John Cornyn calls gun bill loss for Joe Biden: 'Look at all the things he asked for – none of that's in there'

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
You mean laws that would stop kids from being gunned down in school?

You’re BRAGGING about that, John?!

we need to WIN for the country!

Biden isn't giving up anything in this gun bill.

I'd be willing to have background checks, if the D's are willing to recognize my concealed carry permit issued by the Sheriff of Mercer County, PA, honored in every liberal jurisdiction. In other words, full faith and credit.

I understand that maybe New York City doesn't want to allow its subjects the right to concealed carry, but they should be forced to honor the rights of those of us from more civilized areas to enter Central Park, the Subways, wherever, able to defend ourselves.

Cronyn is another silver-haired elitist dinosaur politician in every since of the word.

They don't get to stay in DC for that long by worrying about doing what's best for the country.

There are many just like him on both sides of the aisle - McConnell, Pelosi, Schumer, etc...

Sometimes when politicians get enough votes to pass an unpopular bill they allow party members fighting for their seats to vote against the bill. This allows them the ability to present themselves as having bucked the party for what was best for the country but failing while still keeping the support of the voters back home.

Then you have partisan assholes like Cronyn who don't care about coming across as the partisan asses they are.

You mean laws that would stop kids from being gunned down in school?

You’re BRAGGING about that, John?!

we need to WIN for the country!

I think you are mistaken. None of Democrat's "common sense" gun control legislation would have stopped any of our mass shootings. The best you could argue is that if there was a ban on assault weapons that those who used them in shootings would have preferred to stay at home and watch I Love Lucy reruns and not committed the mass shooting. How naive. They would have done it anyway. These people were out to kill and would have used whatever was available.

• Banned
Murphy calls it the most significant piece of anti-gun violence legislation in 30 years

Forum List

Back