The Manure-Spreaders of Media Sensationalism

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
Read SO MUCH MORE at
Townhall.com ^

65502399-8012-4cc6-ad5d-0facb03ad64d.jpg

Here we go again. If you think the manure-spreaders of sensationalism who masquerade as ethical practitioners of journalism learned anything from last week's MAGA-bashing Covington Catholic High School hoax, I have three words for you:

Ha, ha, ha.

On Tuesday morning, uncorroborated claims by actor Jussie Smollett that he was the victim of a "brutal" hate crime by Trump supporters in Chicago went viral across social media. Entertainment rag TMZ.com first splashed "exclusive" headlines that the "Empire" cast member was "beaten by MAGA backers" in a "homophobic attack" at around 2 a.m. in Chicago. If you have no idea what "Empire" is or who Smollett is, join the club. The TV star is apparently a vocal critic of Trump and attacked "45 and all his white hooded cohorts" on Instagram last week.

But I digress.

Within minutes, the gossip site's squib on the TV star's alleged victimization trended on Twitter and rocketed up to USA Today, Variety, CBS, CNN and The New York Times. The Fishwrap of Record breathlessly reported lurid details of two people who "wrapped rope around his neck," which multiple outlets characterized as a "noose." A police statement providing incident background stated that "the offenders began to batter the victim with their hands about the face and poured an unknown chemical substance on the victim," according to Smollett. Multiple websites reported that the substance was bleach.

This is truly horrible, if true. But color me cautious and skeptical. TMZ initially reported that Smollett had exited a Subway chain restaurant near his luxury apartment when accosted by the racist, homophobic assailants, who allegedly recognized him from his work on "Empire." Allegedly, Smollett received a hate mail with the word "MAGA" on it addressed to him and sent to his studio in Chicago last week. If this was a premeditated attack, the FBI should get to the bottom of it.

But oddities and discrepancies abound:

TMZ quoted one of the "MAGA country" attackers who allegedly hurled epithets at Smollett: "Aren't you that f----t 'Empire' n-----?"

Question: How many racist homophobic menaces wander around the upscale Streeterville neighborhood of liberal Chicago at 2 a.m. carrying rope and bleach, yelling about "MAGA country"?

I think all of yous are wimpy crybabies along with the stories yous post, get some balls and backbone...

Read SO MUCH MORE at
Townhall.com ^

65502399-8012-4cc6-ad5d-0facb03ad64d.jpg

Here we go again. If you think the manure-spreaders of sensationalism who masquerade as ethical practitioners of journalism learned anything from last week's MAGA-bashing Covington Catholic High School hoax, I have three words for you:

Ha, ha, ha.

On Tuesday morning, uncorroborated claims by actor Jussie Smollett that he was the victim of a "brutal" hate crime by Trump supporters in Chicago went viral across social media. Entertainment rag TMZ.com first splashed "exclusive" headlines that the "Empire" cast member was "beaten by MAGA backers" in a "homophobic attack" at around 2 a.m. in Chicago. If you have no idea what "Empire" is or who Smollett is, join the club. The TV star is apparently a vocal critic of Trump and attacked "45 and all his white hooded cohorts" on Instagram last week.

But I digress.

Within minutes, the gossip site's squib on the TV star's alleged victimization trended on Twitter and rocketed up to USA Today, Variety, CBS, CNN and The New York Times. The Fishwrap of Record breathlessly reported lurid details of two people who "wrapped rope around his neck," which multiple outlets characterized as a "noose." A police statement providing incident background stated that "the offenders began to batter the victim with their hands about the face and poured an unknown chemical substance on the victim," according to Smollett. Multiple websites reported that the substance was bleach.

This is truly horrible, if true. But color me cautious and skeptical. TMZ initially reported that Smollett had exited a Subway chain restaurant near his luxury apartment when accosted by the racist, homophobic assailants, who allegedly recognized him from his work on "Empire." Allegedly, Smollett received a hate mail with the word "MAGA" on it addressed to him and sent to his studio in Chicago last week. If this was a premeditated attack, the FBI should get to the bottom of it.

But oddities and discrepancies abound:

TMZ quoted one of the "MAGA country" attackers who allegedly hurled epithets at Smollett: "Aren't you that f----t 'Empire' n-----?"

Question: How many racist homophobic menaces wander around the upscale Streeterville neighborhood of liberal Chicago at 2 a.m. carrying rope and bleach, yelling about "MAGA country"?
How many white suprmecists would be aware of, let alone watch, a tv show about blacks and featuring a black homo?

Forum List

Back