Professor refuses to use Trans pronouns.

Can I call you "she"?

You could, but it would be untrue. The student involved was/is a BIOLOGICAL female. That is a FACT. Telling me that I MUST refer to her as "him" is forcing me to LIE.

Why does lying only seem matter when it comes to issues involving homosexuality/transgender....it's a very selectively applied sin.

People lie all the time. They lie when they say the most boring talk they ever listened to was "good". They lie when their friend makes a horrible birthday cake and they say it was "delicious". They lie when you ask them "does this make my butt look fat" and they say "no". But, they won't lie when a person requests that you refer to them as "he/him" or "she/her".
If someone chooses to tell a lie it is their decision. And some won't lie even then. You want to force others to lie. Take that choice away. You, who I suspect is a firm believer in my body my choice, would rip that choice out of everyone's mouth.

No. I don't believe in compulsion. What I'm saying, again, is - why do you have to make it a huge deal? Why not be kind and respectful by choice? :dunno:
Submit willingly.

You are way too obsessed with submission.
Nope. That's exactly what it's about.

So you
And yet, you lie.

I cannot honestly claim that I am always 100% honest, that I never lie. But I rarely do.

At least I am not a pathological liar, as you are, who not only is incapable of ever telling the truth, but who is obsessed with forcing others to lie and to play along with lies.

You certainly are in no position to cast any judgement on my level of honesty. You're nowhere close to any such position.

Your "rarely" isn't so rare. You just keep at it calling others liars while hammering at the importance of honesty.

Glass houses and all.
Really?

So someone may occasionally lie. The 'White' lie to save someone's feelings.

Do you equate that as an opening to force someone to lie to fit the agenda of another as acceptable?

Who said anything about force? Nowhere have I stated that.

Isn't choosing to use a person's preferred pronoun, even if you don't agree, a perfect example of the 'White' lie to save someone's feelings?
The Professor is being "Forced". How long until we are all 'Forced'?

No, it is not. I use a 'White' lie to save the feelings of someone I care about. A stranger, demanding that I use language that isn't correct, is not someone I would ever care about.

Demanding or requesting? Why should someone you don't know deserve the same consideration as someone you do know? (if someone rudely demanded, I'd balk, but someone politely requested, I have no problem with it)

Can I call you "she"?

You could, but it would be untrue. The student involved was/is a BIOLOGICAL female. That is a FACT. Telling me that I MUST refer to her as "him" is forcing me to LIE.

Why does lying only seem matter when it comes to issues involving homosexuality/transgender....it's a very selectively applied sin.

People lie all the time. They lie when they say the most boring talk they ever listened to was "good". They lie when their friend makes a horrible birthday cake and they say it was "delicious". They lie when you ask them "does this make my butt look fat" and they say "no". But, they won't lie when a person requests that you refer to them as "he/him" or "she/her".
If someone chooses to tell a lie it is their decision. And some won't lie even then. You want to force others to lie. Take that choice away. You, who I suspect is a firm believer in my body my choice, would rip that choice out of everyone's mouth.

No. I don't believe in compulsion. What I'm saying, again, is - why do you have to make it a huge deal? Why not be kind and respectful by choice? :dunno:
Submit willingly.

So you
And yet, you lie.

I cannot honestly claim that I am always 100% honest, that I never lie. But I rarely do.

At least I am not a pathological liar, as you are, who not only is incapable of ever telling the truth, but who is obsessed with forcing others to lie and to play along with lies.

You certainly are in no position to cast any judgement on my level of honesty. You're nowhere close to any such position.

Your "rarely" isn't so rare. You just keep at it calling others liars while hammering at the importance of honesty.

Glass houses and all.
Really?

Do you equate that as an opening to force someone to lie to fit the agenda of another as acceptable?

Isn't choosing to use a person's preferred pronoun, even if you don't agree, a perfect example of the 'White' lie to save someone's feelings?

No, it is not. I use a 'White' lie to save the feelings of someone I care about. A stranger, demanding that I use language that isn't correct, is not someone I would ever care about.

Demanding or requesting? Why should someone you don't know deserve the same consideration as someone you do know? (if someone rudely demanded, I'd balk, but someone politely requested, I have no problem with it)
The professor is being sued for not carrying out the demand. If it was a request, there would be no lawsuit.

Demanding or requesting?

It doesn't matter whether mentally fucked-up freaks are “demanding” or “requesting” that sane people accept and play along with their insane delusions. The answer is NO!

These degenerates need to keep their sick perversions to themselves. Sane people want no part in it; and fucked-up freaks have no right to expect us to take part in it.

Can I call you "she"?

Submit willingly.

So you
And yet, you lie.

Glass houses and all.
Really?

Because the people in My life I am close to are given far more consideration from Me than a stranger. That is called 'life' and it is this way for all mature people.

A person who asks Me to use a pronoun politely will get consideration. I will either do so or politely decline.

When I politely decline, that is the end of it. That person does NOT then get to go to some pseudo-authority and demand I be punished for not doing so.

The professor is being asked to answer for his conduct. That makes this a Demand and the student has no right to demand anything from another individual.

Last edited:
What is the big deal about respecting a person?
This has nothing to do with respect. It's about submission.

So...let me get this straight...if I call you "he" I'm submitting?
This is the part where you play dumb, huh. How about when the mentally ill creature demands you him or her "they". Well?

This is the part where you apply different standards.

If someone calls you "she" and you politely ask that they call you "he" - is one of you mentally ill?
Yes. The person who is not biologically correct.

Can I call you "she"?

Submit willingly.

So you
And yet, you lie.

