Presidential Debates: Should Trump and Biden both be fact-checked during real-time?

Should Trump and Biden both be fact-checked during real-time?

• Total voters
No, Trump's head would explode, and he'll just deny it anyway.
Republicans WANT to believe his BS, so let them.

Hell yes! But I doubt that Trump would go for it...and his supporters would just howl! Besides, everyone knows Trump lies...and no-one cares anymore, they expect it..even his supporters.

there are some dangers there for Joe as well...he is getting a bit spotty...

Hell yes! But I doubt that Trump would go for it...and his supporters would just howl! Besides, everyone knows Trump lies...and no-one cares anymore, they expect it..even his supporters.

there are some dangers there for Joe as well...he is getting a bit spotty...

He has been spotty from day one. Hell, he is already that old man whose house the neighborhood kids can't walk by because he makes them play with his leg hair and eat ice cream.

I think fact-checking them both during real-time is fair. It gives the public the opportunity to see who is being more truthful.

Depends who is doing it. Not like that already is t happening. And is it fa t checking, or trying too help Biden along? I mean, at some point Sleepy Jose has to prove he can do it.

Real-time means while they are debating - and the fact-check is immediately reported.

I think fact-checking them both during real-time is fair. It gives the public the opportunity to see who is being more truthful.

Depends who is doing it. Not like that already is t happening. And is it fa t checking, or trying too help Biden along? I mean, at some point Sleepy Jose has to prove he can do it.

Real-time means while they are debating - and the fact-check is immediately reported.

Yes but who will be doing the fact checking? A news agency? If so which one because all of them have been caught lying a few times over the past 4 years. So who would fact check them? Political hacks from an alphebet news network? We know that won't fly with either side so who can fact check them and be believed ? Not being a dick it's a serious question.

Yes but who will be doing the fact checking? A news agency? If so which one because all of them have been caught lying a few times over the past 4 years. So who would fact check them? Political hacks from an alphebet news network? We know that won't fly with either side so who can fact check them and be believed ? Not being a dick it's a serious question.

Putting your trolling bullshit aside - assume it would be reputable fact-checkers. There are many reputable fact-checkers.

Fact checked by whom? And who is going to fact check the fact checkers in real time. And who is going to fact check them?
I guess they'd need an "alternate fact" checker to make the Trumpistas happy.

Fact checked by whom? And who is going to fact check the fact checkers in real time. And who is going to fact check them?
I guess they'd need an "alternate fact" checker to make the Trumpistas happy.

They would probably want Trump to fact-check himself.

Putting your trolling bullshit aside - assume it would be reputable fact-checkers. There are many reputable fact-checkers.

The question ain't trolling bullshit. Do you really think either side would agree to it when they already "fact check" in real time? No one believes the media anymore. So anyone from a news outlet is an automatic no go. No trolling, just my opinion.

This is what I mean. I'll ask you, who would you consider credible enough to do the fact checking? Who hasn't chosen a side?

Ah yes the liberal lazy fucks who cant fact check for themselves, but must have someone else do it for them.. Go figure...

The voting people should fact check the candidates.

Yes, but only those with enough brain cells can do that.

Well, considering that since we now have search engines and high speed internet (even on phones), fact checking is something that would be easy to do during the debates. And, I also think that it should be done, with large screens in back of the candidates to show what the fact checkers are looking at.

In the past, we didn't have the capability to do real time fact checking during the debates, but now we do. Why not take advantage of it?

Well, considering that since we now have search engines and high speed internet (even on phones), fact checking is something that would be easy to do during the debates. And, I also think that it should be done, with large screens in back of the candidates to show what the fact checkers are looking at.

In the past, we didn't have the capability to do real time fact checking during the debates, but now we do. Why not take advantage of it?

Great response! Thank you!

Forum List

Back