Poll For Conservatives:

Do you think Gays should be allowed to marry?

• Yes

Votes: 24 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 35.1%

• Total voters
Er, mine are concerning consenting human adults....you want to bring in a strawman with regard to animals....what's that again?? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Oh, so only YOUR definition of "socially acceptable" is OK.

Now I see how broadminded your arguement is.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Bigot.

your ride's here

don't forget your helmet

Translation: My head is full of broccoli and I have no good response.
Yes, liberals accept the whole gamut of opinion from A to B.

Er, mine are concerning consenting human adults....you want to bring in a strawman with regard to animals....what's that again?? :cuckoo::cuckoo:

Oh, so only YOUR definition of "socially acceptable" is OK.

Now I see how broadminded your arguement is.:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Bigot.

your ride's here

short-bus.jpg

don't forget your helmet

Apparently its a slow night for Barney Frank's Sockpuppet:

Barney_Frank_the_Man_Pimp_by_Conservatism.jpg

Don't you need to meet your date in a Cambridge Bath House?

Then it's even more pointless. "Are you for or against gay marriage" is like asking if you are for or against sunrise. Nothing stands in the way of sunrise. Nothing stands in the way of gay marriage.
Now, if you want to re-phrase that to read: Are you for or against the state according special rights to gays" you might have a worthwhile (and reality-based) poll.

You are still missing the point.

Modbert vs Charles Main and Dive Con on another board had a disagreement in that Mod believes most conservatives on this board are against gay marriage. NOT civil unions, or any other form, but marriage specifically. I agree with Mod and not Charles or Dive.

The POINT of the poll is whether most conservatives on this board are against gay marriage. Both Mod and I believe this to be true. Dive and Charles don't. This poll is about the beliefs of a specific section of this board. I am not interested in liberals or centrists opinions on the matter because the poll is not for them....
so, you post a biased poll to attempt to prove your fallacy true?

i dont believe any one should have the power to ALLOW OR DISALLOW marriage. ABOLISH THE MARRIAGE LICENSE. Government is the problem.

Are you for or against gay marriage.

This is a yes or no question. This relates to another thread whereby Dive and Charles believe 'some' conservatives are against it as opposed to most/majority are.

I submit that the majority are...

Sorry, Dr. Grump, I cannot answer that with a simple yes or no.

I believe that gays should have the right to marry the person of their choice in a church if they so choose and the church will agree to marry them. However, I do not believe the state should be involved in the issue of marriage at all.

Gays should have the same legal rights as any other couple, but the rite of marriage should be left up to the church not the state.

Immie

Sorry bout that,

1. Now we have to force my Catholic Priest to marry homosexuals?
2. Lets not and just say we did, okay?
3. Then they will force my Priest to marry a man and a goat.
4. Or a women and her german shepard.
5. This is where its going folks, trust me, I use it as an example, not as a *Shock Factor*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. Now we have to force my Catholic Priest to marry homosexuals?
2. Lets not and just say we did, okay?
3. Then they will force my Priest to marry a man and a goat.
4. Or a women and her german shepard.
5. This is where its going folks, trust me, I use it as an example, not as a *Shock Factor*.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

No offense intended but why do you start your posts with ''Sorry bout that'', and then number each sentence? :confused:

i dont believe any one should have the power to ALLOW OR DISALLOW marriage. ABOLISH THE MARRIAGE LICENSE. Government is the problem.

So how do you deal with divorce, child custody, and property division?
People say they want gov't out of marriage, but when marriages break up the first thing anyone does is run to the court system.

someone needs to draw a line.

Marriage is socially acceptable.

Queerness is socially deviant.

Therefore, Queer Marriage is not socially acceptable.

QED.

Homosexuality is only socially unexceptiable to bigots....

Meh...you gotta poll that shows that the majority of Americans believe Queerness is a good thing, bring it on.

Otherwise, your opinion is as good as mine.

From Gallup:

2cqlvqnybuikm7dz4jllsg.gif

wimbbj7q20-s2tjrw6yznw.gif

Americans' Acceptance of Gay Relations Crosses 50% Threshold

Homosexuality is only socially unexceptiable to bigots....

Meh...you gotta poll that shows that the majority of Americans believe Queerness is a good thing, bring it on.

Otherwise, your opinion is as good as mine.

From Gallup:

2cqlvqnybuikm7dz4jllsg.gif

wimbbj7q20-s2tjrw6yznw.gif

Americans' Acceptance of Gay Relations Crosses 50% Threshold

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Finally, a refreshingly intelligent response.

There is a gradual cultural shift under way in Americans' views toward gay individuals and gay rights. While public attitudes haven't moved consistently in gays' and lesbians' favor every year, the general trend is clearly in that direction. This year, the shift is apparent in a record-high level of the public seeing gay and lesbian relations as morally acceptable. Meanwhile, support for legalizing gay marriage, and for the legality of gay and lesbian relations more generally, is near record highs

Hurray!!!

Now maybe the GLBT "community" will STFU and stop whinging at every preceived slight upon their Lifestyle.

Forum List

Back