Posting a Meme in the Science and Technology, because I Solicit Science Based Comments

they arent as bad as the fear mongers are claiming,, and tech to do better is always in the works,,
Show me how tech doing better will eliminate the necessity for this if all U.S. citizens are forced to switch to EVs. Note that the USA produces roughly 2% of the world's lithium, we produce less than 1 metric ton of cobalt and use 7800 tons, we aren't in the top 10 countries producing manganese, and we have to import most of the nickel we use. For these and other essential metals/components of EV batteries, we are dependent on countries some of which don't like us very much. And we don't have the manufacturing capability to produce all the electric batteries we use now and a large percentage of them are imported from China et al.

1708397523571.jpeg

Manganese mine
1708397652465.png

Cobalt Mine
1708397700127.png

Nickel mine
1708397764008.png

Show me how tech doing better will eliminate the necessity for this if all U.S. citizens are forced to switch to EVs. Note that the USA produces roughly 2% of the world's lithium, we produce less than 1 metric ton of cobalt and use 7800 tons, we aren't in the top 10 countries producing manganese, and we have to import most of the nickel we use. For these and other essential metals/components of EV batteries, we are dependent on countries some of which don't like us very much.

View attachment 905171
Manganese mine
View attachment 905173
Cobalt Mine
View attachment 905174
Nickel mine
View attachment 905176
of course you have to be selctive in the pictures to make your false narrative,,

what if I posted the gulf coast or the alaska valdez oil spills??

the least you can do is be honest,,

Annnnd there's the crux of the biscuit.....I have no choice, so "give it time" is just a throwaway phrase that means nothing.

Let's hoist a glass to enviro-tyrants!
tell me about the batteries used in the device you used to post that comment??

or those cordless tools you love to use so much??

of course you have to be selctive in the pictures to make your false narrative,,

what if I posted the gulf coast or the alaska valdez oil spills??

the least you can do is be honest,,
She is honest....She posted the reality of strip mines, which is how all (yes, ALL) battery rare Earth elements are mined.

You should see the gargantuan copper mine to the west of SLC.

She is honest....She posted the reality of strip mines, which is how all (yes, ALL) battery rare Earth elements are mined.

You should see the gargantuan copper mine to the west of SLC.
you mean like stip mines to get coal or iron or copper??

she posted a grass field and left out the bad stuff,,

very diishonest,,

Then why did you say, "give them time "?

Which is it? Shovel-ready or vapor-ware?

It literally can't be both.
tell me about the device youre using to post with and how it looked at the time of your birth??

using your logic it wouldnt exist along with untold amounts of other things we love to use,,

oh dear god,,

you idealogs are all the same,,
closed mined and annoying as hell,,
I'm not an ideologue...I can do the fucking math.....

1) There is no equivalent of Moore's law for battery technology.

2) Battery "recycling" amounts to little more than isolating and segregating the hazardous materials in them, and disposing of them differently than the inert materials.

Speaking of the math, the pipe dream of so much as 20% of the cars on the road being electric will never ever be realized, as the same people pushing those contraptions are also destroying the capabilities of full-time baseline electric generation....As the result, the entire argument over batteries is moot.

I'm not an ideologue...I can do the fucking math.....

1) There is no equivalent of Moore's law for battery technology.

2) Battery "recycling" amounts to little more than isolating and segregating the hazardous materials in them, and disposing of them differently than the inert materials.

Speaking of the math, the pipe dream of so much as 20% of the cars on the road being electric will never ever be realized, as the same people pushing those contraptions are also destroying the capabilities of full-time baseline electric generation....As the result, the entire argument over batteries is moot.
exactly which batteries are you talking about??

they are changing and advancing daily,,

tell me about the device youre using to post with and how it looked at the time of your birth??

Not a single politician in 1957 was pushing for legislation to replace typewriters and pencils for laptops that may someday be developed.

When a technology is ready to be adopted by the public, it will be. IF the public finds it an improvement over the previous technology.

The only reason to legislate adoption of an inferior technology is on ideological grounds.

What bad stuff?

You mean like the caribou that were warming themselves along the Alaskan pipeline, that the envirowhacks claimed would irreparably destroy their migration patterns?

We can't have warm caribou?!

Forum List

Back