Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

Why do corporations need to donate for workers?
They donate to the political Cause of the Firm regardless of workers.

Because they own the business, if the worker wants to make a donation they do it on their own. If the worker dislikes what the company does with the company's money, he can quit or start their own company.

how is that different from collecting dues from Labor for unions?

The worker needs to make the donation or pay the fee, not the corporation.
the corporation is not paying it, merely collecting it like it does for every other similar cost factor.

Why should the corporation collect it? What it is actually doing is stealing it from the worker for the benefit of the union management.

If unions are such a good thing, why are they so concerned about not being able to take their dues without your consent?

Could it be that unions realize that they don't provide a service to the people and that said people won't pay dues if they have a choice?
do you have a choice how the Firm you provide labor for spends their political contributions?

Nope. It's none of your damn business.

Private corporations do not need to be a collection agency for a union. Let the union be their own collection agency. And the reason you don't want it, is because you know people will try to opt out. Also unions donate to causes that union employees don't want their money to go to.
I believe that is a disingenuous point; how difficult is it to automate payroll data. Firms have to deal with all sorts of distributions.

Why do they need to? The union needs to be responsible for getting their own money. It is not the responsibility of a company to collect for a union. How difficult is it for the union to track their own workers? Oh wait, you think union employees are deadbeats and irresponsible with their money.
The employer has to do it anyway;; however, you may have a good point. Unions should merely hire their own labor and lease them to employers.

The employer isn't a collection agency, they don't pay your car payment or house payment. The worker is responsible for keeping his union membership up to date.
yes, the employer is a collection agency for data and information relevant to any public sector.

Wrong. An employer is not an agency of the government. I know turds like you want them to be, but that is not why businesses exist.

Why is it the governments responsibility to do union deductions?

Let them set up voluntary bill pay through their bank.

Bill pay through your bank costs money. Payroll deduction costs zero for everyone. If my employees want a voluntary deduction made, they log-in to their account and set it up. Cost nothing for everybody.

You need a better bank.

We also need to get rid of withholding income taxes...that is the best tool the politicians have for raising taxes...if you don't see it...you don't get mad...and they just keep raising those taxes....

Seems wrong that an employer can try to squash a Union formed by the employees? Are not unions protected and constitutional/legal?

there is no basis to favor one faction or the other based on ideology over the law; we have a Commerce Clause.

Please quote and show how Article 4, Section to applies to:

A) How does it apply to forcing employer to withhold union dues and pay them to the unions.

B) Force businesses to donate to political causes for employee.
capitalists versus labor. it really is that simple.

Explain it, here it is.

Article 4 Section 2. A Person charged in any State with Treason, Felony, or other Crime, who shall flee from Justice, and be found in another State, shall on Demand of the executive Authority of the State from which he fled, be delivered up, to be removed to the State having Jurisdiction of the Crime.

I think you are full of it.
Special pleading as that form of False Witness bearing, Person on the somewhat religious Right?

The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

If you are going to cite the Constitution please use the correct Article and And Section. If you are going to call me a liar because YOU are wrong then we can end this now.

You are now quoting Article 4 Section 1 not Section 2 as you indicated earlier. No that I showed you you were wrong, you need to apologize to me for accusing me of bearing false witness as it seems you are the one confused.

Section 1 says:
The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

This means a state cannot discriminate against a person of another state. I fail to see your point.
dude; I am not the one appealing to ignorance; The citizens of each state shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of citizens in the several states.

Absolutely correct.
why complain about unions; whiners on the Right?

The money unions donate to political causes isn't their money. That's why.
So, neither is money donated to political Causes by owners or management without voluntary signatories that, that is what Profit is to be Used for with their Labor.

I have no idea what the hell the above is supposed to signify.

Management represents the owners. Deciding how company funds are spent is its responsibility. Labor has no say in how company funds are spent, just as your neighbor has no say in how you spend your pay check. They have no legitimate claim on it.

thank you; i knew you didn't have a clue or a Cause.

Why should a Firm have any say in how union funds are collected or spent?

So, why doesn't management donate on their own instead via any corporate accounts?

They do donate as a business, if the managers want to take their own money and donate they are free to.

I'm not seeing why this is such a difficult concept for you.
yes, as a business or as a union; that is the question. Article 4, Section 2 applies.

How?
there is no basis to favor one faction or the other based on ideology over the law; we have a Commerce Clause.

