Professor refuses to use Trans pronouns.

Can I call you "she"?

You could, but it would be untrue. The student involved was/is a BIOLOGICAL female. That is a FACT. Telling me that I MUST refer to her as "him" is forcing me to LIE.

Why does lying only seem matter when it comes to issues involving homosexuality/transgender....it's a very selectively applied sin.

People lie all the time. They lie when they say the most boring talk they ever listened to was "good". They lie when their friend makes a horrible birthday cake and they say it was "delicious". They lie when you ask them "does this make my butt look fat" and they say "no". But, they won't lie when a person requests that you refer to them as "he/him" or "she/her".
If someone chooses to tell a lie it is their decision. And some won't lie even then. You want to force others to lie. Take that choice away. You, who I suspect is a firm believer in my body my choice, would rip that choice out of everyone's mouth.

No. I don't believe in compulsion. What I'm saying, again, is - why do you have to make it a huge deal? Why not be kind and respectful by choice? :dunno:
Submit willingly.

You are way too obsessed with submission.
Nope. That's exactly what it's about.

So you
And yet, you lie.

I cannot honestly claim that I am always 100% honest, that I never lie. But I rarely do.

At least I am not a pathological liar, as you are, who not only is incapable of ever telling the truth, but who is obsessed with forcing others to lie and to play along with lies.

You certainly are in no position to cast any judgement on my level of honesty. You're nowhere close to any such position.

Your "rarely" isn't so rare. You just keep at it calling others liars while hammering at the importance of honesty.

Glass houses and all.
Really?

So someone may occasionally lie. The 'White' lie to save someone's feelings.

Do you equate that as an opening to force someone to lie to fit the agenda of another as acceptable?

Who said anything about force? Nowhere have I stated that.

Isn't choosing to use a person's preferred pronoun, even if you don't agree, a perfect example of the 'White' lie to save someone's feelings?
The Professor is being "Forced". How long until we are all 'Forced'?

No, it is not. I use a 'White' lie to save the feelings of someone I care about. A stranger, demanding that I use language that isn't correct, is not someone I would ever care about.

I believe that some of us had the impression that you supported firing the educator for declining to use the "he/him/his" pronouns.

No, it is not. I use a 'White' lie to save the feelings of someone I care about. A stranger, demanding that I use language that isn't correct, is not someone I would ever care about.

Most of us are considerate enough and remember the adage that, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. The problem is when others want to police our speech and/or compel us to become parrots.

Most of us are considerate enough and remember the adage that, if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. The problem is when others want to police our speech and/or compel us to become parrots.
Agreed.

Can I call you "she"?

You could, but it would be untrue. The student involved was/is a BIOLOGICAL female. That is a FACT. Telling me that I MUST refer to her as "him" is forcing me to LIE.

Why does lying only seem matter when it comes to issues involving homosexuality/transgender....it's a very selectively applied sin.

People lie all the time. They lie when they say the most boring talk they ever listened to was "good". They lie when their friend makes a horrible birthday cake and they say it was "delicious". They lie when you ask them "does this make my butt look fat" and they say "no". But, they won't lie when a person requests that you refer to them as "he/him" or "she/her".
If someone chooses to tell a lie it is their decision. And some won't lie even then. You want to force others to lie. Take that choice away. You, who I suspect is a firm believer in my body my choice, would rip that choice out of everyone's mouth.

No. I don't believe in compulsion. What I'm saying, again, is - why do you have to make it a huge deal? Why not be kind and respectful by choice? :dunno:
Submit willingly.

You are way too obsessed with submission.
Nope. That's exactly what it's about.

So you
And yet, you lie.

I cannot honestly claim that I am always 100% honest, that I never lie. But I rarely do.

At least I am not a pathological liar, as you are, who not only is incapable of ever telling the truth, but who is obsessed with forcing others to lie and to play along with lies.

You certainly are in no position to cast any judgement on my level of honesty. You're nowhere close to any such position.

Your "rarely" isn't so rare. You just keep at it calling others liars while hammering at the importance of honesty.

Glass houses and all.
Really?

So someone may occasionally lie. The 'White' lie to save someone's feelings.

Do you equate that as an opening to force someone to lie to fit the agenda of another as acceptable?

Isn't choosing to use a person's preferred pronoun, even if you don't agree, a perfect example of the 'White' lie to save someone's feelings?
Nope. It's submission to the LGBTQ insanity.

If they are going to try and force Me to their will;

I will not respect them or treat them with kindness.

I agree. I would simply refer to them by their name and avoid the whole pronoun thing. That's what the educator in this story did but that wasn't satisfactory to the student.
Yes, and that's why this is about forced submission.

What is the big deal about respecting a person? What does it have to do with religion?
You expect people to suddenly change instinctive habitual speech patterns for a few mentally ill people. You're off your rocker.

