Police Kill 16-Year-Old Girl

Ah...thanks. So the raw number is 0.7% accused cases (not confirmed...just accused). Even quadrupled its 3%...accused. Not confirmed.

He said 20-40%. Obviously. ..laughable.

The DOJ survey was 900 anonymous cops (about 0.1%) from mainly large urban departments. And...they also said the Blue Wall of Silence...only 1% "stronly agreed" that it was important. Probably the same 1% who are corrupt. And yes...I believe 84% of the others know who the 1% are....and thats where these bad media stories happen.

Sorry Acrapolis...you lose.
Also remember. .."improper conduct" according to cops...includes violations of POLICY...which isnt illegal or corrupt...just not following workplace rules...like sleeping on duty on night shift. Thats misconduct by policy...but not criminal corruption.

Are you fucking kidding me. This is not the point. The point is that neither you nor Asclepias can conclusively prove your claims. Pointing the finger at the other and saying "unfalsifiable" has produced four fucking pages of back-and-forth. You think the data I just set down somehow gives YOU the upper hand?

A surprising 6 in 10 (61 percent) indicated that police officers do not always report even serious criminal violations that involve the abuse of authority by fellow officers.

That would make two-thirds of officers accomplices in criminal activity, which is much larger than even 40%. Yes, the survey only polled a fraction of the larger population. That's how surveys work.

That two-thirds of cops would report being complicit in covering up police brutality in one survey doesn't prove in any conclusive way that most police are corrupt, but it sure as hell blows away any claim that we can dismiss the possibility out of hand.

Ah...thanks. So the raw number is 0.7% accused cases (not confirmed...just accused). Even quadrupled its 3%...accused. Not confirmed.

He said 20-40%. Obviously. ..laughable.

The DOJ survey was 900 anonymous cops (about 0.1%) from mainly large urban departments. And...they also said the Blue Wall of Silence...only 1% "stronly agreed" that it was important. Probably the same 1% who are corrupt. And yes...I believe 84% of the others know who the 1% are....and thats where these bad media stories happen.

Sorry Acrapolis...you lose.
Also remember. .."improper conduct" according to cops...includes violations of POLICY...which isnt illegal or corrupt...just not following workplace rules...like sleeping on duty on night shift. Thats misconduct by policy...but not criminal corruption.

Are you fucking kidding me. This is not the point. The point is that neither you nor Asclepias can conclusively prove your claims. Pointing the finger at the other and saying "unfalsifiable" has produced four fucking pages of back-and-forth. You think the data I just set down somehow gives YOU the upper hand?

A surprising 6 in 10 (61 percent) indicated that police officers do not always report even serious criminal violations that involve the abuse of authority by fellow officers.

That would make two-thirds of officers accomplices in criminal activity, which is much larger than even 40%. Yes, the survey only polled a fraction of the larger population. That's how surveys work.

That two-thirds of cops would report being complicit in covering up police brutality in one survey doesn't prove in any conclusive way that most police are corrupt, but it sure as hell blows away any claim that we can dismiss the possibility out of hand.

No. It proves that the survey of 0.1% of cops who answered anonymously say that.

And as cop haters say....you cant trust what cops say right?? But they trust anonymous answers from a tiny %?

The actual real raw numbers...are on my side. Thats the only real hard evidence we have.

Plus...sample size. As a sociology major we did lots of study on how surveys work.

That was a one time anonymous survey of 0.1% of a group. By scientific standards...basically irrelevant.

Mine? The raw numbers on the behavior of all 800, 000 or so cops...every day all year. The raw numbers on what happened...for every member of the group.

By all measures...I win.

Jessica Hernandez Case Denver officers fatally shoot teenage girl uproar ensues - CBS News

The details are still sketchy. Apparently police in Denver fired on a car of teenagers in a middle-class neighborhood and killed the 16-year-old driver. A lot of people are calling police brutality, but it's too early to tell, IMO. It was at 6:30 in the morning, and the police say that the car was stolen. Also, apparently she drove into one of the cops and hit him in the leg (he was sent to the hospital, no information yet on the extent of his injuries).

Again, I think it's too early to say whether this is part of the larger police brutality problem, but they shot a 16-year-old girl to death, so it's safe to say it will be on the radar for a while.

I do not trust cops at all, and I think the overuse of deadly force needs to come to an end, however, in this case the officers seem to have been warranted in taking the action they did. If you try to run a police officer down with a car, you should expect them to open fire on you.
I've heard the ''driver of the car tried to run a policeman over'' excuse for killing an unarmed driver one too many times to accept this being the case without video proof.... so, I will reserve my opinion until more proof is shown....

Grand theft auto's criminal punishment IS NOT the death penalty, nor is the criminal punishment for a hit and run execution/the death penalty either...

Also, one of the cops often will intentionally get in the way just enough to get a little bump in order to do what they want to do which is shoot the driver.

Let me guess. The police are the ones saying she drove into the cops?

I'm guessing the medical examiners that treated his injury might be able to corroborate their story.
How would they do that if they werent there?

Typically when injuries match what a witness says happened, it helps lend credibility to their version.
Typically the police lie and the medics cover for them. Fools like you believe it out of conditioned response. I dont until they prove it.

Well the fact is the girl was driving a stolen vehicle. Why would I believe that an officer would lie about apprehending a criminal?

You'll get no sympathy from me when it comes to thieves.

