Pres. Biden wants $15/hr min wage; Thanks but NOW its not enough

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

A 1 bedroom apt in my city is like $1200/month
Student loan payment $300
Power/cable/phone/water.....another $400
Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Mr President.....$20 an hour is the minimum

And when they raise the minimum wage which is supposed for those just started to work like 16 year olds with no skills---------that 1 bedroom apartment will be like 1800 a month, Student Loan (really? You went to college and ran up debt and are only making minimum wage? ) $500, and power/cable/phone/water will be $600...see how this works? Higher wages means higher inflation and higher cost of living so raising the minimum wages never helps anyone on the bottom tier.

Those who worked their way up and get paid better than the new minimum usually don't get a pay bump or a very big of a pay bump to keep up with the higher inflation caused by raising minimum wage---and they are forced to buy less with what they got as they have to work their way up again which usually means a job change (hint hint) for those wanting a raise as companies realize that many people don't like to change jobs and will try to ride out the inflation instead of looking for another employer who will be forced to pay more like their current boss who will pay a new worker more to entice him to a new job but won't pay old workers more hoping that they will just stick around instead of job hunt. This is assuming that your employer can handle the price increase and won't be forced to close down or get rid of workers to cut costs. Raising the minimum always leads to fewer job pumpkin.

But Higher wages leading to higher everything means those that retired or just get a government pension aren't able to buy as much with the money that they have so life become more and more unbearable....

The super rich profit off of their hard assets and capital gains going up in price and they get richer and richer and richer.

But hey---watch the idiots making minimum wage scream we want more money for nothing instead of using their heads to get better job skills to get paid better.

Last edited:
Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

If you're going to college you may want to invest more time studying economics and less time reading what Biden may do....dumbass

Nothing is ever enough for you parasitic commie shit biscuits.

Name calling isn’t necessary. Its not that I/we dont wanna work we just want a living wage. And “commies” really? Im definitely not a communist. America can and should do better

Than better yourselves through your own merit,not on the backs of the taxpayer.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

And when they raise the minimum wage which is supposed for those just started to work like 16 year olds with no skills---------that 1 bedroom apartment will be like 1800 a month, Student Loan (really? You went to college and ran up debt and are only making minimum wage? ) $500, and power/cable/phone/water will be $600...see how this works? Higher wages means higher inflation and higher cost of living so raising the minimum wages never helps anyone on the bottom tier.

Those who worked their way up and get paid better than the new minimum usually don't get a pay bump or a very big of a pay bump to keep up with the higher inflation caused by raising minimum wage---and they are forced to buy less with what they got as they have to work their way up again which usually means a job change (hint hint) for those wanting a raise as companies realize that many people don't like to change jobs and will try to ride out the inflation instead of looking for another employer who will be forced to pay more like their current boss who will pay a new worker more to entice him to a new job but won't pay old workers more hoping that they will just stick around instead of job hunt. This is assuming that your employer can handle the price increase and won't be forced to close down or get rid of workers to cut costs. Raising the minimum always leads to fewer job pumpkin.

But Higher wages leading to higher everything means those that retired or just get a government pension aren't able to buy as much with the money that they have so life become more and more unbearable....

The super rich profit off of their hard assets and capital gains going up in price and they get richer and richer and richer.

But hey---watch the idiots making minimum wage scream we want more money for nothing instead of using their heads to get better job skills to get paid better.
God bless you for trying to explain this to her.
But I guarantee while she is bitching about raising the minimum wage here, she is shouting down people talking about how illegal, legal, and HB visa immigration undercuts wages, calling them racists and praising more and more immigration.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Get a better job lazy.

Oh sure bc its just that easy right?

How about we just make all the jobs better by paying an actual living wage

How about you get off your lazy ass and learn a trade?
Flipping burgers isn't worth 15 bucks an hour you simpleton.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

It's not the government's job to guarantee your income.

Name calling isn’t necessary. Its not that I/we dont wanna work we just want a living wage. And “commies” really? Im definitely not a communist. America can and should do better

Your avatar is for no college debt either huh. So "free" everything and a $20/min wage across the country, which equates to almost 42k/yr. You are telling me a high school kid working at McDonalds during the summer break should be making the equivalent of 42k/yr? Please tell me you aren't old enough to vote.

