President to use recess appointment for CFPB :-)

How could the House pass a bill during a pro forma session

You're being disingenuous at best. For the House to pass the holiday tax bill, there would have had to be a minimum of 218 House members present. That happened before Christmas. Two weeks later, how many members of the House are actually even in Washington DC to show up for a pro forma session? Two or three, maybe?

We're talking about the Senate, genius. They passed the payroll tax holiday on January 3rd.

His post didn't specify to which chamber he was referring. Considering that the HofR was the holdout on approving the measure, I think my assumption that he was referring to the House is quite understandable.

Additionally, genius, the Senate vote was essentially a conference committee and not the full Senate.

-- Pursuant to the order of 12/23/2011, Senate appointed conferees. Baucus; Reed; Cardin; Casey; Kyl; Crapo; Barrasso.
-- Message on Senate action sent to the House.

Advise and Consent is about the Senate, not the House. The Senate was not in Recess during the Recess Appointments.

How could the House pass a bill during a pro forma session

You're being disingenuous at best. For the House to pass the holiday tax bill, there would have had to be a minimum of 218 House members present. That happened before Christmas. Two weeks later, how many members of the House are actually even in Washington DC to show up for a pro forma session? Two or three, maybe?

We're talking about the Senate, genius. They passed the payroll tax holiday on January 3rd.

His post didn't specify to which chamber he was referring. Considering that the HofR was the holdout on approving the measure, I think my assumption that he was referring to the House is quite understandable.

Additionally, genius, the Senate vote was essentially a conference committee and not the full Senate.

-- Pursuant to the order of 12/23/2011, Senate appointed conferees. Baucus; Reed; Cardin; Casey; Kyl; Crapo; Barrasso.
-- Message on Senate action sent to the House.

excuse me, who is being disingenuous? wtfh have we been talking about? the house doesn't have advice and consent powers ....

oh wait, it was a essentially a conf. committee? ....yes disingenuous.......you got that right. talk about pugnacity.

Last edited:
The Senate indeed was in recess, and all the hissy from the far right and libertarians mean nothing.

The Senate indeed was in recess, and all the hissy from the far right and libertarians mean nothing.

Except that you are a liar.

The Senate itself said it was NOT in recess.

So your hissy-fit is revealed for what it is. A lie.

And the reason for you lying is already known. You are a liar and a liberal Democratic.

Ergo, as always, what you say means nothing.

Liability lies.

No. I told the truth. And anyone who can read the record knows it.

Fakey is the proved liar.

Hell, you still try to paw off the fable that YOU are a Republican.

:lmao:
There's NO WAY Jokey Fakey is a Repubican or even a Repubican (Word coined by Mark levin).

Jokey is a fraud. (And probably paid to be here).

I am paid in the knowledge that as a responsible, mainstream Republican that I will always unmask the loony far right and the irresponsible libertarians on the Board here.

Lump it, gang.

I am paid in the knowledge that as a responsible, mainstream Republican that I will always unmask the loony far right and the irresponsible libertarians on the Board here.

Lump it, gang.

Too bad there aren't more of you NON- KOOL AID DRINKING Repubs around :(

Lump it, gang.

There are plenty, and just as you, insist on trillion dollar deficits until collapse.

Lump it, gang.
George Soros is going to sue you for malpractice. :lol:

Oh, and funny how you don't mention exposing the loony far left.

You reveal yourself once more, Fakey. :rofl:

The Democrat controlled Senate is against Obama?

Why do you keep saying that. You know the "filibuster party" rules. Can't you ever be honest? Ever?

Poor derp. When faced with the irrefutable fact that his little tin god is an imperfect being...

...he goes insane.

divorcecardcopynn5.jpg

Lump it, gang.

I believe that Jake is a Republican, like McCain & Lindsey Graham. The Republican Party has Statist Progressives, too, We need to face the facts. They want to discredit and shut us up, as much as the DNC. Seem to be more worried about image and form, than the letter of Law, Truth, Witness. For some, the Bus will always be more important than the people on it. Squeak too loud and be prepared to be evicted and thrown under it. It's like an argument between Coke and Pepsi, for Statist Progressives, in either Party. The Fight is over who controls, not correcting Injustices. Want proof? Let's do another Study, and not act on it. :lol:

Lump it, gang.

He is Maverick. :lol:

What is it you do when Your Party Members Vote with the Republicans? What is it you do to them?

Forum List

Back