Politics lately

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
It has become SO FUCKING UGLY that I've posted less and less. I've turned off ALL of the 24 hour news networks. Did it about a month ago.
I feel like all I accomplish when I do come here is to get aggravated BY BOTH SIDES. It's either one extreme or the other and there is no middle ground to be had in ANY topic. Even my science, music or entertainment threads devolve into left vs right.

This is unsustainable

It has become SO FUCKING UGLY that I've posted less and less. I've turned off ALL of the 24 hour news networks. Did it about a month ago.
I feel like all I accomplish when I do come here is to get aggravated BY BOTH SIDES. It's either one extreme or the other and there is no middle ground to be had in ANY topic. Even my science, music or entertainment threads devolve into left vs right.

This is unsustainable
no-shit-sherlock-5e1ff9515e.jpg

When did you FIRST realize this was the case?

Moreover, what will be YOUR part in reversing it?

This is unsustainable

There is no middle ground in do or die situations. But I get where you're coming from. Honestly, if it bothers you so much you cannot deal with it, then indulge in one of our modern era's great escapes, such as a novel or video game. Find yourself comfortably numb and removed from play.

This is unsustainable
I've turned off ALL of the 24 hour news networks.

Since the election, I've watched several series on Roku, from the first episode to the last.

I'm almost to the end of season 2 of The Real McCoys.

I see no reason to watch the news in the near future.

USMB has never been a forum for polite political discourse
Self-professed Conservatives get EXTREMELY sensitive when their President, who's clearly in the wrong, gets exposed in the end.

You see these type of "woe-is-me" and "don't be so harsh", "have mercy on him", "he's leaving soon" type posts and threads.

Of course you see way more other threads and posts LASHING OUT in wild anger.

I was on a similar board like this for years before joining here, during the Bush II years, I ended getting kicked off, because, just like w/Trump now, once everything I was posting about Bush II came out to be true, the conservative-leaning MODs, just like here, just couldn't take it and kicked my ass out.

That's when I joined here.

I've seen this exact. same. phenomenon before.

These guys have a thicker skin, but they're still extremely sensitive, as you can see for yourself by their posts and threads.

USMB has never been a forum for polite political discourse
Self-professed Conservatives get EXTREMELY sensitive when their President, who's clearly in the wrong, gets exposed in the end.

You see these type of "woe-is-me" and "don't be so harsh", "have mercy on him", "he's leaving soon" type posts and threads.

Of course you see way more other threads and posts LASHING OUT in wild anger.

I was on a similar board like this for years before joining here, during the Bush II years, I ended getting kicked off, because, just like w/Trump now, once everything I was posting about Bush II came out to be true, the conservative-leaning MODs, just like here, just couldn't take it and kicked my ass out.

That's when I joined here.

I've seen this exact. same. phenomenon before.

These guys have a thicker skin, but they're still extremely sensitive, as you can see for yourself by their posts and threads.

Like Democrats did with Clinton and Obama?

Cry me a river.

This is unsustainable
i post about issues to talk about and the usual trolls come along and trash the thread and then it gets closed or moved to conspiracy theories.

yet the posts that do nothing but inflame people and insult others remain.

binary. it's the mindset of the stupid.

This is unsustainable

It's not for the faint of heart. :abgg2q.jpg:

This is unsustainable

It's just tiresome. It's almost like watching a rerun of some awful sitcom over and over again.
Thats why I've tried to break the cycle, at least for myself, by posting about other shit than politics. But even then it somehow gets drug back to left vs right. My wonder woman review thread for instance, since I thought poorly of it I was of course labeled a sexist or some stupid shit.
Sometimes dealing with the same shallow/one track minded people grows VERY tiresome

This is unsustainable

It's just tiresome. It's almost like watching a rerun of some awful sitcom over and over again.
Thats why I've tried to break the cycle, at least for myself, by posting about other shit than politics. But even then it somehow gets drug back to left vs right. My wonder woman review thread for instance, since I thought poorly of it I was of course labeled a sexist or some stupid shit.
Sometimes dealing with the same shallow/one track minded people grows VERY tiresome

Then take a break.

This is unsustainable

Since the election, I've watched several series on Roku, from the first episode to the last.

Yeah my next bathroom remodel got delayed by a couple weeks cause the tub shipped in defective and its replacement won't be here till around the 12th.
Everyone kept going on and on about Yellowstone so I've watched 2 seasons so far. Enjoyable enough I guess but not the mesmerizing show I've heard it was. Everyone is a killer and NO ONE ever goes to jail... lol

This is unsustainable

Yeah my next bathroom remodel got delayed by a couple weeks cause the tub shipped in defective and its replacement won't be here till around the 12th.
Everyone kept going on and on about Yellowstone so I've watched 2 seasons so far. Enjoyable enough I guess but not the mesmerizing show I've heard it was. Everyone is a killer and NO ONE ever goes to jail... lol

Agree. Wife still watches Yellowstone. I lost interest 1/2 way thru the 2nd season. But she likes cowboys.

Forum List

Back