Please share some of your health-tips and secrets to longevity.

We again spot connections (dexamethasone) to the Chinese virus when investigating Euell’s purslane, things he did not know:

Portulaca Indoline Amides
’....”longevity vegetable”....attenuated oxidative stress, enhanced cognitive function similar to piracetam....’

Piracetam / Dementia

Dexamethasone has been used to treat C-19.

Indolines / Dexamethasone
’....like dexamethasone, prevented LPS-induced cytokine elevation....’
dexamethasone is just a steroid and like any steriod it suppresses the immune response and reduced inflammation.

It has been used by moutain climbers for along time to treat the effects of high altitude sickness

Apple Cider Vinegar is awful to drink.
It is available in pill form.
appleciderpillsasdasd.jpg

I am a relatively healthy 71 years old and have been "studying" this sort of thing for many decades. Here's what I think:
  • Longevity is 75% genetic, with the other 25% attributable to diet and lifestyle.
  • Keep your weight in a reasonable range, don't smoke, don't drink to excess.
  • Exercise no less than three days per week, for a total of 3-4 hours; do some things that make your heart work (walking on level terrain doesn't meet this requirement). I personally do a session of "interval" training every day, one on a stationary bike and one on the road. Interval is intense exertion for a short period, followed by rest, at least five cycles.
  • Do something every day to maintain flexibility, as well as balance, and part of that routine must involve lying on the ground and getting back up several times.
  • I have never seen any indication that dietary supplements are good for anything. Some of the most unhealthy people I know SWEAR BY THEM!
  • Organic food is no better than "regular" food. In my opinion, there is no scientific proof to justify the extra expense of organic food.
  • I spend a lot of time with very elderly people (I drive a courtesy bus), and NONE of them pay any attention to healthy eating guidelines. They eat lots of red meat, sweets, and only drink water when they are thirsty. What a concept. None of them smoke.
  • Be skeptical but not neurotic about taking prescribed drugs. I take a BP pill and two prostate pills, and these are NECESSARY. Other stuff, I'm not reluctant to tell my doctor, No thanks.
For better or worse, the medical profession seems to have figured out how to survive with obesity. 50 years ago if you were 300 pounds, you didn't live to age 70, now they have drugs that seem to compensate for all that fat. The percentage of fat old people in this country has exploded over the past couple generations, but we are still living longer than ever.

I would be happy to read any scientific studies that support the efficacy of dietary supplements. Every single one of them I've read in the past is either "sponsored" (i.e., self-serving bullshit) or concludes that there is no advantage. Prove me wrong.

#41: “only a steroid’ is poor terminology, since people die via cytokine storm. In post #38 is shown dexamethasone’s similar action to a constituent of purslane. Both attenuate cytokines, and then the dexamethasone is withdrawn in COVID-19 patients due to the danger of continuance.

In post #30, the turmeric in Qunol’s “hydro soluble technology” does what in comparison to liposomal turmeric? It’s doubtful they’ve listed any amounts of active amounts of active constituents, such as cyclocurcumin. What about quality testing, such as is done in Germany? Turmeric is not easily bioavailable, and different batches of

Different batches may contain wildly fluctuating values. How is turmeric made liposomal thus rendering it 100 times more available? This new keyboard takes some getting used to though is better than Apple’s artificial one that comes with the iPad.

A guess would be to soak turmeric in omega-3.

and you can add it to your food as a spice.

supplements are a waste of money
Have you ever eaten turmeric ?
One of these oil capsules would be the equivalent of eating
about 2 pounds of turmeric root, which would kill your digestive system and cost as much as my whole bottle.
My wife has used it for her psoriasis. It has helped greatly, but she still suffers from it.

Only fools think supplements are a waste of money.

Best tip for today is to stay away from GMO and pesticide treated foods. Those foods causes an chemical imbalance.
It says in the Bible that bread is for the heart, and which bread has a lot of vitamin B's in it. And grey hair is a sign that you are lacking vitamin B's.
Niacin may cause a person to itch for a moment. But after taking it for a while that the itching feeling goes away. But it help to restore your natural hair color.

I’ve used niacin for years. I’ve leaned to enjoy the flush though generally I take niacinamide, which eliminates the flush. I still have lots of grey hair.