Even if it is confirmed it was stolen, how do we know the girl KNEW it was stolen?

I wonder what happened first, the cops started shooting or one of them got hit by the car. Was she even the driver? Why were the cops trying to out muscle a car? Why not park their car behind the suspects car? Were the kids armed?

Yea, how hard would it have been for the police to block her car from driving away in a narrow alley?

A cop shot the girl causing her to loose control of the vehicle, swerve and hit a cop.

I saw no report of a chase. Maybe, the girl saw the flashing lights behind her, thought they were after someone down the alley and tried to get out of their way or wanted to pull up a short distance and park close to the side which allows better access.

I saw no report of a chase. Maybe, the girl saw the flashing lights behind her, thought they were after someone down the alley and tried to get out of their way or wanted to pull up a short distance and park close to the side which allows better access.

Or..maybe she was blind and her passenger was telling her where to steer but her passenger passed out and she thought she heard her say "go" and didnt see the cops!?

The girl was "murdered" by the cops. The cop that got hit by the car got hit when the car went out of control because they had just killed the driver.

According to a chick riding around in a stolen car that was friends with the dead chick.
Not sure if serious.......:dunno:

I agree with the witness that she wasn't trying to run over the police and do not believe a bright-looking young girl would. Is it possible? Anything is possible.

Or..maybe she was blind and her passenger was telling her where to steer but her passenger passed out and she thought she heard her say "go" and didnt see the cops!?

Anything is possible.

The dumbasses in the article said the cops should've used a taser or rubber bullets.....VS A CHARGING VEHICLE.

Folks....just no words for how ignorant our society has become.

They never said against the charging vehicle but obviously meant get the car stopped and get the girl out of it.

The dumbasses in the article said the cops should've used a taser or rubber bullets.....VS A CHARGING VEHICLE.

Folks....just no words for how ignorant our society has become.

They never said against the charging vehicle but obviously meant get the car stopped and get the girl out of it.

Ok. Well...tasers dont stop cars.

Oh really. They did not say they do. They just said that a Taser would have been good, which means get the girl out of the car and Taser her. What idiot would interpret otherwise?

Did the police feel like a 5 year old next to the 16 year old girl? Girls nowadays are crazy strong

No. But in the path of a charging 2,000 pound car...yeah I bet the cop felt some danger.

What if the 16 year old girl...had a gun instead of a car. And pointed a gun at them as she ran towards them. Would that warrant a shot? Shes only a 16 year old girl right????

What if she was a vampire? A 16 year old Vampire?

Ah...so I see you now give up on a serious debate. Your cop hating logic fails...so now its silly time huh.

So can a 16 year old not kill a person???

You call hypotheticals serious debate?

Even better, you call "can a 16 year old not kill a person" a serious question, Mr Serious?

You keep bringing her age up. Cops had no clue who was driving the two ton chunk of steel at them. Its your job to prove why age mattered.

If they are on foot, they know or have an idea who it is, or they would not be coming close. It could be real gang members. Why didn't they attempt to stop it with their car?

"Witnesses"?

What witnesses?

Did you even read the article?
Stop being an asshole. Cops are witnesses in a lot of cases, and a lot more reliable than the "hands up, don't shoot" crowd.

Look dipwad.... the poster --- who is not you anyway -- referred to "witnesses". The story mentions no "witnesses". I called him on it. Cram it up your ass.

Like it or not...you wont have problems with cops unless you are committing crimes or loitering in a high crime area..or acting stupid. And if they do stop you and you arent doing anything. ..99.999% chance if you act calm and rational you'll be left to walk away..

Absolute, one hundred percent bullshit. Not in the real world.

Like it or not...you wont have problems with cops unless you are committing crimes or loitering in a high crime area..or acting stupid. And if they do stop you and you arent doing anything. ..99.999% chance if you act calm and rational you'll be left to walk away..

Absolute, one hundred percent bullshit. Not in the real world.

A whole lot of it depends on what you look like. I almost got sent to a Spanish prison when my partner and I were driving around Europe in the 70s. We had a van and looked like your typical hippies. We had done absolutely nothing, but because we'd been to Morocco and Portugal, and the way we looked, at the Spanish-French border, they pulled us aside, made us leave the van and searched it fully. While they were doing that, a jeep with six military guys sporting automatic rifles pulled up ready to arrest us. When the border patrol didn't find anything in the interior of the van, they put it in the garage and parked it over a pit, then went down below and searched the underneath of the van, sticking poles up into it searching for drugs. The whole thing took about two hours. Finally, they reluctantly sent us on our way.

You don't have to do a damn thing to be stopped by the police. It can simply depend on what you look like. And I tell you, those guys were bound and determined to find something and were clearly disappointed when they didn't.

Last edited:
again. STUPID. these people were not punished sans trial, they were killed in the course of an attempt to apprehend them.
Apprehend people in a car by foot? What if they don't want to be apprehended? Then we just kill them right? When's the "trial" gonna take place? Oh that's right she's already dead. Apprehending, is that the new code word for killing now?

Not wanting to be apprehended, is that the new code word for suicide?

Good god, are you actually trying to look like an idiot?
So basically you want cops to kill everyone that refuses an order.

Do you?
No, I'm not the moron cumming in my pants cause this child got killed.

You appear to be.

Disobeying lawful commands rarely end up well

Betcha knew that, but still you moan

Forum List

Back