Plan to ban automatic deduction of public employee union dues clears House panel

Why is it ok for Firms to use funds to lobby elected representatives, that may impact the bottom line of employees and stockholders?

Because the stockholders elect the Board of Directors that in turn decide how to use the funds.

If you don't like the BOD doing things like that then don't buy the stock.

Anything that curtails the power of the greedy filthy unions is always a good thing. They are a destructive force in American and have far too much influence in the American political system.

Absolutely correct.
why complain about unions; whiners on the Right?

The money unions donate to political causes isn't their money. That's why.
So, neither is money donated to political Causes by owners or management without voluntary signatories that, that is what Profit is to be Used for with their Labor.

I have no idea what the hell the above is supposed to signify.

Management represents the owners. Deciding how company funds are spent is its responsibility. Labor has no say in how company funds are spent, just as your neighbor has no say in how you spend your pay check. They have no legitimate claim on it.

thank you; i knew you didn't have a clue or a Cause.

Why should a Firm have any say in how union funds are collected or spent?

They shouldn't so long as the firm isn't being forced to collect them.

Why is it the governments responsibility to do union deductions?

Let them set up voluntary bill pay through their bank.

Bill pay through your bank costs money. Payroll deduction costs zero for everyone. If my employees want a voluntary deduction made, they log-in to their account and set it up. Cost nothing for everybody.

False. Bill Pay costs me zero. Automatic deduction costs BILLIONS to run through the IRS and government agencies that costs ALL OF US TONS OF MONEY IN TAXES.

You full of crap. Now I know you are fruit.
Nope; please cite those costs. in any case, why does th right insist on income taxes in the first place, with their silly wars on silly abstractions such as crime, drugs, poverty, and terror.

The right doesn't insist on income taxes, nimrod. The right wants to abolish the income tax.

Because they own the business, if the worker wants to make a donation they do it on their own. If the worker dislikes what the company does with the company's money, he can quit or start their own company.

how is that different from collecting dues from Labor for unions?

The worker needs to make the donation or pay the fee, not the corporation.
the corporation is not paying it, merely collecting it like it does for every other similar cost factor.

Why should the corporation collect it? What it is actually doing is stealing it from the worker for the benefit of the union management.
Why shouldn't a Firm collect it if it is in charge of payroll and other deductions?

Pay is a contractual arrangement between the firm and its employees. Why should it be forced to do the bidding of a third party?

You really don't have a clue what freedom or property rights are about, do you?

If unions are such a good thing, why are they so concerned about not being able to take their dues without your consent?

Could it be that unions realize that they don't provide a service to the people and that said people won't pay dues if they have a choice?
do you have a choice how the Firm you provide labor for spends their political contributions?

Nope. It's none of your damn business.
so, why do you care how a firm spends due it collects? hear-say and sooth-say much?

Because I don't want any firm I work for taking money out of my check for some special interest group that you happen to favor. If they want my money, then they can ask me for it. If the firm takes it out of my check, that's theft, pure and simple.

Why do they need to? The union needs to be responsible for getting their own money. It is not the responsibility of a company to collect for a union. How difficult is it for the union to track their own workers? Oh wait, you think union employees are deadbeats and irresponsible with their money.
The employer has to do it anyway;; however, you may have a good point. Unions should merely hire their own labor and lease them to employers.

The employer isn't a collection agency, they don't pay your car payment or house payment. The worker is responsible for keeping his union membership up to date.
yes, the employer is a collection agency for data and information relevant to any public sector.

Wrong. An employer is not an agency of the government. I know turds like you want them to be, but that is not why businesses exist.
A firm doesn't have to be an agency of the government, it just has to collect for everyone not just the favored few.

fullers of fallacy like you never have a clue or a Cause.

That makes it an agency of the government, dumbass.

why complain about unions; whiners on the Right?

So, neither is money donated to political Causes by owners or management without voluntary signatories that, that is what Profit is to be Used for with their Labor.

Management represents the owners. Deciding how company funds are spent is its responsibility. Labor has no say in how company funds are spent, just as your neighbor has no say in how you spend your pay check. They have no legitimate claim on it.

Firms are already forced to collect.

We also need to get rid of withholding income taxes...that is the best tool the politicians have for raising taxes...if you don't see it...you don't get mad...and they just keep raising those taxes....
the right doesn't have a problem with that right now; their passion of the moment is to "screw over" unions.
That's sort of like "screwing over" a thief by taking away his stolen loot.

