Dan Rather , there's something I need to get off my chest.

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
I'mma post the whole tweet, 'cause I know less tha half of you guys will click the link to read it and this is important.

"If I may, there’s something I need to get off my chest.
As democracy remains under siege, it has been frustrating to watch how the press covers politics these days.
I am reminded by lessons that came to me during the Nixon years as a CBS News correspondent, which I’ll add here:

1. Enough with Both-sides-ism

When one side lies intentionally and repeatedly, they are no longer entitled to the benefit of the doubt. They should be held to account, right away. Do not simply repeat the narratives they spew.

2. Prioritize Live Fact-Checking

Rigorous and robust fact-checking is the best defense against misinformation, intentional lies, and deflection.
If Trump says the sky is green, the story isn’t that the sky is now green; the story is that the sky is still blue and Trump got it wrong.

3. Ask Lawmakers Hard Questions

Ask about the fundamental principles of democracy. Push them to go on the record that Biden won the 2020 election.
Ask if they support the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

This writing is not to offer any claim of knowing it all. Your correspondent has made his share of mistakes, but after more than seven decades I believe I have picked up a few useful guideposts.

Good journalism is always worth it. Our democracy depends on it.
"

Words of wisdom from someone who's been there before.

I'mma post the whole tweet, 'cause I know less tha half of you guys will click the link to read it and this is important.

As democracy remains under siege, it has been frustrating to watch how the press covers politics these days.
I am reminded by lessons that came to me during the Nixon years as a CBS News correspondent, which I’ll add here:

When one side lies intentionally and repeatedly, they are no longer entitled to the benefit of the doubt. They should be held to account, right away. Do not simply repeat the narratives they spew.

Rigorous and robust fact-checking is the best defense against misinformation, intentional lies, and deflection.
If Trump says the sky is green, the story isn’t that the sky is now green; the story is that the sky is still blue and Trump got it wrong.

Ask about the fundamental principles of democracy. Push them to go on the record that Biden won the 2020 election.

This writing is not to offer any claim of knowing it all. Your correspondent has made his share of mistakes, but after more than seven decades I believe I have picked up a few useful guideposts.

"

The father of fake news has something to say? Be still my heart.:laughing0301:

Dan Rather says that "democracy remains under siege."
Dan is right, but it's not the Republicans, it's the Democrats.
Obama and the Dirty Democrats illegally used the FISA court, the DOJ, the CIA and the FBI to try and frame Trump with their totally fabricated "Russian Collusion" conspiracy.
Obama illegally used the IRS as a political weapon.
That is much worse than Watergate.
There is video of the Democrats stuffing ballot drop boxes.
There is video of Democrats illegally counting ballots without poll watchers present.
These are the crimes that are the threat to 'democracy.'
Dan Rather is a knuttjob, crackpot cultist, wacko........

Last edited:
There's only one side that intentionally lies to their audience.

Hint: One of their propaganda outlets had to shell out nearly 1 billion dollars due to their blatant lies.

They seem to be back on track for another dose.

"

The dumb bastards eat this lie up. It's embarrassing how ignorant most people in the US are on what form of Government we have. The US is a Constitutional Republic and the Founders where very clear about that. The Constitution mentions the Republic but nowhere in the document does it have the word Democracy.

People have been tricked into thinking if you didn't act or vote a certain way that you are going to lose something the US has never been.

Last edited:
Dan Rather says that "democracy remains under siege."
Dan is right, but it's not the Republicans, it's the Democrats.
Obama and the Dirty Democrats illegally used the FISA court, the DOJ, the CIA and the FBI to try and frame Trump with their totally fabricated "Russian Collusion" conspiracy.
Obama illegally used the IRS as a political weapon.
That is much worse than Watergate.
There is video of the Democrats stuffing ballot drop boxes.
There is video of Democrats illegally counting ballots without poll watchers present.
These are the crimes that are the threat to 'democracy.'
Dan Rather is a knuttjob, crackpot cultist, wacko........
I don’t even think an American can be this stupid, you must be a foreign troll.

That is next level stupid.

The Radical Left's use of censorship to influence the elections is a threat to 'democracy.'

The Censorship Party - WSJ

Feb 25, 2021 · “Democracy dies in darkness,” and all that. Yet that’s exactly what Democrats in Congress did this week, targeting conservative media outlets, but the media reaction …

Democrats Are Becoming the Censorship Party - RealClearPolitics

Jul 26, 2023 · Democrats Are Becoming the Censorship Party. By Betsy McCaughey. July 26, 2023. AP. A Pew Research poll released July 20 found that 70% of Democrats think the government should restrict what ...

Was the Censorship of Hunter Biden's Laptop Your Red-Pill …

Jan 21, 2024 · When the censorship of the laptop story made the news in October 2020, Americans didn't even know about the FBI and CIA complicity, and even then they were angered they'd been lied to—Democrat ...

"

Dan Rather is guilty of providing and defending forged documents lying about former President Bush. Anything he posts us malarkey, as President Biden would say.

The Killian documents controversy (also referred to as Memogate or Rathergate[1][2]) involved six documents containing allegations about President George W. Bush's service in the Texas Air National Guard in 1972–73, allegedly typed in 1973. Dan Rather presented four of these documents[3] as authentic in a 60 Minutes II broadcast aired by CBS on September 8, 2004, less than two months before the 2004 presidential election, but it was later found that CBS had failed to authenticate them.[4][5][6] Several typewriter and typography experts soon concluded that they were forgeries.[7][8] Lieutenant Colonel Bill Burkett provided the documents to CBS, but he claims to have burned the originals after faxing them copies.[9]

"

Steele Dossier
Russian Collusion
It came from the Wet Market and not from the Wuhan Coronavirus Research Institute
Safe and Effective
If you get the Vax you can’t get Covid
No State stopped counting on Election Eve
J6 was worse than Pearl Harbor, 911 and the dinosaur killing asteroid COMBINED!!

Dan Rather is guilty of providing and defending forged documents lying about former President Bush. Anything he posts us malarkey, as President Biden would say.

The Killian documents controversy (also referred to as Memogate or Rathergate[1][2]) involved six documents containing allegations about President George W. Bush's service in the Texas Air National Guard in 1972–73, allegedly typed in 1973. Dan Rather presented four of these documents[3] as authentic in a 60 Minutes II broadcast aired by CBS on September 8, 2004, less than two months before the 2004 presidential election, but it was later found that CBS had failed to authenticate them.[4][5][6] Several typewriter and typography experts soon concluded that they were forgeries.[7][8] Lieutenant Colonel Bill Burkett provided the documents to CBS, but he claims to have burned the originals after faxing them copies.[9]

Ofc Rather is their go to guy

"

It's like quoting Josef Mengele on medical safety

The dumb bastards eat this lie up. It's embarrassing how ignorant most people in the US are on what form of Government we have. The US is a Constitutional Republic and the Founders where very clear about that. The Constitution mentions the Republic but nowhere in the document does it have the word Democracy.

People have been tricked into thinking if you didn't act or vote a certain way that you are going to lose something the US has never been.
FDR is the one who really pushed the term Democracy to describe the USA, and then the Allies fighting the Axis powers.
"Arsenal of Democracy".

Forum List

Back