Pres. Biden wants $15/hr min wage; Thanks but NOW its not enough

Hell, why not make it $500 per hour?

Let's just go for gold.

Of course, then, there will be no more part-time jobs. More $$$ will be chasing the same amount of goods, so food prices will spike.

That's just the beginning of the problems that shit will cause.

You know what might help?

LIMITING THE NUMBER OF UNSKILLED WORKERS BY NOT LETTING A SHIT TON OF ILLEGALS INTO THE U.S. TO PROVIDE CHEEP-ASS LABOR!!!!
What if it merely beats inflation for purchasing power parity?

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

A 1 bedroom apt in my city is like $1200/month
Student loan payment $300
Power/cable/phone/water.....another $400
Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

Mr President.....$20 an hour is the minimum
A one time tax break for Capitalists can make it work because higher paid labor creates more in demand and generates more in tax revenue.
You keep saying that without having any idea what you're talking about. The "higher paid labor" would be more than offset by the hordes of newly laid off and those unable to find any job at all.

If a person cannot afford the rent and bills they have working a full time minimum wage job in the place which they live.. that person either needs to find a better job, or move to a cheaper place.
If a minimum wage job can be easily automated, we don't need it anyway. Since higher paid labor will be generating more federal income tax revenue anyway, unemployment compensation can easily automatically stabilize our economy while solving simple poverty in the process.

Been reading that President Biden will make min wage $15/hour. Thanks Mr. President but that was enough in 2010. Not 2020. It needs to be $20/minimum. 40 hours/week after taxes thats like $2300 a month.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

I could go on but as you can see it rapidly is gone and we havent even gotten to healthcare, food, clothing, recreation

why don't we all just make as much as Bill Gates???
--here---one word and I destroy your OP babble crap---'''cable''''
I haven't had cable TV since before 1990!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
godamn!! live within your means
don't have kids until you are financially and mentally ready
student loan!!!!!!!!!!???????? now you want free college !!!!
stupid people do not deserve to be GIVEN $$$$ for being stupid
....next you'll say $20 is not enough

--I see you have college debt there---student loan ..I've been through this before in another thread ..there are loans and FREE grants for college IF you can't afford it
...if you can't pay off your student loan that would be like me buying something I couldn't afford = not smart
I could go on and on

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Minimum wage need to be relative to the local economy but until then, you need to find and work another job or work two jobs

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

A one time tax break for Capitalists can make it work because higher paid labor creates more in demand and generates more in tax revenue.
You keep saying that without having any idea what you're talking about. The "higher paid labor" would be more than offset by the hordes of newly laid off and those unable to find any job at all.
You realize DP is an idiot with a tad of book knowledge and zero real life experience.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

We are talking about minimum wage jobs. What percentage of the labor force consists of minimum wage jobs? And, what you claim is only a short run equilibrium since higher paid labor also creates more in demand. Unemployment compensation could be improved to easily handle it.

If a person cannot afford the rent and bills they have working a full time minimum wage job in the place which they live.. that person either needs to find a better job, or move to a cheaper place.
If a minimum wage job can be easily automated, we don't need it anyway. Since higher paid labor will be generating more federal income tax revenue anyway, unemployment compensation can easily automatically stabilize our economy while solving simple poverty in the process.
You're talking about welfare again. UC is temporary and only for those laid off from their jobs, not permanent for those who refuse to work an available job. You should know that by now, I've told you often enough.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Minimum wage need to be relative to the local economy but until then, you need to find and work another job or work two jobs
If minimum wage jobs can be easily automated, they should. It is what supply side economics should be about.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

You realize DP is an idiot with a tad of book knowledge and zero real life experience.
In right wing fantasy and parler, every thing you say is always the "gospel Truth".

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Heck, I know that. I've gotten him to admit that he wants $15/hr to stay in Mom's basement smoking pot.

I had roommates for many years until my student loans were paid off.

My commute is a solid 45 minutes expressly now so I could afford a house on a 15 year mortgage.

The math is the math. Make it work as millions before you did.

Asking for a raise because you want to have private quarters or be close to work isn't an argument.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

If minimum wage jobs can be easily automated, they should. It is what supply side economics should be about.
You do realize, don't you, that every job automated is one less available job for a worker.

You're talking about welfare again. UC is temporary and only for those laid off from their jobs, not permanent for those who refuse to work an available job. You should know that by now, I've told you often enough.
Public policy must promote the general welfare in the most modern of technological manners and fashions in modern times.

Eliminating minimum wage jobs through automation results in an improvement to our economy.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

You do realize, don't you, that every job automated is one less available job for a worker.
You might as well be discussing economics with a pumpkin.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

In right wing fantasy and parler, every thing you say is always the "gospel Truth".
Tell us how many people you know making $15.00/hr * 8 hour days * 5 days a week living in a Blue Metropolitan City.
Unless, of course, you want everyone making that to live in the Middle of Nowhere.

Car $200
(Already $2100 gone)

Tell us how many people you know making $15.00/hr * 8 hour days * 5 days a week living in a Blue Metropolitan City.
Unless, of course, you want everyone making that to live in the Middle of Nowhere.
Dude, he's a tar baby of economic illiteracy....Just stop, before you feel moved to kill yourself. :laugh2:

Forum List

Back