Prof fired for showing picture of Muhammad

Incorrect
You will not find pictures or statues inside of a Mosque.
Also, muslim people do not display pictures of people or other living creatures inside their homes.

It's like those who believe in the so-called "rules" about not wearing white pumps before Memorial Day. It's just a bunch of silly crap people do because others are doing the same silly crap.

The same should go in regards to displaying the image of a known thief, murderer, rapist and child molester. If people get bent out of shape when they see an image of a life-long criminal, that is THEIR problem.

Incorrect
Muslims can paint and display pictures of inanimate objects like lakes, houses, mountains, bridges, etc.
Just not people and other living creatures.
Wrong.

Art includes all of those and many other things especially other humans. You do not get to tailor what you learn to your specific restrictions.
Deal with being offended by challenges to your beliefs or stay out of school

Yes, it's a prohibition followed by the vast majority muslims.
I've attend services in many mosques and have never seen a picture displayed.

I have seen photos displayed in public buildings and family homes in Arabia. I also remember how irate Muslims were over the Piss Christ art exhibit. Seems to me Muslims have pretty good judgement.

Yes, it's a prohibition followed by the vast majority muslims.
I've attend services in many mosques and have never seen a picture displayed.
Which is fine for their homes and mosques.

But like everyone else when you leave the home or mosque they have to adapt to a world which does not respect or care about their beliefs. This ESPECIALLY includes universities.

Most mosques display beautiful geometric tile patterns inside and outside.
8ebe2e7bcce0eafb9a75d296d5d5170c29e15ce6.jpg

Forum List

Back