Posting a Meme in the Science and Technology, because I Solicit Science Based Comments

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
I just saw this meme on Facebook. It makes sense, but maybe there is some science that disputes it.

1708392009371.png

Obviously, there is some hype, but are the facts wrong?

The problem with your meme, is that if we had spent the last century and half developing the electric engine it would be a quarter of the size it is now, would get a thousand miles to the charge and would cost a fraction of the price. Who the hell would want to switch a clean, sleek electric car for a filthy polluting ICE vehicle.

The problem with your meme, is that if we had spent the last century and half developing the electric engine it would be a quarter of the size it is now, would get a thousand miles to the charge and would cost a fraction of the price. Who the hell would want to switch a clean, sleek electric car for a filthy polluting ICE vehicle.
Good response, but it doesn't really hold water.

Because electric cars were first developed in 1891.

I also wonder who you mean by "we." in the statement about developing vehicle engines. If you mean a collective "we" that has funded and managed the developement of both types of vehicles, that is just factually wrong.

Electric vehicles have indeed been developed, funded, promoted, and subsidized by the collective "we," over recent years, but ICE vehicles were developed almost entirely by profit seeking individuals and corporations.

Those same profit-seekers were more than welcome to develop EV's if they thought those would be more lucrative.

The electric engine has been in use in locomotives for over 50 years....It isn't any smaller.

Battery technology has existed even longer, and they're only good for 300 miles as immense as they are.

So much for that line of bullshit.

we have spent the last 100 yrs developing and perfecting the electric motor,,

the problem has always been technology and people smart enough to understand and develope it,,

just think how good they will be in another 100 yrs,,

??? Electric cars have been around since the 1800s

Last edited:
we have spent the last 100 yrs developing and perfecting the electric motor,,

the problem has always been technology and people smart enough to understand and develope it,,

just think how good they will be in another 100 yrs,,
You could run a ICE/electric hybrid, with the setup that locomotives have been using....A liquid cooled 200-300 CC ICE to run a big electric motor and power all the accessories.

But the envirowhacks are dead set on battery powered contraptions that go nowhere.

You could run a ICE/electric hybrid, with the setup that locomotives have been using....A liquid cooled 200-300 CC ICE to run a big electric motor and power all the accessories.

But the envirowhacks are dead set on battery powered contraptions that go nowhere.
that makes a lot more sense,,

have you seen the guy up in canada doing that with big rigs??
edison motors,,

he put elons big truck to shame,,

there are some cases where full electric can be used and is far better,,

day run fleet trucks is one,,
run them during the day and charge overnight,,
especially in the SW where the sun can charge batteries nonstop,,

that makes a lot more sense,,

have you seen the guy up in canada doing that with big rigs??
edison motors,,

he put elons big truck to shame,,

there are some cases where full electric can be used and is far better,,

day run fleet trucks is one,,
run them during the day and charge overnight,,
especially in the SW where the sun can charge batteries nonstop,,
You don't need the batteries, when the ICE runs the electric motor.

I can't fathom why automotive designers haven't tried it, or why it failed if it has been tried.

The problem with your meme, is that if we had spent the last century and half developing the electric engine it would be a quarter of the size it is now, would get a thousand miles to the charge and would cost a fraction of the price.

EVs pre-date ICE vehicles and they were phased out specifically for the same reason people don't take them today...

... electric motors and batteries are the wrong technology for personal vehicles.

You don't need the batteries, when the ICE runs the electric motor.

I can't fathom why automotive designers haven't tried it, or why it failed if it has been tried.
they have tried it and decided for performance issues to add batteries,,

when you have batteries the ICE only has to run at constant peak peformance RPMs,, without batteries the ICE is constantly raising and lowering the RPMs which cause extra wear and lag in performance,,

a trian doesnt constantly throttle up and down and just runs at a constant,, you cant do that on the streets with a car or truck,

Heavy metals are are always a hazmat problem, and particularly so when they would end up hitting the waste stream with the frequency that cars are junked and parted out.
I heard elon talking about this and with the advancement of new battery tech that is being reduced with every generation of battery,,

give them time,,

give them time,

When they come up with the tech... come back to me.

Until then, I'm not interested in what they are selling and I'm especially not interested in any suggestions regarding mandating the technology in personal, commercial, or government use.

When they come up with the tech... come back to me.

Until then, I'm not interested in what they are selling and I'm especially not interested in any suggestions regarding mandating the technology in personal, commercial, or government use.
if the blind could only see,,

its happening as we speak but because your eyes are closed you cant see it,,

Forum List

Back