This doesn't seem to be about changing "instinctive" speech patterns but about refusing to honor a request.
Do we all have to become mentally ill because a few of us are?....accepting ones illness is as good as contributing to it...this is just one evil aspect of WOKENESS...I can name more....

Do we all have to become mentally ill because a few of us are?

Yes. From now on, I demand that you refer to me as "Cheetah Boy"! Whenever you see me coming, you must tell others "Here comes Cheetah Boy"! If you don't, you're a hateful bigot. You MUST utter the words!
I think I'd rather be labeled a hateful bigot than to refer to you as Cheetah Boy.....wait I get a pass...I've already been called a bigot here about 500 times...

What is the big deal about respecting a person? What does it have to do with religion?
Respect?

It is not respect to cater to crazy people fantasies...it far from it.

Pretending a guy is a girl and vice versa is unethical.

If you are guy that wants to be girl, I am calling you a guy because you are guy..

Ok...so, if I want to call you a girl, because I want to - that's ok right? It doesn't matter what you request.

It doesn't matter what I request....and I am btw a girl...well old broad atleast so close enough.

You should not pretend a crazy a persons delusions are real----it is unethical and dangerous and very dishonest.

It's not pretending anything - it's just not judging a person and assuming they are a delusional nut because you don't agree.

If they aren't a delusional nut, you're just being an ass.

If they are a delusional nut, you aren't going to change their minds by attacking them. It's not dangerous. Nor is it unethical.

There are a lot of folks out there that it's just hard sometimes to determine what their gender is. What makes you the decider?
They are off their rockers and dishonest with themselves and everyone else apparently.

You are either female or male...and putting on or taking off a dress does not change this fact.

I call things as I they are ---------not what someone wants to be.

Yes I am honest to the point of being blunt and an ass, but I am honest. I care about the truth, not some idiots feelings or more likely POWER TRIP trying to force others into playing along with their fantasies or delusions.

And to the point of another poster---I am an atheist--its not a religious thing to want TRUTH and honesty. I am not calling a dude in a dress a girl or they again because he isn't either. And sorry---but you are delusional if you don't realize that this group has mental problems galore.

He was not showiing disrespect to anyone. People should never be mandated or obligated by law or regulation to respect someone else's delusion or demands. If I buy a royal title I cannot force you to use it ( yes they can be purchased ). If I identify as a 16 year old phillipino girl no one shoiuld be forced to play along.

Same with trannies.

You expect people to suddenly change instinctive habitual speech patterns for a few mentally ill people. You're off your rocker.

This doesn't seem to be about changing "instinctive" speech patterns but about refusing to honor a request.
A requaest does not establish an obligation any request may be rejected by choice or whim

What I always find amazing in all of this is the way so many utter morons have absolutely no memory of their own beliefs.

The same authoritarians who would have thought this was all completely insane 20 years ago are now leading the cancel culture charge demanding there are now 50 something different genders and so we must all kowtow to them.

You know, I have long felt like I'm a child trapped in an an adult's body.

Just imagine how good I'll be when the wokesters allow me to play Pop Warner!

Respect?

It is not respect to cater to crazy people fantasies...it far from it.

Pretending a guy is a girl and vice versa is unethical.

If you are guy that wants to be girl, I am calling you a guy because you are guy..

Ok...so, if I want to call you a girl, because I want to - that's ok right? It doesn't matter what you request.

It doesn't matter what I request....and I am btw a girl...well old broad atleast so close enough.

You should not pretend a crazy a persons delusions are real----it is unethical and dangerous and very dishonest.

It's not pretending anything - it's just not judging a person and assuming they are a delusional nut because you don't agree.

If they aren't a delusional nut, you're just being an ass.

If they are a delusional nut, you aren't going to change their minds by attacking them. It's not dangerous. Nor is it unethical.

There are a lot of folks out there that it's just hard sometimes to determine what their gender is. What makes you the decider?
They are off their rockers and dishonest with themselves and everyone else apparently.

You are either female or male...and putting on or taking off a dress does not change this fact.

I call things as I they are ---------not what someone wants to be.

Yes I am honest to the point of being blunt and an ass, but I am honest. I care about the truth, not some idiots feelings or more likely POWER TRIP trying to force others into playing along with their fantasies or delusions.

And to the point of another poster---I am an atheist--its not a religious thing to want TRUTH and honesty. I am not calling a dude in a dress a girl or they again because he isn't either. And sorry---but you are delusional if you don't realize that this group has mental problems galore.

Biological differences defining males and females extend beyond a set of chromosomes. That's not "delusional"...it's science. If studies showing differences between the brains of biological males and biological females are accurate, and transgender people show those same differences...then what exactly does that mean for what we consider male and female and how we should treat them?

Forum List

Back