Professor refuses to use Trans pronouns.

Now you are asking me to humor your delusions after saying that we shouldn't do that.
Now you're getting it.

No, she's not.

She's resorting to what Orwell defined and described as doublethink.

“To know and not to know, to be conscious of complete truthfulness while telling carefully constructed lies, to hold simultaneously two opinions which cancelled out, knowing them to be contradictory and believing in both of them, to use logic against logic, to repudiate morality while laying claim to it, to believe that democracy was impossible and that the Party was the guardian of democracy, to forget whatever it was necessary to forget, then to draw it back into memory again at the moment when it was needed, and then promptly to forget it again, and above all, to apply the same process to the process itself—that was the ultimate subtlety: consciously to induce unconsciousness, and then, once again, to become unconscious of the act of hypnosis you had just performed. Even to understand the word—doublethink—involved the use of doublethink.”

Ok...so, if I want to call you a girl, because I want to - that's ok right? It doesn't matter what you request.

We already know that you're a lying piece of shit. That's been very obvious to anyone who reads very many of your postings, for a very long time.

It is difficult to grasp what point you think you are making by arguing that it is not only OK to lie, but something that one ought to find obligatory. Sane, decent people just do not think that way, and your argument makes no sense at all to us.

Perhaps your problem is that being yourself a lying piece of shit, you simply cannot understand that other people are otherwise.

View attachment 473698

Calm down Karen.

You go on and on about lying as if it suddenly matters to you, but it only seems to matter in special situations. Ala Carte sins I guess. You self identify as a "sane and decent" person and expect us to respect that and agree (but would that be lying?).

I think I will call you "she" now.
TRUTH ABOVE ALL ELSE......Coyote

I find that if you put Truth first that you can avoid a lot of trouble..or atleast used to be. Now a lot of people want to be lied to--such as guy wanting to be a woman--but why should I lower my morals for some crazy person wants to be something that he is not.

People lie all the time.

People should be free to "lie". People should also be free to tell the truth. Nobody should be compelled to parrot false statements.

Why do you oppose freedom of choice?

They have freedom of choice. Just like I have the freedom to call you "she". However, I suspect if you were my customer and I repeatedly insisted on calling you "she" even after you asked me not to...my boss would either reprimand me or threaten me with firing.
If you are addressing a man as she you would be lying. Your boss might fire you if you cannot tell the truth. If you blatantly lie to a customer what else will you lie about?

But - an employer CAN require certain forms of address

Do you believe an employee could sue their employer and win if they were fired for refusing to refer to their female customers as "whores"? Honestly, I don't know the answer to that preposterous question.

Again, why not be kind and respectful by choice?

Again, lying is not kind nor respectful, and most certainly, trying to compel others to lie is definitely not kind nor respectful. But you, being a hardcore pathological liar will probably never be able to understand this point. Your obsessive clinging to untruth apparently makes you incapable of understanding why others prefer truth.

What is the big deal about respecting a person? What does it have to do with religion?
Respect?

It is not respect to cater to crazy people fantasies...it far from it.

Pretending a guy is a girl and vice versa is unethical.

If you are guy that wants to be girl, I am calling you a guy because you are guy..

Ok...so, if I want to call you a girl, because I want to - that's ok right? It doesn't matter what you request.

It doesn't matter what I request....and I am btw a girl...well old broad atleast so close enough.

You should not pretend a crazy a persons delusions are real----it is unethical and dangerous and very dishonest.

It's not pretending anything - it's just not judging a person and assuming they are a delusional nut because you don't agree.

If they aren't a delusional nut, you're just being an ass.

If they are a delusional nut, you aren't going to change their minds by attacking them. It's not dangerous. Nor is it unethical.

There are a lot of folks out there that it's just hard sometimes to determine what their gender is. What makes you the decider?
It's catering to the delusions-------a guy wanting to be a woman is still a guy. To call him female is dishonest and unethical. Which btw----all of these people are nuts---its not a "body problem"------its that their Brain isn't working quit right---its a mental problem which likely explains the high incidents of drug abuse, suicides, prison sentences, and oh yeah being officially declared nuts.

I think it's a lot more complicated than that and yes...it's a "brain problem" - a female brain in a male body or vice versa. There was a study that used MRI's to image male and female brains, and there were distinct differences in what portions lit up in different activities. In transgender people - their brains showed the same differences, with the gender they identified with. So it's not just a "mental problem"...it really is a problem somehow in the brain's development and wiring, maybe.

Given that, how does it help or how is it beneficial to insist on using the pronouns you want, rather than the ones they want?

But - an employer CAN require certain forms of address

Do you believe an employee could sue their employer and win if they were fired for refusing to refer to their female customers as "whores"? Honestly, I don't know the answer to that preposterous question.

They probably could, though I'd be curious as to what exactly the business was and what customers would come.

There was a study that used MRI's to image male and female brains, and there were distinct differences in what portions lit up in different activities. In transgender people

Interesting. I'd be interested in seeing it if you have a link handy.

Can I call you "she"?

You could, but it would be untrue. The student involved was/is a BIOLOGICAL female. That is a FACT. Telling me that I MUST refer to her as "him" is forcing me to LIE.

Why does lying only seem matter when it comes to issues involving homosexuality/transgender....it's a very selectively applied sin.

People lie all the time. They lie when they say the most boring talk they ever listened to was "good". They lie when their friend makes a horrible birthday cake and they say it was "delicious". They lie when you ask them "does this make my butt look fat" and they say "no". But, they won't lie when a person requests that you refer to them as "he/him" or "she/her".
If someone chooses to tell a lie it is their decision. And some won't lie even then. You want to force others to lie. Take that choice away. You, who I suspect is a firm believer in my body my choice, would rip that choice out of everyone's mouth.

No. I don't believe in compulsion. What I'm saying, again, is - why do you have to make it a huge deal? Why not be kind and respectful by choice? :dunno:
Submit willingly.

You are way too obsessed with submission.

There was a study that used MRI's to image male and female brains, and there were distinct differences in what portions lit up in different activities. In transgender people

Interesting. I'd be interested in seeing it if you have a link handy.

So, why is it that you only care about being “kind and respectful” to mentally- and morally-defective freaks who demand that everyone else play along with their insane and perverted delusions; and not about being kind or respectful to sane, decent peoples who do not want to be forced into untruth and madness?

Coyote

I myself might be willing to refer to a transgender person with their desired pronoun. I disagree with the concept of forcing someone to say something that they believe is UNTRUE.

Again, lying is not kind nor respectful, and most certainly, trying to compel others to lie is definitely not kind nor respectful. But you, being a hardcore pathological liar will probably never be able to understand this point. Your obsessive clinging to untruth apparently makes you incapable of understanding why others prefer truth.

And yet, you lie.

Forum List

Back