Prof fired for showing picture of Muhammad

You're just ignorant about Muslims.
I know much more than you do about Muslims. Don't call somebody ignorant when you have no real knowledge of their religion. You really should engage your brain before posting here.

Sunni Muslims do not agree they do not ascribe to that belief. Art of the prophet is actually shown and made go figure you and the Muslims lied. Half of the Muslim world is not offended by art,
Incorrect
You will not find pictures or statues inside of a Mosque.
Also, muslim people do not display pictures of people or other living creatures inside their homes.

Even the Bible says in Exodus 20:4-5 "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"
Basically talking about making people and animals as objects to be worshiped.
But the Christians ignore that verse and have pictures and statues of Jesus and other biblical personages displayed inside their churches.
All true and irrelevant.

No one has the right to impose such rules on others. everyone has the right to ignore those rules and create/display whatever images they like.

You're saying you don't believe there are other examples of 14th Century artwork that could be substituted that would not be obviously and totally offensive to Muslims? Since apparently every other Religious Art professor manages to do it...and the college sided with the student...I'll say that is BS.
Muslims should be offended as should christians and pagans and atheists and everyone else.

if you are not being offended by what you are learning in college you are doing it wrong.

That was centuries ago.
Since then art depicting the likeness of Muhammad is considered blasphemous.

I know. When I first went to Arabia they didn't much like any photographs either but that was nearly 80 years ago. Last time I went I had a camera crew.

People go into Catholic churches and kneel and pray to statues of Jesus and Mary.

Nope. It's not idol worship. I'm told when Muhammad threw all the icons out of the Kaaba in Mecca, he left the one of the virgin Mary.

Forum List

Back