Progressive Va. School Refuses To Play Sports With Icky Christian Kids

:th_weirdthread:

I’ve been wanting to use this icon.

This sounds like the appropriate thread.

Still don’t know who didn’t want to play with who…or why it matters.

It's pretty clear from the article. The "progressive school" says it feels uncomfortable playing at the Christian school, and I guess will forfeit the game there.
No, what's clear is that this is an inane thread that fails as a strawman fallacy; just more whining from the right about a non-issue.

It's pretty clear from the article. The "progressive school" says it feels uncomfortable playing at the Christian school, and I guess will forfeit the game there.
No, what's clear is that this is an inane thread that fails as a strawman fallacy; just more whining from the right about a non-issue.

Why won't they go to the Christian school to play the game?

Lol you don't expect a response from that hit and run troll do you?

The school in question did not go out of their way to advertise their viewpoints, they were thrust into the limelight because Pence's wife had the audacity to work there, and the media decided to make them a "Christians bad" story.

and now that the world knows this "school" is preaching homophobia, we can act accordingly.

Not seeing a problem here.

The school in question did not go out of their way to advertise their viewpoints, they were thrust into the limelight because Pence's wife had the audacity to work there, and the media decided to make them a "Christians bad" story.

and now that the world knows this "school" is preaching homophobia, we can act accordingly.

Not seeing a problem here.

It isn't preaching anything. the only reason the people outside of those going to the school know about it is because the media wanted to do a hit piece on Pence via his wife.

The only bigotry going on here is on the part of the Progressive school, for not being even able to associate with the Christian school via a fucking high school basketball game.

Because their school is homophobic.

Homosexuality is against their religious code. They would be homophobic if they refused to play against a team with a lesbian on it, and this being girls basketball, that is probably almost every other team except the other more conservative christian ones.

This all boils down to progressives like Joe thinking their way of living is the only way. It's the ultimate in narcissism.

Or another religion.

So the school is proud to not only teach bigotry, but put it into action.

Ugly stuff.
What do you mean, Mac?

The school is teaching anti-bigotry if you researched the Story.

The school they declined to Visit bans Gay Parents, Students, and families that merely SUPPORT LGBT rights.

Do you want to teach kids that that form of Bigotry, as you just decried with this post, is OKAY?

Seems to me like you don't support a school that teaches bigotry.

Isn't saying people who hold Christian beliefs are not worth associating with bigotry as well?
I would say that if my thoughts were completely binary, and I couldn't use my reasoning for context.

Christian Beliefs are, by their very scripture, bigoted against certain folks.

Disengaging them based on that - or what binary thinkers would call "anti bigotry bigotry" isn't hypocritical, it's morally consistent against Bigotry.
You can't be bigoted toward a sin, only the sinner. The Bible teaches us to love the sinner and hate the sin. That isn't bigotry as you define it. Unless you believe hatred of something like pedophillia is bigotry.

Is it?
When you use the Bible as justification to try to prohibit something like Civil Marriage, it is indeed bigotry. When you arbitrarily decide which behaviors are sin and not, it is bigotry.
. Homosexuals can get married, just not to each other. Once again, The Bible isn't being bigoted toward the homosexual.
Remember actions are the sin,. Is pedophillia a sin?

The progtard school is probably full of trannies anyway. No need for Christian kids to be exposed to mental illness...well any kid for that matter
But the "female" basketball team should be much better than the one at the Christian school.

What do you mean, Mac?

The school they declined to Visit bans Gay Parents, Students, and families that merely SUPPORT LGBT rights.

Do you want to teach kids that that form of Bigotry, as you just decried with this post, is OKAY?

Isn't saying people who hold Christian beliefs are not worth associating with bigotry as well?
I would say that if my thoughts were completely binary, and I couldn't use my reasoning for context.

