Proglandia Revisited

Laslow

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2022
A few years ago, I posted a thread about what America would look like if progressives got what they wanted. People predicted that where we are today is exactly what would happen.

Higher costs for absolutely everything. This isn't subjective. Costs are far outweighing any gains in earnings. The dollar is falling.

Massive increase in crime. Again, not subjective. The recall in San Francisco show even liberals are tired of letting violent criminals walk free.

Unchecked illegal immigration Not subjective. Waves of 15,000 are showing up at the border. Democrats are busing and flying them all over the US. It is not enough that employers were not punished for hiring them, now democrats are offering them sweet perks for being here.

Authoritarian government abuse Don't Agree? The Russia Hoax was finally admitted by liberal media for being bs. The FBI and a political campaign were up to their eyeballs in this. Even for people who love Corona precautions, it was criminal to force grade school children to wear masks.

The environmental bs. For those who love our environmental policy, please explain why we are importing fuel from people with less environmental standards than ours? Why do elite liberals have mansions on the beach?

Attacks on Free Speech Don't have to elaborate. It can't be defended.

For the Progs, congratulations, you took us right where you were predicted to take us.

A few years ago, I posted a thread about what America would look like if progressives got what they wanted. People predicted that where we are today is exactly what would happen.

Higher costs for absolutely everything. This isn't subjective. Costs are far outweighing any gains in earnings. The dollar is falling.

Massive increase in crime. Again, not subjective. The recall in San Francisco show even liberals are tired of letting violent criminals walk free.

Unchecked illegal immigration Not subjective. Waves of 15,000 are showing up at the border. Democrats are busing and flying them all over the US. It is not enough that employers were not punished for hiring them, now democrats are offering them sweet perks for being here.

Authoritarian government abuse Don't Agree? The Russia Hoax was finally admitted by liberal media for being bs. The FBI and a political campaign were up to their eyeballs in this. Even for people who love Corona precautions, it was criminal to force grade school children to wear masks.

The environmental bs. For those who love our environmental policy, please explain why we are importing fuel from people with less environmental standards than ours? Why do elite liberals have mansions on the beach?

Attacks on Free Speech Don't have to elaborate. It can't be defended.

For the Progs, congratulations, you took us right where you were predicted to take us.

Blame must also be levied on the backs of all decent Americans as well for failing to fight tooth and nail to preserve their traditional way of life. Hint: casting a vote every couple of years for whatever hedonistic demagogue political candidate is not fighting for one's country.

Blame must also be levied on the backs of all decent Americans as well for failing to fight tooth and nail to preserve their traditional way of life. Hint: casting a vote every couple of years for whatever hedonistic demagogue political candidate is not fighting for one's country.
I look back on it and wonder what I could have done. I voted, it didn't matter. If I didn't vote, we'd be at the same place. Protest? Would activism have helped with no media support?

I thought the political ideology was geared towards making peoples lives better. The progressive movement is damaging at every level, and it appears it was meant to be. The outcome was easily predicted.

And Republicans did nothing to stop the carnage other than give out tax cuts to the billionaires.

And Republicans did nothing to stop the carnage other than give out tax cuts to the billionaires.
If you believe governance should flow from local level, to state level, to national level, then you are in a bind. As soon as you get a candidate who says they believe this, they go to DC and become absorbed in the top down power grab. I can't think of a way to empower citizens at this point. I was naive, and now I wonder if there was ever a time citizens had an actual say in how their lives are run.

Forum List

Back