PLEASE EXPLAIN: How will I get $4000 increase in my income if corporate taxes go down?

What are the corporations going to do with all the money they save?

If history is a guide they will primarily pay it out as dividends to the shareholders.

There are expansionary effects here but THEY COME AT A COST of lowered Federal revenues.

Tax-cut on employee side taxes corporations pay would DIRECTLY reduce costs of labor and would make WAY more sense as far as helping the middle class, but it's simply not what this is about and the pretense is fairly transparent.

Can any explain Trump's claim that a cut in the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 20 percent would boost incomes of U.S. workers by at least $4,000 a year?

The White House Council of Economic Advisers put out a paper this week that says:

"Reducing the statutory federal corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent would, the analysis below suggests, increase average household income in the United States by, very conservatively, $4,000 annually."

I suppose that if you average all of the households in America, and include the millions of dollars that the CEOs from corporations will get as well as the $0 that everyone else gets, it might average out to $4,000.

But I don't see any way that my household income will increase by $4,000.

At this point, Trump is a liar until someone can come forward and prove that he is not.

Here's what has happened in the recent past using profits versus Real Dollar wage growth.
Corporate-Profit-Margins-and-Employee-Compensation-Q2.gif

As we can see, corporate profits have increased dramatically in recent time. At the same time wages have decreased.
So that takes care of that.
Plus, we are still paying for the tax cuts from 2003, that primarily went to the wealthy. Now Trump/GOP will be adding another $1.5 trillion to the National Debt.
Where are the fiscal conservatives?
bush tax cuts.jpg

taxcuts.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to see claims like these, whether made by left or right, be made part of the legislation by making such goal a mandatory requirement within a reasonable number of years. In this case all that is needed is a clause that if average family household income as reported on income taxes does not rise by at least $4000 within 2 years then a sunset provision of the law kicks in and rates go back as they were.

If we had this back then I figure Obamacare would have bit the dust years ago.

Can any explain Trump's claim that a cut in the corporate tax rate from 35 percent to 20 percent would boost incomes of U.S. workers by at least $4,000 a year?

The White House Council of Economic Advisers put out a paper this week that says:

"Reducing the statutory federal corporate tax rate from 35 to 20 percent would, the analysis below suggests, increase average household income in the United States by, very conservatively, $4,000 annually."

I suppose that if you average all of the households in America, and include the millions of dollars that the CEOs from corporations will get as well as the $0 that everyone else gets, it might average out to $4,000.

At this point, Trump is a liar until someone can come forward and prove that he is not.
If you have to ask then you are liberal who doesn't want to hear the answer.
When you find out that you actually do get more money in your take home pay, if you aren't a welfare queen, then you will know where it came from.
View attachment 156822

If it comes it will come from more borrowing and higher deficits and debt.
Obama borrowed 4 trillion dollars from the Federal Reserve while driving up the debt 10 trillion dollars to 19 trillion. Your argument doesn't hold water.

Your claim has nothing to do with my argument.

Note: if the eventual GOP tax plan is ruled revenue neutral by calculations not based on voodoo, I will stand corrected.

That's right, screw those corporations.
Raise their rates even higher.

What could go wrong?

DODGE from the fact that you know $4000 raise for workers is straight bullshit.

it's not impossible that someone's salary might go up from corps paying less taxes, but the connection is strenuous at best considering that corporations pay taxes on NET INCOME and salaries are EXPENSES that get subtracted from it.

Where is the $2500 a year I was supposed to save on my insurance again?

corporations pay taxes on NET INCOME and salaries are EXPENSES that get subtracted from it

You just want to flap your mouth so it looks like you are saying something. You aren't.

Fuck off already.

More flapping.

Here's what has happen in the recent past using profits versus Real Dollar wage growth.
View attachment 156825
As we can see, corporate profits have increased dramatically in recent time. At the same time wages have decreased.
Plus, we are still paying for the tax cuts from 2003, that primarily went to the wealthy. Now Trump/GOP will be adding another $1.5 trillion to the National Debt.
View attachment 156827
View attachment 156829
And who was the president the last 8 years? The same guy who made the RICH, RICHER and made the middle class, much POORER. And he added 10 trillion to the national debt over 8 years, what President Trump proposes could raise it by 1.5 trillion over 10 years. You are quite a stupid bunch of people.

