US (dems) Aim to Announce Big Grants for Chip Plants by End of March

Awwww, butthurt over facts.

Choke on this one DaShawnte, Wafer Fabs never move to Camden, CHI, CLEVE, ST, Memphis, NO, ATL, cities like that (get it) as they need brainy workers and those that show up on time and won’t steal or lawsuit the place out of business.

like I told the strolling…..bring game up in here. Not just shooing possum off the porch with a broom. Try silence and learning something so as not to appear so ignorant.

Choke on this one DaShawnte, Wafer Fabs never move to Camden, CHI, CLEVE, ST, Memphis, NO, ATL, cities like that (get it) as they need brainy workers and those that show up on time and won’t steal or lawsuit the place out of business.

like I told the strolling…..bring game up in here. Not just shooing possum off the porch with a broom. Try silence and learning something so as not to appear so ignorant.
^^^^Bad spelling

Which is why the Chips and Science law was good for America.

Biden has promised to defend Tiawan, has the cheeto messiah?

Biden couldn't even defend his own daughter from being sexually molested in the shower, and you expect me to believe he's going to "defend" Taiwan?

You're fucking nutso.

They've been ahead of the rest of the world in the semiconductor manufacturing industry since the 1980's. It's not like Biden's going to flip a switch and change over to the country relying on domestic production overnight. He's full of hot air and lofty ideas, but doesn't have a clue how to produce real results.
You have to start somewhere
Why did so many Republicans vote against it?

You have to start somewhere
Why did so many Republicans vote against it?

I would have to guess they voted against it because it was a failure from the start, and knew that the CHIPS Act was going to need major bailouts.. Biden was probably smoking some of Hunter's crack when he came up with that half-baked idea.

"Taiwanese microchip manufacturer TSMC blames struggle to build Phoenix plant on skilled labor shortage but workers cite disorganization and safety concerns"

âThey would not listen to usâ: inside Arizonaâs troubled chip plant

I would have to guess they voted against it because it was a failure from the start, and knew that the CHIPS Act was going to need major bailouts.. Biden was probably smoking some of Hunter's crack when he came up with that half-baked idea.

"Taiwanese microchip manufacturer TSMC blames struggle to build Phoenix plant on skilled labor shortage but workers cite disorganization and safety concerns"

âThey would not listen to usâ: inside Arizonaâs troubled chip plant

CHIPS Act is a major success

Why do Republicans oppose American jobs?

Oh really? How many chips have they manufactured so far?

Look folks! Free money! :spinner:

How do I get CHIPS Act Funding?
I'll go out on a limb here and say "Not even a prototype".

Maybe I set up shop with a kettle and some beach sand out in the back...get me some of that CHIPS Act

Uncle Sugar money then declare bankruptcy.

Last edited:
I'll go out on a limb here and say "Not even a prototype".

Maybe I set up shop with a kettle and some beach sand out in the back...get me some of that CHIPS act

Uncle Sugar money then declare bankruptcy.

It looks like some enterprising Yutes have already beaten you to it. :laughing0301:

1706433684760.jpeg

This issue should not be treated the same as the EV issue or the climate issue. It should definitely not be treated as a political football, as most commenters above do.

The actual new building of chip foundries in the U.S., encouraged by the Chips Act, is discussed below and compared with the worldwide drive for increased “national-security related” manufacturing & re-shoring. It should not be forgotten that the U.S. is also using Western sanctions against China to handicap and slow down China’s development of advanced chips. (In other areas, it should be pointed out, the U.S. is already going through a period of immensely increasing factory construction.)

9 Key Statistics on New Semiconductor Fabs Being Built Around the World - Z2Data.

The building of microchip foundries in the U.S. of course is only one part of the immense challenges the Biden Administration has correctly taken on here. Upstream and downstream logistics, resources, and research & high quality testing & “packaging” must also be established, developed at scale and in new ways … in many areas where almost nothing of the sort exists and in the face of foreign competition. Of course friendly nation mutual assistance and sourcing will be part of the picture. The U.S. has succeeded in such efforts in the past and can succeed again, but it will take years and there is no guarantee of ultimate success.

Especially dangerous is the considerable bitter-end divisive political opposition that exists, especially from Trump-supporters, demanding no government spending and total reliance on private capital, which is simply unworkable if we hope to secure our future position internationally, especially considering how far we are behind at present. This article outlines the areas where we must encourage and incentivize private capital to invest and where tremendous scientific and engineering resources must be channeled:

https://cset.georgetown.edu/wp-cont...lectronics-Supply-Chain-Resilience.pdf#page25

Last edited:
Stupid Oxen. Again, we had the chip market. “They” killed it, similar to the auto market. Unions, taxation, labor…poof.

Now they want it back? Lol! Sure these companies will accept funding and build a building for “them”. Will it be globally competitive with dummies like Obiden Piglousy setting up the rules from cradle to grave? Not a chance.

just on fact on CA AZ TX fabs. Hint. They use water.

A single fab might use millions of gallons in a single day, according to the Georgetown Center for Security and Emerging Technology (CSET)—about the same amount of water as a small city in a year.

Semiconductor fabs use up to 100 megawatt-hours of power each and every hour.

In 2022, the Taiwanese semiconductor manufacturer TSMC consumed almost 22 thousand gigawatt-hours of energy, with electricity accounting for the most important energy source.Sep 5, 2023

with a sea of Diesel backup generators stationed outside in case of power glitches or outages. Uh yes, I know. Same as APPL or META server farms. Miles of them Lined up.

chew on that one Tommy dumbo and the board loons.

Forum List

Back