Police Kill 16-Year-Old Girl

According to a chick riding around in a stolen car that was friends with the dead chick.
Not sure if serious.......:dunno:

I agree with the witness that she wasn't trying to run over the police and do not believe a bright-looking young girl would. Is it possible? Anything is possible.

If she's so bright what is she doing driving around in a stolen car?
With intelligence like that she may well be dumb enough to try and run over a cop.

Looking bright is not necessarily the same as being bright, of course.

Nevertheless, how many cops do we have shooting people with scanty reasoning, and how many teenage girls do we have running over people? And knowing cops, the odds are greater the witness is telling the truth the cop shot her, making her lose control and hit the cop, than her trying to run them down.

That's an important point, I think, right there. And I don't mean teenage girls getting into car accidents, I mean teenage girls using cars as weapons. We have dozens of examples of the times cops were caught engaging in brutal behavior, do we have anywhere near a comparable number of teen girls intentionally trying to mow people down?
WTF? Are you really as dense as you seem to be? Why on earth would a teenage girl ever need to use a car as a weapon, unless of course they were driving a stolen vehicle, panicked that they may get caught and with lack of experience behind her, make a foolish choice to run a police officer over in order to getaway.

It was a comparison, but you have reduced it to something else.

We don't know that she ran. There is no way to prove she ran. It is more likely, because as you say her lack of experience driving, she did not know exactly what to do and wanted to pull up a little and to the side. Police have stopped dangerous criminals for auto burglary or worse a million times but we almost never see people trying to run them over. The number of questionable police shootings is still far more common than people trying to run them over. And you cannot ignore that these were just kids having fun.

Your simple-minded thinking does not hold water.

I agree with the witness that she wasn't trying to run over the police and do not believe a bright-looking young girl would. Is it possible? Anything is possible.

With intelligence like that she may well be dumb enough to try and run over a cop.

Nevertheless, how many cops do we have shooting people with scanty reasoning, and how many teenage girls do we have running over people? And knowing cops, the odds are greater the witness is telling the truth the cop shot her, making her lose control and hit the cop, than her trying to run them down.

That's an important point, I think, right there. And I don't mean teenage girls getting into car accidents, I mean teenage girls using cars as weapons. We have dozens of examples of the times cops were caught engaging in brutal behavior, do we have anywhere near a comparable number of teen girls intentionally trying to mow people down?
WTF? Are you really as dense as you seem to be? Why on earth would a teenage girl ever need to use a car as a weapon, unless of course they were driving a stolen vehicle, panicked that they may get caught and with lack of experience behind her, make a foolish choice to run a police officer over in order to getaway.

We don't know that she ran. There is no way to prove she ran. It is more likely, because as you say her lack of experience driving, she did not know exactly what to do and wanted to pull up a little and to the side. Police have stopped dangerous criminals for auto burglary or worse a million times but we almost never see people trying to run them over. The number of questionable police shootings is still far more common than people trying to run them over. And you cannot ignore that these were just kids having fun.

Putting the car in drive wasn't her first mistake,but it was her last.
She could obviously see the cop in front of her,so why did she put the car in drive?
That show's the intent to run and she obviously didnt care about the safety of the officer in front of her.

Putting the car in drive wasn't her first mistake,but it was her last.
She could obviously see the cop in front of her,so why did she put the car in drive?
That show's the intent to run and she obviously didnt care about the safety of the officer in front of her.

No, there is nothing illegal about pulling up a little if you are not sure what is going on.

People will go to great lengths to defend the police, even when the answer is staring them right in the face. The witness said the police shot her making her lose control and hit the cop.

Police should not be trying to make a felony stop of a vehicle on foot. They are morons to do so, and sometimes morons play on the freeway.

Last edited:
It is expected that the shooting of a sixteen year-old girl who does not fit the profile of a dangerous criminal will result in the kind of controversy we're seeing here. But such controversy is influenced by current media coverage of police use-of-force incidents.

Even if the police actions in this example were 100% correct and justifiable those actions will be judged on the basis of impressions formed by reportage of current events.

Wrong. Anyone actively trying to steal your property you are allowed to shoot. The officer had an obligation to stop this thief. Just because it was a teenage girl doesn't lessen the response to stop the crime. If it was a 250 pound man I am sure there wouldn't be any uproar.
I believe you are mistaken. I am not aware of any state in which the use of deadly force against a fleeing subject who is not a demonstratedly lethal threat is not prohibited. And a car thief is not a lethal threat.

None of us know for certain what happened in this shooting incident. Police are permitted to use defensive deadly force against a driver who is using a motor vehicle as a weapon. If that was the situation in this example the police were justified in shooting the girl.

But if, as alleged by at least one witness, and by those in this thread who disagree with the police version of what happened, the girl did not attempt to use the vehicle as a weapon but rather was attempting to flee and was shot by an officer as she passed by him, causing her to lose control of the car which then struck another officer, the shooting was not justified.

Once we know which part of the car the kill-shots passed through, where the shooter was positioned, and where on the girl's body she was struck, we will have a clearer picture of what happened. If there is preliminary evidence to suggest the shooting was neither necessary nor justified the family will have no trouble finding a lawyer to work on contingency. Because a win would mean a million dollar judgment and a 50/50 split.

Forum List

Back