Pres. Biden wants $15/hr min wage; Thanks but NOW its not enough

How about a simple question - do you think there are any negative consequences to raising the minimum wage? Yes or no, please. I just had waffles for breakfast.
Everything has positives and negatives.

But the NET positives outweigh the negatives regarding a reasonable minimum wage.

And $15/hr is reasonable

If you increase MW that much, businesses close down, it creates a domino effect across the country, it creates inflation, it makes it harder for others to start their own business. It would increase the cost of living and the need for more foreign imports.

What you just stated is we make policy that only benefits less than 3% of our workforce, it has mostly positive benefits for the country. How do you figure that?

How about a simple question - do you think there are any negative consequences to raising the minimum wage? Yes or no, please. I just had waffles for breakfast.
Everything has positives and negatives.

But the NET positives outweigh the negatives regarding a reasonable minimum wage.

And $15/hr is reasonable

Once again I ask you do you think your employees will be happy making minimum wage?
Sure, why not when they can afford our first world economy; who cares how rich the Rich get then.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
5% of the population pays around 40% of the fed taxes. We should bow to them and thank them for not letting us eat mud pies.
Even with a work ethic as a Requirement for the Poor? We should be more grateful for an actual Right to Work in alleged right to work States.
A min wage is a starting wage. Prove yourself and you usually get raises, more depending on ability. If you don't get a raise within 90-120 days. You have to start questioning your employer, yourself, or both.

I'm glad my nephew listened. I said a degree in sociology gives you the keys for a professional burger flipping license. He went with bus admin.
A starting wage in our first world economy not any given specific sector of the Private market.
I'll give you 1 thing though. Most small bizzes are hanging by a thread. Doubling labor costs would be a good stimulus. I learned that in business school.
You may need to brush up on maximizing profits, regardless of what life or the Government throws at you.

Sounds like a rational and good excuse to ask for a tax break that can cover the volatility period until you can make better planning decisions with more market input.

Nothing is ever enough for you parasitic commie shit biscuits.

Name calling isn’t necessary. Its not that I/we dont wanna work we just want a living wage. And “commies” really? Im definitely not a communist. America can and should do better

Your avatar is for no college debt either huh. So "free" everything and a $20/min wage across the country, which equates to almost 42k/yr. You are telling me a high school kid working at McDonalds during the summer break should be making the equivalent of 42k/yr? Please tell me you aren't old enough to vote.

The problem is a lot of those jobs you are talking about are being done by adults, not HS kids. Yes Id probably be ok with an age adjusted minimum wage, like under 18 yrs old your min wage is $12. 18-22 is $13-15, and over 22 its $20, so adults can actually live a reasonable life

If you're an adult, you should be further along the wage scale. If you're still making the minimum wage, that's on you.

Nothing is ever enough for you parasitic commie shit biscuits.

Name calling isn’t necessary. Its not that I/we dont wanna work we just want a living wage. And “commies” really? Im definitely not a communist. America can and should do better

Your avatar is for no college debt either huh. So "free" everything and a $20/min wage across the country, which equates to almost 42k/yr. You are telling me a high school kid working at McDonalds during the summer break should be making the equivalent of 42k/yr? Please tell me you aren't old enough to vote.

The problem is a lot of those jobs you are talking about are being done by adults, not HS kids. Yes Id probably be ok with an age adjusted minimum wage, like under 18 yrs old your min wage is $12. 18-22 is $13-15, and over 22 its $20, so adults can actually live a reasonable life

If you're an adult, you should be further along the wage scale. If you're still making the minimum wage, that's on you.
I would agree with you if our economy were more efficient.

Why do so many people demonize success? Steve Jobs invented the iPhone. He became rich because a lot of people voluntarily gave him money in return for an iPhone. I think the problem for a lot of these people is jealousy

That's all it is. Every American physically capable of working with reasonable intelligence has a shot at wealth. But it doesn't come working for another person the rest of your life. It comes from taking the money you worked for, investing it in some form, and making your own money.

Making money takes a lot of risk, a lot of hard work, patients, and a lot of sacrifices; sacrifices some on the left don't want to make. So when other people do, end up successful, they get pissed about it making claim life was unfair to them.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Forum List

Back