Homeschooling surges as parents realize how worthless public schools are

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

The union operatives who sit in public school classrooms (or used to, anyways) call themselves "educators", not teachers. They don't teach anything. You're a product of that system.
Yes, we are talking about certified, qualified professionals vs any idiot who can teach the Bible

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

The union operatives who sit in public school classrooms (or used to, anyways) call themselves "educators", not teachers. They don't teach anything. You're a product of that system.
Yes, we are talking about certified, qualified professionals vs any idiot who can teach the Bible
and there you have it. A typical trolling response. Just looking for "anger" from those you disagree with.

Makes you special.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

yes, you can.

1617037766472.png

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

You're so backwards, clueless, and bigoted it's embarrassing. I'm literally embarrassed for you. Go brush your tooth, Cletus.

Nothing many of us didn't already know.

"I think the future for homeschooling is really bright," he said. "All the grownups have learned during the pandemic that work is something that you do, not somewhere that you go." And that has led many of them to rethink traditional schooling models as well.

Parents in the U.S. are continuing to show elevated interest in homeschooling, signaling a potential surge as the future of institutional in-person schooling throughout the country remains unclear in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

Beginning just over a year ago, schools throughout the country began to close down for fears that schoolchildren might contribute to the spread of COVID-19. Most school districts switched to "virtual" learning models in which students studied lessons via Zoom-based instruction, with many of them required to sit in front of computer screens for long hours every day.

Interest in homeschooling shot up late last year, particularly as teachers nationwide were refusing to return to classrooms and in-person education in the winter and spring of 2021 appeared less likely.

Some schools across the country have since opened up for in-person instruction, yet homeschooling leaders across the country are reporting still-elevated homeschool activity from parents who in normal years would likely not have considered it.

Johannes Ziegler, the founder and CEO of the home instruction company Miacademy, said he "absolutely" expects interest in homeschooling to remain elevated above its earlier levels.
Sure, as parents everywhere clamber for schools to open because their worried that their at home kids fall behind the learning curve under their care.

Look at me!
I is a TEECHER!

I can Home Skool!

One can tell from his spelling and grammar

What are the qualifications for a Home Skool Teecher?

It depends on the state, just like public schools. In your backwards, redneck of the woods, I wouldn't know. In the world where we eat with utensils and don't fuck our sisters, homeschooling parents are held to high standards. Clearly, you need some more education on it, Cletus. In the meantime, go fuck your redneck self.

Millions of other parents protested to get in-person instruction renewed because they realize that, for most students and parents,, homeschooling sucks!
Actually, homeschooling is only for those qualified to home schooling their children. Not all people are. Some did not complete high school, some have commitments that keep them out of the home for hours a day. Some work nights and can not be there during the day. But home schooling is not the same as remote schooling. Those teachers claim "it all about the children and we must follow the science". They claim "give us vaccines because we are essential" and we do. Then they claim "the science says we can go back, the vaccine is in my system, but lets not follow the science and it is a Trump vaccine so who the hell knows if it works....so they refuse to go back to in person teaching.
But they care about the children. Its ail about the children.
Fuck you teachers. You are arrogant selfish people that work a total of 175 days a year and now you want even less.
Dont give me this shit about home schooling. Its about lazy ass people who have their "fucking rights"

Forum List

Back