Please share some of your health-tips and secrets to longevity.

Best tip for today is to stay away from GMO and pesticide treated foods. Those foods causes an chemical imbalance.
It says in the Bible that bread is for the heart, and which bread has a lot of vitamin B's in it. And grey hair is a sign that you are lacking vitamin B's.
Niacin may cause a person to itch for a moment. But after taking it for a while that the itching feeling goes away. But it help to restore your natural hair color.

I’ve used niacin for years. I’ve leaned to enjoy the flush though generally I take niacinamide, which eliminates the flush. I still have lots of grey hair.
You have to use niacin. The flush free niacin is water down with starch. It has very small amount of niacin in it.
But the flush feeling is the blood flowing into smaller vessels and capillaries rapidly. These vessel expands while the sudden increase of warm blood flows through. The more blood that flows through, the more nutrients goes to the hair follicle. As you get older, these vessel becomes thicker that restricted the flow of blood that passes through these vessels.
But if you already have greys. That it will bring back some of your natural color. But you will see the results in two to three weeks.
But the burning sensation is good. That it is doing its job.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. I know niacin is very good for you and the flushing kind is better for you, than the non-flushing niacinamide.

Make sure that all of your vitamins are Non GMO or organic

Thanks I do. I’ve taken supplements for many years. I know they’ve helped me greatly.

You believe Big Pharma and the establishment. Good luck with that.

No I don't.

Supplements are a waste of money. I don't need Big Pharma to tell me that.

You’re terribly uninformed.

I daresay I know more about diet than the average idiot out there.

For one look at the Blue zones of the world where people live the longest and you'll see that these people don't swallow supplements like candy.

Get your lousy diet under control and you won't need supplements

Best tip for today is to stay away from GMO and pesticide treated foods. Those foods causes an chemical imbalance.
It says in the Bible that bread is for the heart, and which bread has a lot of vitamin B's in it. And grey hair is a sign that you are lacking vitamin B's.
Niacin may cause a person to itch for a moment. But after taking it for a while that the itching feeling goes away. But it help to restore your natural hair color.

I’ve used niacin for years. I’ve leaned to enjoy the flush though generally I take niacinamide, which eliminates the flush. I still have lots of grey hair.
You have to use niacin. The flush free niacin is water down with starch. It has very small amount of niacin in it.
But the flush feeling is the blood flowing into smaller vessels and capillaries rapidly. These vessel expands while the sudden increase of warm blood flows through. The more blood that flows through, the more nutrients goes to the hair follicle. As you get older, these vessel becomes thicker that restricted the flow of blood that passes through these vessels.
But if you already have greys. That it will bring back some of your natural color. But you will see the results in two to three weeks.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. I know niacin is very good for you and the flushing kind is better for you, than the non-flushing niacinamide.

Thanks I do. I’ve taken supplements for many years. I know they’ve helped me greatly.

No I don't.

For one look at the Blue zones of the world where people live the longest and you'll see that these people don't swallow supplements like candy.

You clearly know very little. Spend a few months researching the numerous medical papers and research studies at this site. Then we will continue your education in more depth.
Welcome To Orthomolecular.org

No I don't.

You clearly know very little. Spend a few months researching the numerous medical papers and research studies at this site. Then we will continue your education in more depth.

agenda driven

everything they say you need can be provided by a proper diet

No I don't.

agenda driven

Lol. Fool.

No I don't.

agenda driven

Lol. Fool.

Everything they say you need can be provided by a proper diet.

says the moron who wastes his money on useless pills rather than following a healthy diet

says the moron who wastes his money on useless pills rather than following a healthy diet
Permanent Ban.

Permanent Ban.
OOOOHHH
I'm just fucking crushed

Make sure you take vitamin B-1.

Rapid Response:
Re: Long covid: How to define it and how to manage it
https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3489/rr-3
Dear Editor
The symptoms being reported by COVID long-haulers are the same as the known symptoms of thiamine deficiency disease, otherwise known as beriberi. Fighting the virus necessitates consumption of the body's supply of thiamine. Depending on the initial thiamine status, the outcome could be that the person is asymptomatic if they have a good supply and good nutritional status, or they could be mildly thiamine deficient, which could lead to long-hauler symptoms of beriberi, or, in the case of those particularly vulnerable such as the elderly, they could have a severe deficiency with results such as Wernicke's encephalopathy.

Thiamine is also consumed in the metabolism of sugar and other carbohydrates, thus a poor diet (i.e. the typical western diet) has a role to play in the outcome.

From this, I suggest that, rather than being the result of an extraordinarily virulent and pathogenic virus as seems to be widely believed, the pandemic we are witnessing is actually the result of a combination of a somewhat more severe virus than we have hitherto experienced, and a generally poor state of nutrition in the community as a whole.
Re: Long covid: How to define it and how to manage it

I'm retired but quite healthy and rarely get sick. I honestly can't remember the last time I got a cold and I've never had the flu. I don't eat any wonder foods or drugs, have a couple or three drinks a night. I get outside every day either hiking, biking, running or golfing but don't do anything to excess. Sleep is very important to health IMO. When I was working I probably averaged 6 hours a night but now I stay up late and get 7 or 8 hours.