Glass houses and all.
Really?

The professor is being sued for not carrying out the demand. If it was a request, there would be no lawsuit.
Exactly.

When dishonest individuals use dishonest words to manipulate perception, that does not change the reality of a situation.

Can I call you "she"?

Submit willingly.

So you
And yet, you lie.

Glass houses and all.
Really?

Because the people in My life I am close to are given far more consideration from Me than a stranger. That is called 'life' and it is this way for all mature people.
True. On the other hand, mature people treat strangers with respect and courtesy unless given cause otherwise. That is called 'maturity'.

A person who asks Me to use a pronoun politely will get consideration. I will either do so or politely decline.

Of course.

When I politely decline, that is the end of it. That person does NOT then get to go to some pseudo-authority and demand I be punished for not doing so.

Of course not.

But why would you decline?

The professor is being asked to answer for his conduct. That makes this a Demand and the student has no right to demand anything from another individual.

In this case I agree the professor should not be called on the carpet, but disagree with your claim the student has no right to demand anything of him. The student is a customer paying for a service.

True. On the other hand, mature people treat strangers with respect and courtesy unless given cause otherwise. That is called 'maturity'.

What would you know about it? You're a mentally fucked-up pathological liar who believes that “respect and courtesy” means lying and playing along with lies and delusions.

You don't know shit about maturity.

What is the big deal about respecting a person? What does it have to do with religion?
You expect people to suddenly change instinctive habitual speech patterns for a few mentally ill people. You're off your rocker.

This doesn't seem to be about changing "instinctive" speech patterns but about refusing to honor a request.

It seems to us to be about making unreasonable demands - because when it's backed with the threat of retribution, it's a demand, not a request - and then playing at bewilderment as to why anyone might not be thrilled to comply.

What is the big deal about respecting a person? What does it have to do with religion?
You expect people to suddenly change instinctive habitual speech patterns for a few mentally ill people. You're off your rocker.

This doesn't seem to be about changing "instinctive" speech patterns but about refusing to honor a request.
A request that is against language rules.

What specific language rule suddenly needs to be adhered to...when you've already scrapped a ton of them?

Is it for you to decide what rules do and don't apply to HIS language?

Respect?

It is not respect to cater to crazy people fantasies...it far from it.

Pretending a guy is a girl and vice versa is unethical.

If you are guy that wants to be girl, I am calling you a guy because you are guy..

Ok...so, if I want to call you a girl, because I want to - that's ok right? It doesn't matter what you request.

Do you actually believe he's a girl? Because, no matter how you try to pretend otherwise, this isn't about "because we want to"; it's about what we actually believe to be true.

In other words, if I'm a student and I demand to be referred to as a cheetah, everyone else must be compelled to refer to me as a cheetah, right?

Does it hurt you to call someone a cheetah if he requests it? It's whacky, but no skin of your back, or mine, I would think.

Is it up to you to determine "Well, you should lie because I've decide that it doesn't hurt you, and I've decided that's all that matters"?

You spend a lot of time asserting that your personal perspective on things is THE ONLY perspective. It's very hard to have a conversation when one side not only refuses to hear and consider the other point of view, but refuses to even acknowledge that it exists.

What you're saying is that a person MUST parrot something that they KNOW to be untrue in order to appease someone else.

No. That is what you are saying.

You call it "appease"...I call it "respect".

Can I call you "she"?

But since HE'S the one being required to do it against his choice, it's what HE calls it that matters.

Once again, you're asserting that YOUR personal perspective is the one and only objective reality.

Respect?

It is not respect to cater to crazy people fantasies...it far from it.

Pretending a guy is a girl and vice versa is unethical.

If you are guy that wants to be girl, I am calling you a guy because you are guy..

Ok...so, if I want to call you a girl, because I want to - that's ok right? It doesn't matter what you request.

It doesn't matter what I request....and I am btw a girl...well old broad atleast so close enough.

You should not pretend a crazy a persons delusions are real----it is unethical and dangerous and very dishonest.

It's not pretending anything - it's just not judging a person and assuming they are a delusional nut because you don't agree.

If they aren't a delusional nut, you're just being an ass.

If they are a delusional nut, you aren't going to change their minds by attacking them. It's not dangerous. Nor is it unethical.

There are a lot of folks out there that it's just hard sometimes to determine what their gender is. What makes you the decider?
It's catering to the delusions-------a guy wanting to be a woman is still a guy. To call him female is dishonest and unethical. Which btw----all of these people are nuts---its not a "body problem"------its that their Brain isn't working quit right---its a mental problem which likely explains the high incidents of drug abuse, suicides, prison sentences, and oh yeah being officially declared nuts.

I think it's a lot more complicated than that and yes...it's a "brain problem" - a female brain in a male body or vice versa. There was a study that used MRI's to image male and female brains, and there were distinct differences in what portions lit up in different activities. In transgender people - their brains showed the same differences, with the gender they identified with. So it's not just a "mental problem"...it really is a problem somehow in the brain's development and wiring, maybe.

Given that, how does it help or how is it beneficial to insist on using the pronouns you want, rather than the ones they want?
Personal integrity.

So it helps you, but not the other person.

And their insistence that we all play pretend with them or else helps THEM, but not us.

Says the piece of shit who is demanding that sane people submit to madness and lies. Who is it that is obsessed, here?

No one has to submit to anything.

It's your personal choice - do you choose to treat a person with kindness and respect...or not?

Yeah, okay.

I'll definitely get right on caring whether or not people who say, "Agree with me or suffer the consequences" think I'm kind and respectful.

Forum List

Back