Politics is the new religion.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
To start a thread you are supposed to start with a statement or argument for presenting it. I will first note that I have been arguing for a long time that politics have become the religion of many. The no longer look to the Bible and what it teaches to take a position, they simply look at how something will forward their politics. That might even change in short periods of time.

I am NOT claiming this applies to one side. It applies to many on both sides. There are no principles. No crossing over when the other side supports something you would have once supported. Then again, both sides IMO support things alike that Jesus would have never supported. War, greed, etc.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/04/america-politics-religion/618072/

To start a thread you are supposed to start with a statement or argument for presenting it. I will first note that I have been arguing for a long time that politics have become the religion of many. ...

Not new, just false.

To start a thread you are supposed to start with a statement or argument for presenting it. I will first note that I have been arguing for a long time that politics have become the religion of many. The no longer look to the Bible and what it teaches to take a position, they simply look at how something will forward their politics. That might even change in short periods of time.

I am NOT claiming this applies to one side. It applies to many on both sides. There are no principles. No crossing over when the other side supports something you would have once supported. Then again, both sides IMO support things alike that Jesus would have never supported. War, greed, etc.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2021/04/america-politics-religion/618072/
Leftism is the religion of the secularized world. It dominates the globe. There is no comparison.

Scattered in between are those who are religious and a few who are secular but are repulsed by Leftism in varying degrees. And there are those who cling to political personalities and other political parties more than they do their faith.

For example, Joe Biden is Catholic but ignores the faith he claims to cling to when it comes to things like abortion. Then you have Warnock who I think claims to be Baptists saying that abortion is "reproductive justice".

So long as Jesus bows to Marx, then the Christian faith will be allowed to continue, otherwise, it must be destroyed.

Leftism is the religion of the secularized world. It dominates the globe. There is no comparison.

Scattered in between are those who are religious and a few who are secular but are repulsed by Leftism in varying degrees. And there are those who cling to political personalities and other political parties more than they do their faith.

For example, Joe Biden is Catholic but ignores the faith he claims to cling to when it comes to things like abortion. Then you have Warnock who I think claims to be Baptists saying that abortion is "reproductive justice".

So long as Jesus bows to Marx, then the Christian faith will be allowed to continue, otherwise, it must be destroyed.

And those on the right had no problem with Trump's serial adultery, name calling, lying and taking the Lord's name in vain.

And those on the right had no problem with Trump's serial adultery, name calling, lying and taking the Lord's name in vain.
From a religious persepctive, you have to balance the choice.

Do you vote for a serial adulterer, or do you vote for the one promoting mass genocide at taxpayer expense.

If I were in Nazi Germany, for example, I vote for the dude wanting to close down the gas chambers and not starting wars across the globe like every other US President before Trump.. I would probably not care much about anything else.

He can go shag as many women as he wants in the process.

So sue me.

The combination of politics as proxy warfare, and news as entertainment, is the one-two punch taking us down.

And the core problem is democracy. Or rather our abuse of democracy. It was never intended to be a means of "running" society - and that's how we're using it. With that premise, the only way to have the kind of society you want is to control government.

Do you vote for a serial adulterer, or do you vote for the one promoting mass genocide at taxpayer expense.

There are always other choices. This is the very example of what I'm saying. Just like religion often times only see's things as black and white, you only see things as red or blue.

The combination of politics as proxy warfare, and news as entertainment, is the one-two punch taking us down.
Both religion and politics ask the same questions, which is how should we live our lives?

As such, they are kissing cousins, dogmatic, and evangelical.

The difference being, when you involve the power of the state, they will force feed it to you.

There are always other choices. This is the very example of what I'm saying. Just like religion often times only see's things as black and white, you only see things as red or blue.
Really?

Who in the democrat party is opposed to abortion on demand Mr. 20 shades of gray?

Really?

Who in the democrat party is opposed to abortion on demand Mr. 20 shades of gray?

Point enforced.

Really?

Point enforced.
More like debate side stepped.

But then, debating an issue would see you on the losing end, so understood.

To start a thread you are supposed to start with a statement or argument for presenting it. I will first note that I have been arguing for a long time that politics have become the religion of many. ...

Not new, just false.
People are certainly more rabid in their politics now.
Said everyone in every generation.
I don't know I don't remember the general public being as contentious about politics 30 years ago.

Not new, just false.
I don't know I don't remember the general public being as contentious about politics 30 years ago.

Yes. It's getting worse. As government grows to control more and more of society, it becomes more and more important to control government.

Both religion and politics ask the same questions, which is how should we live our lives?

They really don't. Or at least they shouldn't. Conflating the two is a problem.
How do they not?

For example, the Ten Commandments are a long list of things that purport to be morally good for society. Interestingly, when originally produced there were no penalties for breaking them

And today, our laws from the secular state are nothing more than moral edicts as to what is "good" for society, with a whole slew of penalties for breaking them.

One simply is a warning, while the other is your judge and executioner.

They really don't. Or at least they shouldn't. Conflating the two is a problem.
How do they not?

For example, the Ten Commandments are a long list of things that purport to be morally good for society. Interestingly, when originally produced there were no penalties for breaking them

And today, our laws from the secular state are nothing more than moral edicts as to what is "good" for society, with a whole slew of penalties for breaking them.

One simply is a warning, while the other is your judge and executioner.

There were major penalties for things like murder and adultery.

Not new, just false.
That is because government has invaded every aspect of our lives. They are actively indoctrinating you and your children and controlling people with the PC police. Now people are scared to even think differently than the angry vindictive Left wing mob.

Forum List

Back