Yes, I think it was the BBC who hired one of those people who can watch body language to see what is really going on. She said without question he meant it when he spoke of using nukes.

He's desperate. He's losing badly but doesn't want to admit defeat, so he's throwing everything he has at the problem. This reminds me of what the Japanese did toward the end of WWII.

The end of this whole thing is pretty close. I predict Putin gets thrown out of office and his replacement attempts to cut a peace deal.
I doubt if Putin will leave peacefully, much like his protégé Trump

Yes, I think it was the BBC who hired one of those people who can watch body language to see what is really going on. She said without question he meant it when he spoke of using nukes.
Russia can't win the war against such amassed forces. We should all be able to accept that as a truth too, along with Putin not bluffing.

The ray of hope that is being depended upon by the OP is that Russia's people will stand up against Putin.

Is anybody willing to stake the future of humanity on that possibility?

I suggest that Putin speaks for his people's resolve to not allow America to trespass any further!

Russia can't win the war against such amassed forces. We should all be able to accept that as a truth too, along with Putin not bluffing.

The ray of hope that is being depended upon by the OP is that Russia's people will stand up against Putin.

I suggest that Putin speaks for his people's resolve to not allow America to trespass any further!
America has not set a foot in Russia
We have assisted an independent nation fighting an invasion

Putin can’t win, he shot his wad and is just hanging on.

He can threaten nukes, but that will just hasten his demise
NATO has stayed out of it so far.

Russia using nukes will bring the wrath of NATO

Putin has shown he can’t handle Ukraine, He would be no match for the power of NATO

Russia can't win the war against such amassed forces.
He is amassing more than is currently amassed

We should all be able to accept that as a truth too, along with Putin not bluffing.
You are inferring that nuclear war is ineffable? One good point I heard concerning Putin's speech is that he wants to talk. Ukraine does not. I think no harm would be done if the people of US. UK etc stood up to their Governments as well.
They have been doing their best today, leaving the country and saying no to the war but that probably is not very many. The need is for the US to start demanding a settlement which can allow both the US and Russia to get out with their heads held high and Ukraine to feel it did well and is not in further danger, Get off their asses and do it before it is too late.

AS Esdraelon said both sides are insane so you do not know what is going to happen.​

Yes and the West needs to listen. The US cannot bully everyone all the time.

Russia using nukes will bring the wrath of NATO

Putin has shown he can’t handle Ukraine, He would be no match for the power of NATO
If you want to be taken seriously, you should stop right there.

The only talking point available now is on the question of whether the Russian people will stay the course with Putin and their country's military.

You could also maintain that Putin stands alone.

If you want to be taken seriously, you should stop right there.

The only talking point available now is on the question of whether the Russian people will stay the course with Putin and their country's military.

You could also maintain that Putin stands alone.

Sorry Donny

But it is much more complex than that.
The people don’t have much choice. Putin does not care about what the people think and will do what is necessary to stay in power. He is very good at it.

Try to keep up.

Sorry Donny

But it is much more complex than that.
The people don’t have much choice. Putin does not care about what the people think and will do what is necessary to stay in power. He is very good at it.

Try to keep up.
If the Russian people turn against Putin, America will win the war.
If there is a large enough popular resistance, Putin will be assassinated.
Act like an adult or our conversation is over.

He is amassing more than is currently amassed

You are inferring that nuclear war is ineffable?
No, and not even inevitable. I'm only suggesting that Putin's resolve is solid and I suspect that the Russian people will stay the course with him.
One good point I heard concerning Putin's speech is that he wants to talk. Ukraine does not. I think no harm would be done if the people of US. UK etc stood up to their Governments as well.
I think that US and UK government will stay their course too.
And the people's resolve could be as strong and determined as is the Russian people's.
They have been doing their best today, leaving the country and saying no to the war but that probably is not very many. The need is for the US to start demanding a settlement which can allow both the US and Russia to get out with their heads held high and Ukraine to feel it did well and is not in further danger, Get off their asses and do it before it is too late.
I would agree, but I haven't put much thinking into what that peace could entail.
We can all speculate but the rater childish tone of this board most likely won't suggest any answers.

About all I'll offer is a return to the Minsk agreement with UN policing.

AS Esdraelon said both sides are insane so you do not know what is going to happen.​

No alexa, both sides aren't insane and that's not helpful.
Yes and the West needs to listen. The US cannot bully everyone all the time.
To that I suggest that America promoted the opportunity to escalate the fighting in the Ukraine that destroyed the Minsk agreement. The reason being that America's PNAC agenda is still the goal.

We're not going to fight an armchair war with each other! I'm here to explore the possibilities, as I expect you will too.

Forum List

Back