I am a relatively healthy 71 years old and have been "studying" this sort of thing for many decades. Here's what I think:
  • Longevity is 75% genetic, with the other 25% attributable to diet and lifestyle.
  • Keep your weight in a reasonable range, don't smoke, don't drink to excess.
  • Exercise no less than three days per week, for a total of 3-4 hours; do some things that make your heart work (walking on level terrain doesn't meet this requirement). I personally do a session of "interval" training every day, one on a stationary bike and one on the road. Interval is intense exertion for a short period, followed by rest, at least five cycles.
  • Do something every day to maintain flexibility, as well as balance, and part of that routine must involve lying on the ground and getting back up several times.
  • I have never seen any indication that dietary supplements are good for anything. Some of the most unhealthy people I know SWEAR BY THEM!
  • Organic food is no better than "regular" food. In my opinion, there is no scientific proof to justify the extra expense of organic food.
  • I spend a lot of time with very elderly people (I drive a courtesy bus), and NONE of them pay any attention to healthy eating guidelines. They eat lots of red meat, sweets, and only drink water when they are thirsty. What a concept. None of them smoke.
  • Be skeptical but not neurotic about taking prescribed drugs. I take a BP pill and two prostate pills, and these are NECESSARY. Other stuff, I'm not reluctant to tell my doctor, No thanks.
For better or worse, the medical profession seems to have figured out how to survive with obesity. 50 years ago if you were 300 pounds, you didn't live to age 70, now they have drugs that seem to compensate for all that fat. The percentage of fat old people in this country has exploded over the past couple generations, but we are still living longer than ever.

I would be happy to read any scientific studies that support the efficacy of dietary supplements. Every single one of them I've read in the past is either "sponsored" (i.e., self-serving bullshit) or concludes that there is no advantage. Prove me wrong.
Spend some time here Welcome To Orthomolecular.org

Tons of documented studies going back decades, proving the tremendous benefits of supplements.

Best tip for today is to stay away from GMO and pesticide treated foods. Those foods causes an chemical imbalance.
It says in the Bible that bread is for the heart, and which bread has a lot of vitamin B's in it. And grey hair is a sign that you are lacking vitamin B's.
Niacin may cause a person to itch for a moment. But after taking it for a while that the itching feeling goes away. But it help to restore your natural hair color.

I’ve used niacin for years. I’ve leaned to enjoy the flush though generally I take niacinamide, which eliminates the flush. I still have lots of grey hair.
You have to use niacin. The flush free niacin is water down with starch. It has very small amount of niacin in it.
But the flush feeling is the blood flowing into smaller vessels and capillaries rapidly. These vessel expands while the sudden increase of warm blood flows through. The more blood that flows through, the more nutrients goes to the hair follicle. As you get older, these vessel becomes thicker that restricted the flow of blood that passes through these vessels.
But if you already have greys. That it will bring back some of your natural color. But you will see the results in two to three weeks.
But the burning sensation is good. That it is doing its job.

You have to use niacin. The flush free niacin is water down with starch. It has very small amount of niacin in it.
But the flush feeling is the blood flowing into smaller vessels and capillaries rapidly. These vessel expands while the sudden increase of warm blood flows through. The more blood that flows through, the more nutrients goes to the hair follicle. As you get older, these vessel becomes thicker that restricted the flow of blood that passes through these vessels.
But if you already have greys. That it will bring back some of your natural color. But you will see the results in two to three weeks.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. I know niacin is very good for you and the flushing kind is better for you, than the non-flushing niacinamide.

Thanks. I’ll give it a try. I know niacin is very good for you and the flushing kind is better for you, than the non-flushing niacinamide.

Make sure that all of your vitamins are Non GMO or organic

Thanks I do. I’ve taken supplements for many years. I know they’ve helped me greatly.

Thanks I do. I’ve taken supplements for many years. I know they’ve helped me greatly.

You believe Big Pharma and the establishment. Good luck with that.

No I don't.

Supplements are a waste of money. I don't need Big Pharma to tell me that.

I took Niacin for three days, as suggested by my doctor to increase my "good cholesterol." It was a disaster. Combined with my BP medication it lowered by BP to a level where I passed out and injured myself.

Just sayin'.

I took Niacin for three days, as suggested by my doctor to increase my "good cholesterol." It was a disaster. Combined with my BP medication it lowered by BP to a level where I passed out and injured myself.

Just sayin'.

There is no need to increase "good" cholesterol if you reduce overall cholesterol to under 150

No I don't.

Supplements are a waste of money. I don't need Big Pharma to tell me that.

You’re terribly uninformed.

Just sayin'.
You did it wrong.

Forum List

Back