The reason the thiamine argument is half-assed is because we are not including the thiamine metabolism of the C-19 reservoir in nature for comparison.

First off my diet is awful. It's mostly carbs, fats and with too much salts. I'm a fussy eater and only tend to stick to certain things.

I'm not a meat eater and not massive on vegetables but for something sweet I always fill myself up on fruit or fruit-based things such as yoghurts rather than chocolate, cakes, biscuits etc so that's something I suppose.

My general health is really good though.

About 10-years ago I woke up in the middle of the night and my pillow was soaking wet, couldn't understand why and it was blood. I'd had a bad nosebleed in the middle of the night. When I say bad I mean bad. A lot of blood.

I'd never had a nosebleed in my life.

It happened again the next day. I had my own retail store and it started bleeding really heavy again.

I ran into the office in the back where there was a sink and there was jellied clots coming out that blocked the sink and there must have been a pint of blood in the sink. I phoned an ambulance that took me to hospital. On route they took my blood pressure and never recorded it they thought the machine was broke it was so high. They were amazed I hadn't had a stroke.

In hospital for a week all sorts of testing and eventually a renal expert spoke to me and booked me in for kidney biopsy operation.

When the results from that came back there was some sort of really bad kidney infection I had. I can't even remember the name of it but apparently only 0.5% of the worlds population can contract it and it originated from Soldiers in World War bringing it back from Jungles or something - or something to that effect - it's a bit mad.

Long story short I was at the renal ward in the hospital weekly getting the balance of blood pressure meds correct to get my blood pressure down and when the blood pressure was under control the kidney function improved.

I just go for a yearly check-up for blood work and a chat with the consultant etc. The recent blood work came back a couple of months ago and I'm in the best shape I've been however there's still traces of protein in my urine under the microscope - they don't think that will ever go away but provided it stays at similar levels and doesn't increase drastically then there's not to much to worry about.

However, when the health problem started I was 17.5 stones. I'm not particularly tall at 5 foot 7 but now I'm down to 12 stone.

My routine is jogging 8k every single day (or 6 days from 7) it took the weight off and kept the weight off and I've never been happier. I've got so much confidence as a result I wish I done it years before I started doing it.

I don't deprive myself either I still go out and have a few beers should I want to but I make sure I've run my 8k before it.

I have one cheat night a week where I'll order a takeout meal like pizza or whatever.

Even when I'm on vacation I either book a hotel with a gym or make sure the location of the hotel means I can pound the pavements before heading out for the day.

I'd honestly encourage anyone to take it up if they can. It's worked wonders for my mental wellbeing too (especially in lockdown times)

However the key is to not do too much to begin with. If you do too much you'll sicken yourself and you'll not want to go out running the next day.

Start off small. When I was overweight and had no confidence I started by literally doing 2 minutes 30 seconds on a treadmill which sounds pathetic but it's a start.

I then upped it to a lap of the football pitch.
Then 3 laps.
Then a 20 minute jog/run
and now it takes me 36-minutes to run 8k.

I find the worst part is getting your running gear on and out the door - once you're out you've done the hard part. Sometimes I find it harder to stop than to keep going.

If you're anything like me I used to try and go out at times it was quiet where no one will see me in case they're laughing but I grew out of that and said let them laugh. Be comfortable and happy with what you're doing.

Sorry this is very wordy and a long read but if I can do it anyone can do it. It's the best thing you'll do for many different reasons - physical health, blood pressure, mental health, confidence etc.

I'm 89 and run a 3 to 5 k every day. It's not fast but it is better than any drug available. I also enjoy one can of foreign beer per day.

What works for me:

1. Drink a lot of water
2. 2 cappuccinos every morning
3. Eat real food - no processed crap
4. Enjoy in moderation
5. When imbibing, only wine - no hard liquor
6. Nasal irrigation daily (since I started this, my allergies are much better and I do not get bad colds)
7. Long walks 3 -4 times per week
8. I do take supplements: multi-vitamin, red yeast rice, lysine and niacinamide
9. Early to bed, early to rise (good sleep is essential)

No I don't.

agenda driven

everything they say you need can be provided by a proper diet

People don't know what is a proper diet. It is because Big Pharma will not allow real science to be taught in schools.
When I was a child, that all doctors were into holistic medicines. That they were only teaching patients what foods to eat to help get rid of certain health issues.
Like most heartburn problems is due to yeast or bacteria overgrowth. That it is a sign that those who suffers from it has a unhealthy stomach flora.
But there are ways to balance the flora. Like certain enzymes helps balances it back to normal. And take grapefruit seed extract to help out with the balancing process. That it helps to destroy the excessive amount of yeast that build up in the gut.
But consuming Basmati rice with every meal you eat only helps to absorb the stomach acid. But it doesn't solve the problem. But eating sugar increases the problem.
GMO foods are treated with chemicals that it destroys certain enzymes in the stomach that it causes acid reflux and other gut problems.
Years ago, people knew how to treat certain ailments by using certain herbs and spices and diets. But now very few knows.

https://youtu.be/pc9_TNAIczc

Forum List

Back