Progressive DoubleThink

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
Mike Bloomberg master of Progressive DoubleThink said the following, "We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms." So therefore, "“But we live in a complex word where you’re going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change.”"

http://politicker.com/2013/04/bloom...tion-of-the-constitution-will-have-to-change/

See how that works?

You must surrender freedom so your freedoms are not taken away by bad people.

"we're from the government we're here to help"

images

Oddly, they're now actually doing what they screamed bloody murder about Bush doing... who actually wasn't doing.

What an upside down world.

408583_10200197784841267_1675068214_n.jpg

"For your protection we're asking that you remain inside....it's dangerous out here"

Seems as if the liberties we had as recently as the 1970's is a thing of the past. The population has grown so gigantically and international affairs have grown so complex that what worked doesn't seem to any more. It's one of the few things I'm nostalgic about.

Is this why the democrat slogan for 2014 is going to be "what difference does it make".

And it's neat how Neo-Cons say they are for "freedom" while expecting "Big Gubmint" to get involved in people's personal lives and prohibit abortion, gay marriage, euthanasia, etc.

Fucking hypocrites.

Mike Bloomberg master of Progressive DoubleThink said the following, "We know there are people who want to take away our freedoms." So therefore, "“But we live in a complex word where you’re going to have to have a level of security greater than you did back in the olden days, if you will. And our laws and our interpretation of the Constitution, I think, have to change.”"

Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ?Have to Change? After Boston Bombing | Politicker

See how that works?

images

Did you get a good look at the clown riding in the turret? I spit beer all over the ottoman when I saw him the other night.
Dude looks like an overweight comic book store manager in combat gear.

Progressive DoubleThink

CF: See how that works?

Michael Bloomberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bloomberg switched his party registration in 2001 to run for mayor as a Republican. He defeated opponent Mark Green in close election held just weeks after the September 11 terrorist attacks. Bloomberg won a second term in 2005 and left the Republican Party two years later. He campaigned to change the city's term limits law in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis and was elected to his third term in 2009 as an independent candidate on the Republican ballot line.

.... on the Republican ballot line.

worse than a SWAT loving Law and Order Republican ... is a Progressive SWAT loving Law and Order Republican.

Democrat/Republican/Independent.

Bloomberg is a confused and retarded LOLberal. Plain and simple.

Progressive DoubleThink

CF: See how that works?

Michael Bloomberg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bloomberg switched his party registration in 2001 to run for mayor as a Republican. He defeated opponent Mark Green in close election held just weeks after the September 11 terrorist attacks. Bloomberg won a second term in 2005 and left the Republican Party two years later. He campaigned to change the city's term limits law in the wake of the 2008 financial crisis and was elected to his third term in 2009 as an independent candidate on the Republican ballot line.

worse than a SWAT loving Law and Order Republican ... is a Progressive SWAT loving Law and Order Republican.

The only reason he ran on that line is the machine democrats control the "D" line, and the NYC republican party has no one interested in running for Mayor of NY.

Bloomberg is the prototypical progressive statist nanny-boy.

He's yours, enjoy the bastard.

Progressive DoubleThink

The only reason he ran on that line is the machine democrats control the "D" line, and the NYC republican party has no one interested in running for Mayor of NY.

since when is it anyone but a SWAT loving Republican that enjoys seeing a city taken over by armor enforced machine-gun packing local law enforcement.

Republicans should embrace Bloomberg - he is their true path to the future.

Seems as if the liberties we had as recently as the 1970's is a thing of the past.

I argue there's no good reason for that. See below.

The population has grown so gigantically

Actually, the US population has been growing at about 2.2% per year, far less than the world average.

and international affairs have grown so complex

I don't see that. Sure, it's what our dear leaders tell us, but is it really true? I say no. What is more complex about a business trading with a foreign company today vs 20 or 30 years ago? Hell, 100 years ago? If anything, technology, ease of travel, and international competition have made international dealings less complex than they were in the past. When travelling to Europe for a meeting took months on a wooden ship instead of a few hour flight, THAT was complex.

...that what worked doesn't seem to any more.

Actually, whatever we're doing is working better. You mentioned the 1970s. Compared to today, the 1970s saw a MUCH higher crime rate and violent crime rate. Mass killings were also far higher then than today. Even terrorists attacks were higher in the 70s, peaking in 1991. Today, they're near an all time low:

http://www.heritage.org/~/media/Images/Reports/2011/05/sr93/sr93_chart4750px.ashx

It's one of the few things I'm nostalgic about.

I get the "feeling" of nostalgia, but it belies the facts. We are a far safer society today than in the past. Of course, this doesn't stop the central planners from screaming they're needed more than ever...

Progressive DoubleThink

since when is it anyone but a SWAT loving Republican that enjoys seeing a city taken over by armor enforced machine-gun packing local law enforcement.

Considering it was the police in Taxachussets, most progressives are just fine with overbearing displays of state power. Just make sure no homeowners have any guns!!

They are scawwwey!!!!

Again, bloomberg is all yours. The smarmy rich white eliteist who thinks he knows whats best for us peons.

Progressive DoubleThink

That would be Boston's Democrat mayor...same party in charge there since about 1930.

I suppose if you are a nanny state sheeple worshiping at the alter of the central planners...then yes, Bloomberg's your guy. Personally, I think anyone from either party is out of their fucking mind to embrace a clueless dick like Bloomberg.

Bloomberg Says Interpretation of Constitution Will ?Have to Change? After Boston Bombing | Politicker

See how that works?

images

It seems to be all the rage.

Patriot Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:thup:

Last edited:
Progressive DoubleThink

When I saw the thread title, I thought it would be a thread about the Obamanites swearing up and down before Obamacare was passed, that it contained NO taxes, zero, zip, nada, that they would NOT repeat NOT raise taxes with this legislation, not no way, not no how.

....until after it the votes were counted and it was barely passed, and then went before the Supreme Court....

...whereupon those very same Obamanites swore up and down before the Justices that the Penalty for not signing up, wasn't a penalty at all, but a tax, and so it was constitutional under the Congress's power to lay and collect taxes. And they insisted that the Justices must ignore the 18 different places in the legislation itself, where it was referred to explicitly as a "penalty", and ZERO places where it was ever called a "tax", but take their (Obamanites') word that it was really, truly, honestly a tax, and they never considered it anything else.

You know, that progressive doublethink.

But it turned out the thread wasn't about that one.

Never mind.

Forum List

Back