The problem is a lot of those jobs you are talking about are being done by adults, not HS kids. Yes Id probably be ok with an age adjusted minimum wage, like under 18 yrs old your min wage is $12. 18-22 is $13-15, and over 22 its $20, so adults can actually live a reasonable life

Min wage workers make up 2.7% of the workforce.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Get a better job lazy.

Oh sure bc its just that easy right?

How about we just make all the jobs better by paying an actual living wage

How about you get off your lazy ass and learn a trade?
Flipping burgers isn't worth 15 bucks an hour you simpleton.
Peach is probably a 250+lb ogre who is pissed she can’t get by stripping.
NINTCHDBPICT000559709661.jpg

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Put in the effort, get a real job... work hard at that job... get a better job or promotion just like everyone else you pitiful little whiney ass.
You don't deserve anything you didn't earn for yourself.
We earned what we got. We didn't expect anyone to give us something for nothing, nor did we expect to get full time high wages to flip fucking burgers or bag groceries either.
If you are on a piss ant job...well... it means you are still a piss ant.

$350 a month. $3200 car...SC last winter. $ 18/hr...Welding. Nice 'maters out back...sweet taterz too. Only in the southView attachment 417187

First thing I noticed was the roof ... so that's the lesson to the OP ... priorities ...

Piece of crap car, cheap Japanese porch spindles, don't even bag his grass ...

With a $15,000 roof on top ... this home will last generations ...

Why should an uneducated moron expect first class accommodations?

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

God bless you for trying to explain this to her.
But I guarantee while she is bitching about raising the minimum wage here, she is shouting down people talking about how illegal, legal, and HB visa immigration undercuts wages, calling them racists and praising more and more immigration.

She hasn't figured out that more immigration especially illegal pushes up the cost of housing and living as there are more people looking for housing while at the same time pushing down wages as there are more workers competing for the same jobs. Law of Supply and demand. Colleges aren't really "educating" kids any more...they are just a money grab for the colleges and an indoctrination program for the gullible.

minimum wage jobs are supposed to be your first job out of high school then you start working your way up the ladder....yea i was shocked too....

If you want to help yourself get to where you want to be, becoming debt-free, make your dream happen. We only have one life as far as we know, and time goes by way too quickly to put our dreams on hold or wait for the plan to happen. You can make it happen.

A relative of mine is now a home owner at 23 and will soon be (3-5 years according to his plan) debt-free. He has a great story, especially for a middle child who tends to get a bad rap which is totally underserving. (Funny how so many middle kids wind up doing so many things unpredicted by their parents.) In my relative's case, he moved to a city that's deemed harder to succeed financially compared to most since the cost of living is out the roof and top paying jobs harder to find in that area, but he did it. How?

Planning is everything yet simple: the willingness to work a job that pays less than what you think you're worth, until you don't have to....that's a crucial step for many, a deal-breaker actually for many college graduates who won't do it. Saying things like "No way. I went to college and am worth way more than that!" refusing to work for less than X dollars starting out. It's that "starting out" part that helps with understanding it's a temporary pay rate, not set in stone and not your long-term plan. Commit your free time to finding reduced properties that are up for auction and for sale by owner, advertise for free (libraries/groceries/laundry mats- all places with public bulletin boards) and screen thoroughly for hard-working, honest roomies with clean background checks.

Live you dream and make it happen, even if that means rice and beans, rice and beans...for now.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

A one time tax break for Capitalists can make it work because higher paid labor creates more in demand and generates more in tax revenue.
You keep saying that without having any idea what you're talking about. The "higher paid labor" would be more than offset by the hordes of newly laid off and those unable to find any job at all.
We are talking about minimum wage jobs. What percentage of the labor force consists of minimum wage jobs? And, what you claim is only a short run equilibrium since higher paid labor also creates more in demand. Unemployment compensation could be improved to easily handle it.

2.7%
The rest of us advance.

I went into a Burger King today, and placed my order. After 15 minutes my order number still wasnt called and i was the only person in the store. So i walked up, one of the attendees asked if i would like to place an order, which i said, i was #44. The original person looked over and said "i thought someone else and filled your order" but still didnt proceed, while the other person then took it upon themselves to get my food ready...and these worthless fucks want to be paid 15 dollars and hour?

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Apparently with your college education your not worth more, at least that’s what your employer thinks, so walk out and get a better paying job. What’s stopping you? Markets dictate value and if the value of your goods and services are marginal at best then youR employer is not in the position to pay more, employees leave, business folds. Real basic, not hard to comprehend. So is a barista or hamburger flipper worth more?

Forum List

Back