That's wrong also, but it's worse when the firm collects for some third party rather than for the government.

Bill pay through your bank costs money. Payroll deduction costs zero for everyone. If my employees want a voluntary deduction made, they log-in to their account and set it up. Cost nothing for everybody.

False. Bill Pay costs me zero. Automatic deduction costs BILLIONS to run through the IRS and government agencies that costs ALL OF US TONS OF MONEY IN TAXES.

Nope; please cite those costs. in any case, why does th right insist on income taxes in the first place, with their silly wars on silly abstractions such as crime, drugs, poverty, and terror.

The right doesn't insist on income taxes, nimrod. The right wants to abolish the income tax.
only the cognitively dissonant Right wants to keep our silly wars on silly abstractions to practice financing them with our Tax monies via direct forms of taxation. rodnim.

only the cognitively dissonant Right wants to keep our silly wars on silly abstractions to practice financing them with our Tax monies via direct forms of taxation. rodnim.

I have no idea what the above gibberish is intended to signify.

how is that different from collecting dues from Labor for unions?

the corporation is not paying it, merely collecting it like it does for every other similar cost factor.

Why should the corporation collect it? What it is actually doing is stealing it from the worker for the benefit of the union management.
Why shouldn't a Firm collect it if it is in charge of payroll and other deductions?

Pay is a contractual arrangement between the firm and its employees. Why should it be forced to do the bidding of a third party?

Not with collective bargaining; Person on the Right who is habitually, with only a lost clue and a lost Cause. No honest Injuens available for your Cause; it shows in your arguments.

The employer has to do it anyway;; however, you may have a good point. Unions should merely hire their own labor and lease them to employers.

The employer isn't a collection agency, they don't pay your car payment or house payment. The worker is responsible for keeping his union membership up to date.
yes, the employer is a collection agency for data and information relevant to any public sector.

Wrong. An employer is not an agency of the government. I know turds like you want them to be, but that is not why businesses exist.
A firm doesn't have to be an agency of the government, it just has to collect for everyone not just the favored few.

fullers of fallacy like you never have a clue or a Cause.

That makes it an agency of the government, dumbass.
with only your appeal to ignorance?

We also need to get rid of withholding income taxes...that is the best tool the politicians have for raising taxes...if you don't see it...you don't get mad...and they just keep raising those taxes....
the right doesn't have a problem with that right now; their passion of the moment is to "screw over" unions.
unions have more Informed Consent than Firms. :p

That's wrong also, but it's worse when the firm collects for some third party rather than for the government.
it is not wrong; you only have an appeal to ignorance, not a valid rebuttal. want to try and cite some facts, this time; Person on the (habitually disingenuous) Right.

Is there some secret probationary moral regarding false witness bearing for a Lord God or a Lord Satan?

Not with collective bargaining; Person on the Right who is habitually, with only a lost clue and a lost Cause. No honest Injuens available for your Cause; it shows in your arguments.

Collective bargaining is not a voluntary arrangement for the firm or even a lot of the employees. The government forces it on them. If the firm was able to contract with who it liked, it would tell the union to get the fuck out and never come back. Collective bargaining is being forced to do the bidding of a third party.

The firm doesn't consent to anything the union imposes on it, except in the sense that a the victim of a mugging consents to turning over his wallet to the mugger.

it is not wrong; you only have an appeal to ignorance, not a valid rebuttal. want to try and cite some facts, this time; Person on the (habitually disingenuous) Right.

Is there some secret probationary moral regarding false witness bearing for a Lord God or a Lord Satan?

It is right. Union organizing is where unions impose a labor monopoly on an employer. It's not voluntary on the part of the employer and a lot of the employees.

You obviously don't know jack shit about unions and how they operate.

Collective bargaining is not a voluntary arrangement for the firm or even a lot of the employees. The government forces it on them. If the firm was able to contract with who it liked, it would tell the union to get the fuck out and never come back. Collective bargaining is being forced to do the bidding of a third party.
Collective bargaining involves more Informed Consent than simply getting hired on an allegedly at-will basis.

The firm doesn't consent to anything the union imposes on it, except in the sense that a the victim of a mugging consents to turning over his wallet to the mugger.
Collective bargaining is a form of democracy in action; only the Right objects to representation for Labor as the least wealthy.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back