Disengaging them based on that - or what binary thinkers would call "anti bigotry bigotry" isn't hypocritical, it's morally consistent against Bigotry.
You can't be bigoted toward a sin, only the sinner. The Bible teaches us to love the sinner and hate the sin. That isn't bigotry as you define it. Unless you believe hatred of something like pedophillia is bigotry.

Is it?
When you use the Bible as justification to try to prohibit something like Civil Marriage, it is indeed bigotry. When you arbitrarily decide which behaviors are sin and not, it is bigotry.
. Homosexuals can get married, just not to each other. Once again, The Bible isn't being bigoted toward the homosexual.
Remember actions are the sin,. Is pedophillia a sin?
That's not an intellectually convincing argument. In fact, it's an argument in totally bad faith. Bad faith arguments, at their very base, are dishonest in intent.

I guess "can't we all just get along" isn't going to work anymore.

News media recently attacked second lady Karen Pence for teaching art at a Christian school that requires fidelity to Christian sexual mores from students and staff. Now a progressive private school that used to play athletic games against Pence’s Immanuel Christian School is refusing to play against them at their facility, on grounds that playing basketball at a Christian school makes children “unsafe.” Yes, really.

I particularly like these parts:

So we decided that we would invite ICS to play all of the games at Sheridan. Since ICS declined our offer to host, we will only play our home games and will not go to ICS to play.

When Immanuel kids come to play at Sheridan, Donovan said, her students plan to antagonize the Christian children by plastering LGBT images across their clothing and waving LGBT-celebratory signs during games.

So they asked to hold all the games on their home court, because, you know, uncomfortable, and then the person said they would go out of their way to make the other schools kids be uncomfortable as possible.

What a display of doublethink.
Send your kid(s) somewhere else. Fweedumb.

Typical prog non-answer.
Typical con hasty generalization fallacy.

News media recently attacked second lady Karen Pence for teaching art at a Christian school that requires fidelity to Christian sexual mores from students and staff. Now a progressive private school that used to play athletic games against Pence’s Immanuel Christian School is refusing to play against them at their facility, on grounds that playing basketball at a Christian school makes children “unsafe.” Yes, really.

So we decided that we would invite ICS to play all of the games at Sheridan. Since ICS declined our offer to host, we will only play our home games and will not go to ICS to play.

When Immanuel kids come to play at Sheridan, Donovan said, her students plan to antagonize the Christian children by plastering LGBT images across their clothing and waving LGBT-celebratory signs during games.

So they asked to hold all the games on their home court, because, you know, uncomfortable, and then the person said they would go out of their way to make the other schools kids be uncomfortable as possible.

Typical prog non-answer.

You need some new material

Typical prog non-answer.

How about you actually try to refute my post, instead of your usual lazy drive by nothing-posts?

Or another religion.

So the school is proud to not only teach bigotry, but put it into action.

Ugly stuff.
What do you mean, Mac?

Is it?
/——/ Are there Christians who do that? Yes. But not all

What do you mean, Mac?

Is it?
/——/ Are there Christians who do that? Yes. But not all
I'd never say all would, either.

But if a school discriminates against folks based on the gender they're physically attracted to - it's bigotry.

It isn't preaching anything. the only reason the people outside of those going to the school know about it is because the media wanted to do a hit piece on Pence via his wife.

The only bigotry going on here is on the part of the Progressive school, for not being even able to associate with the Christian school via a fucking high school basketball game.

Gee, so you are against freedom of association now? Because if this was some wifebeater refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple, you'd be all over it. But a school says, 'We don't want to play against your school because you teach homophobia", that's wrong by you?

Typical prog non-answer.

You need some new material

LOL you literally just generalized while griping about someone else generalizing.

You are stupid.

(could not resist)

What do you care and how is it any of your business? (rhetorical question - I don't much care/can guess what your answer is)

They are braking no laws, not being cruel to people.

Just exercising their right to freedom of movement and expression.

You are trying to make a 'federal' case out of it....just like the article is desperately trying to do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back