Popular Over-The-Counter Drug Can Be Dangerous When Taken Too Often

“They may be taking one product for a headache,” Hussar says. “They may be taking another product for a cold and another product for an allergy and not realized that each of those products may contain acetaminophen, and taking them during the same time period that quantity builds up to the point that, for some individuals where it can be excessive and toxic.”

In worst cases, that toxicity can ruin the liver. Professor Hussar is not in favor of making acetaminophen prescription-only.

yeah, people need to be careful with how much tylenol/acetaminophen they take daily.

No matter what you take, if you take it in excess it will harm you or kill you.

Vitamin A poisoning.

Adverse effects from vitamin A may include mouth ulcers, cracked lips, psoriasis flare-ups, cracked fingernails, sore eyes, scaling skin, hair loss, skin irritation, skin dryness, pain, and redness (topical analogs), as well as diarrhea, dyspepsia, steatosis (fatty change), perisinusoidal fibrosis (in the liver), chronic hepatitis, cirrhosis, transient fullness and bulging of the anterior fontanelle, cough, fever, respiratory infection, and increased risk of lung cancer, HIV transmission (through breastfeeding), and mortality.

that has been known for ages.

don't take more than 2 grams daily. 4 grams is the maximum, but some develop liver failure on much lesser doses.

“They may be taking one product for a headache,” Hussar says. “They may be taking another product for a cold and another product for an allergy and not realized that each of those products may contain acetaminophen, and taking them during the same time period that quantity builds up to the point that, for some individuals where it can be excessive and toxic.”

In worst cases, that toxicity can ruin the liver. Professor Hussar is not in favor of making acetaminophen prescription-only.
yeah, people need to be careful with how much tylenol/acetaminophen they take daily.

What people need to be aware of is how much of acetaminophen is in other products. If you take it with acetaminophen, you are probably getting too much.

1. If there is one positive to be said for the environmental movement, it is that they bring public awareness of dangerous chemicals in our environment.
Case in point: “The Invisible Killer: Dihydrogen Monoxide”

a. Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there.

b. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage.

c. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance.

d. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

e. Is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain…contributes to the "greenhouse effect."…may cause severe burns….contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape….accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals….may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes….has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.”

f. Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today.”
Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide!

1. If there is one positive to be said for the environmental movement, it is that they bring public awareness of dangerous chemicals in our environment.
Case in point: “the invisible killer: Dihydrogen monoxide”

a. Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of dhmo, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there.

B. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage.

C. Symptoms of dhmo ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance.

D. For those who have become dependent, dhmo withdrawal means certain death.

E. Is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain…contributes to the "greenhouse effect."…may cause severe burns….contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape….accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals….may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes….has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.”

f. Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in america today.”
ban dihydrogen monoxide!

:D

:thup:

I had undiagnosed migraines and took a great deal of excederin, over 12-18 a day. I ended up in the hospital, with emergency surgery. Drs. removed part of my stomach from bleeding ulcers and scar tissue that had grown over the opening from my stomach to the intestines where they had to create a new opening. I don't recall much that week except they said I could have died from the blood loss I guess.

To this day, if I have a headache, I take 1 ibuprofen and never touch Excederin again. Saw a neurologist for the migraines and don't have many migraines any more..

Case in point: “The Invisible Killer: Dihydrogen Monoxide”

a. Dihydrogen monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless, and kills uncounted thousands of people every year. Most of these deaths are caused by accidental inhalation of DHMO, but the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide do not end there.

b. Prolonged exposure to its solid form causes severe tissue damage.

c. Symptoms of DHMO ingestion can include excessive sweating and urination, and possibly a bloated feeling, nausea, vomiting and body electrolyte imbalance.

d. For those who have become dependent, DHMO withdrawal means certain death.

e. Is also known as hydroxyl acid, and is the major component of acid rain…contributes to the "greenhouse effect."…may cause severe burns….contributes to the erosion of our natural landscape….accelerates corrosion and rusting of many metals….may cause electrical failures and decreased effectiveness of automobile brakes….has been found in excised tumors of terminal cancer patients.”

f. Quantities of dihydrogen monoxide have been found in almost every stream, lake, and reservoir in America today.”
Ban Dihydrogen Monoxide!

people have been signing petitions for well over a year now

to get congress to act on banning that stuff

My fellow Americans have become PILL POPPING IDIOTS.

All that crap they've convinced you you cannot live without is poison.

Forum List

Back