If you have to ask then you are liberal who doesn't want to hear the answer.
When you find out that you actually do get more money in your take home pay, if you aren't a welfare queen, then you will know where it came from.
View attachment 156822

If it comes it will come from more borrowing and higher deficits and debt.
Obama borrowed 4 trillion dollars from the Federal Reserve while driving up the debt 10 trillion dollars to 19 trillion. Your argument doesn't hold water.

Your claim has nothing to do with my argument.

Note: if the eventual GOP tax plan is ruled revenue neutral by calculations not based on voodoo, I will stand corrected.
I cant argue with someone who only has liberal thinking..

liberals-head-up-his-ass.jpg

So, QE isn't "borrowing" from the Federal Reserve, and why do you care so much about debt? You didn't care when Bush doubled the debt before Obama, so why do you suddenly care now?

Do you want to actually walk through some math and learn about corporate taxes, or are you just venting?

I want to know before I waste my time.

Trickle down

They will pass down the saved taxes in higher wages

Didn't your pay get increased the last time we cut taxes?

If you qualified for subsidies, then you would have, on average, saved that much. In fact, that's almost exactly the amount Julie Boonstra saved. You remember her, right? She was the fat, stupid, disgusting, lying, putrid, ugly, diseased sow the Koch brothers put in a commercial who whined about how her insurance costs went up. Only that wasn't true, and she was lying. Her insurance carrier confirmed that she saved $2,400 thanks to Obamacare. When confronted with the reality, Boonstra's response was just that of any Conservative; "I choose to not believe that".

So that's where we're at with Conservatives; they make a claim that isn't true, then chooses to not believe facts. Every. Single. Conservative is like that. There are no exceptions. Conservatives treat belief with more importance than facts.

Pay it back to themselves in the forms of stock buy-backs and/or increase executive compensation. One thing they don't do is increase worker wages.

Here's what has happen in the recent past using profits versus Real Dollar wage growth.
View attachment 156825
View attachment 156827
View attachment 156829
And who was the president the last 8 years? The same guy who made the RICH, RICHER and made the middle class, much POORER. And he added 10 trillion to the national debt over 8 years, what President Trump proposes could raise it by 1.5 trillion over 10 years. You are quite a stupid bunch of people.

What Trump is proposing will raise the debt an ADDITIONAL $1.5 trillion on top of what the debt will automatically increase through declines in revenue, interest and spending

If history is a guide they will primarily pay it out as dividends to the shareholders.

There are expansionary effects here but THEY COME AT A COST of lowered Federal revenues.

Tax-cut on employee side taxes corporations pay would DIRECTLY reduce costs of labor and would make WAY more sense as far as helping the middle class, but it's simply not what this is about and the pretense is fairly transparent.

Excellent!

Tax-cut on employee side taxes corporations pay would DIRECTLY reduce costs of labor and would make WAY more sense as far as helping the middle class

Sounds good. Cut those as well.

Yea, the RICH are not paying their "FAIR SHARE"!!

First of all, the only reason the burden is that high is because you cut taxes. So your tax cuts caused the tax burden to become inequitable. So you are the cause of the thing you are complaining about. Which is basically intellectual masturbation.

Secondly, they may pay a larger share of the burden but their overall tax liability is much less than it was in 1980.

That's right, screw those corporations.
Raise their rates even higher.

What could go wrong?

it's not impossible that someone's salary might go up from corps paying less taxes, but the connection is strenuous at best considering that corporations pay taxes on NET INCOME and salaries are EXPENSES that get subtracted from it.

corporations pay taxes on NET INCOME and salaries are EXPENSES that get subtracted from it

You just want to flap your mouth so it looks like you are saying something. You aren't.

Fuck off already.

More flapping.

Right back at ya!

If you qualified for subsidies, then you would have, on average, saved that much. In fact, that's almost exactly the amount Julie Boonstra saved. You remember her, right? She was the fat, stupid, disgusting, lying, putrid, ugly, diseased sow the Koch brothers put in a commercial who whined about how her insurance costs went up. Only that wasn't true, and she was lying. Her insurance carrier confirmed that she saved $2,400 thanks to Obamacare. When confronted with the reality, Boonstra's response was just that of any Conservative; "I choose to not believe that".

So that's where we're at with Conservatives; they make a claim that isn't true, then chooses to not believe facts. Every. Single. Conservative is like that. There are no exceptions. Conservatives treat belief with more importance than facts.

Pay it back to themselves in the forms of stock buy-backs and/or increase executive compensation. One thing they don't do is increase worker wages.
How would her insurance carrier "confirm" that when it's against the law for them to release any of her personal information?

Forum List

Back