The commerce clause is not Article 4, Section 2. No matter what article or clause where you find it, the clause doesn't justify anything you claim it justifies.
Yes, it does.

Because they own the business, if the worker wants to make a donation they do it on their own. If the worker dislikes what the company does with the company's money, he can quit or start their own company.

how is that different from collecting dues from Labor for unions?

The worker needs to make the donation or pay the fee, not the corporation.
the corporation is not paying it, merely collecting it like it does for every other similar cost factor.

Why should the corporation collect it? What it is actually doing is stealing it from the worker for the benefit of the union management.
Why shouldn't a Firm collect it if it is in charge of payroll and other deductions?

If unions are such a good thing, why are they so concerned about not being able to take their dues without your consent?

Could it be that unions realize that they don't provide a service to the people and that said people won't pay dues if they have a choice?
do you have a choice how the Firm you provide labor for spends their political contributions?

Nope. It's none of your damn business.
so, why do you care how a firm spends due it collects? hear-say and sooth-say much?

I believe that is a disingenuous point; how difficult is it to automate payroll data. Firms have to deal with all sorts of distributions.

Why do they need to? The union needs to be responsible for getting their own money. It is not the responsibility of a company to collect for a union. How difficult is it for the union to track their own workers? Oh wait, you think union employees are deadbeats and irresponsible with their money.
The employer has to do it anyway;; however, you may have a good point. Unions should merely hire their own labor and lease them to employers.

The employer isn't a collection agency, they don't pay your car payment or house payment. The worker is responsible for keeping his union membership up to date.
yes, the employer is a collection agency for data and information relevant to any public sector.

Wrong. An employer is not an agency of the government. I know turds like you want them to be, but that is not why businesses exist.
A firm doesn't have to be an agency of the government, it just has to collect for everyone not just the favored few.

fullers of fallacy like you never have a clue or a Cause.

We also need to get rid of withholding income taxes...that is the best tool the politicians have for raising taxes...if you don't see it...you don't get mad...and they just keep raising those taxes....
the right doesn't have a problem with that right now; their passion of the moment is to "screw over" unions.

I think it's a good idea to not force the taxpayers to subsidize the DNC through forced dues of public school teachers to the NEA.

But it IS OK to SCREW WORKERS?

I don't see how this screws anyone. You claim they'll have to pay a fee... but no one else has to a pay a fee.... so where do you get that from?

I have my bank electronically pay my condo fee, and they don't charge me a penny to do that. Electricity, Gas, Car Insurance, Internet service, any several others... All paid through the bank, and no fees for anything.

Why would you assume there will be a fee for Unions? My charitable donations are automatic deductions. They don't charge me a fee either?

I think you are just another left-wing fruit cake, making up crap.

Bill pay through your bank costs money. Payroll deduction costs zero for everyone. If my employees want a voluntary deduction made, they log-in to their account and set it up. Cost nothing for everybody.

False. Bill Pay costs me zero. Automatic deduction costs BILLIONS to run through the IRS and government agencies that costs ALL OF US TONS OF MONEY IN TAXES.

You full of crap. Now I know you are fruit.

Q. Why do small government adherents want to have government intervene in a private association between a worker and his or her organization?

a. Hypocrisy

b. Foolishness

c. Stupidity

d. All of the above

I think it's a good idea to not force the taxpayers to subsidize the DNC through forced dues of public school teachers to the NEA.

But it IS OK to SCREW WORKERS?

I don't see how this screws anyone. You claim they'll have to pay a fee... but no one else has to a pay a fee.... so where do you get that from?

I have my bank electronically pay my condo fee, and they don't charge me a penny to do that. Electricity, Gas, Car Insurance, Internet service, any several others... All paid through the bank, and no fees for anything.

Why would you assume there will be a fee for Unions? My charitable donations are automatic deductions. They don't charge me a fee either?

I think you are just another left-wing fruit cake, making up crap.
There is no problem with Firms handling just another deduction; or, is arbitrariness and capriciousness involved when it comes to Labor.

False. Bill Pay costs me zero. Automatic deduction costs BILLIONS to run through the IRS and government agencies that costs ALL OF US TONS OF MONEY IN TAXES.

You full of crap. Now I know you are fruit.
Nope; please cite those costs. in any case, why does the right insist on income taxes in the first place, with their silly wars on silly abstractions such as crime, drugs, poverty, and terror.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back