Places of Worship Now Essential Service

Pecking order for decision to open

1. State and local authorities
2. Courts
3. Individual churches
4. Members of the church
5. President

In a first, I actually agree with this. Trump really doesn’t have the authority to override, but he does have the bully pit of the Presidency to advocate for it.
He didn’t advocate, he ordered by this weekend

Well beyond his authority
That pecking order is laughable.

We are not subjects to the crown.

We do NOT need to ask permission to exercise a right government is forbidden from interfering with.

2. Courts
3. Individual churches
4. Members of the church
5. President

In a first, I actually agree with this. Trump really doesn’t have the authority to override, but he does have the bully pit of the Presidency to advocate for it.

We do NOT need to ask permission to exercise a right government is forbidden from interfering with.
You belong to a society and must follow its rules

2. Courts
3. Individual churches
4. Members of the church
5. President

You belong to a society and must follow its rules
The number one rule is that society cannot just nullify the top law of the land. They must follow the rule of change, which means if you want to give government the power to restrict worship, then you will need an Amendment.

Got one handy that has been passed in accordance with THE RULES?

Hmm...You know, I wonder how many Republican ideas can be written in as "necessary of the protection of the people and given the power of "Society must follow the rules."

For the health and benefit of society, we should institute executive orders that require anyone collecting a government check to work on government projects for that money. After all, it is for the betterment of society.

So much tyranny can be had by just saying that "This is a national emergency". After all, no need to justify it with science. We just think we know what is best for you. Do as your told.

Hmm...You know, I wonder how many Republican ideas can be written in as "necessary of the protection of the people and given the power of "Society must follow the rules."

For the health and benefit of society, we should institute executive orders that require anyone collecting a government check to work on government projects for that money. After all, it is for the betterment of society.

So much tyranny can be had by just saying that "This is a national emergency". After all, no need to justify it with science. We just think we know what is best for you. Do as your told.
This is a global emergency well documented by evidence

This is a global emergency well documented by evidence
It has NOT been well document, except for the lies that have been told about it.

The science is coming in and it looks like this was a cold wet dishrag to the face. Not only are the numbers nothing to be afraid of, but the policy has been atrocious.

NOTHING in this so-called pandemic has justified the response we've had to tolerate.

For the health and benefit of society all road speed limits must be 25mph.

For the health and benefit of society all road speed limits must be 25mph.
For the health and benefit of society, a 2000 mile wall, 50 feet tall and manned by welfare recipients at 5-mile intervals must be erected.

April 16th, Trump announced that the governors are going to be in charge of opening their states back up. Apparently, he's changing that because he thinks it looks good for him politically.

First he tells the governors that it's in their hands, now, he's changed his mind and said he's gonna be the one to get things rolling.

"You're gonna call your own shots," Mr. Trump told governors on the call, according to an audio recording obtained by CBS News. "I've gotten to know almost all of you. Most of you I've known and some very well beforehand. You're very capable people. I think in all cases very capable people. And you're gonna be calling your shots. We'll be standing right alongside of you. And we're gonna get our country open, and get it working and our people want to get working."

And, because people can pray and worship at home, churches really aren't required, I'm wondering why in the hell they are considered "essential".
If you have to ask that question..

I feel sorry for you,I really do

I personally don't consider churches to be "essential", because I can pray and talk with God anywhere and anytime I want. Churches aren't required for that. Matter of fact, it was because of churches that I abandoned religion when I was 18. But, a few years later and learning and talking with friends who were smarter than I about it, I came to the realization that no one religion is "right", and that I would get further along my spiritual path if I wasn't weighed down by the dogma of one religion over the other.

That is so sad!

April 16th, Trump announced that the governors are going to be in charge of opening their states back up. Apparently, he's changing that because he thinks it looks good for him politically.

First he tells the governors that it's in their hands, now, he's changed his mind and said he's gonna be the one to get things rolling.

"You're gonna call your own shots," Mr. Trump told governors on the call, according to an audio recording obtained by CBS News. "I've gotten to know almost all of you. Most of you I've known and some very well beforehand. You're very capable people. I think in all cases very capable people. And you're gonna be calling your shots. We'll be standing right alongside of you. And we're gonna get our country open, and get it working and our people want to get working."

And, because people can pray and worship at home, churches really aren't required, I'm wondering why in the hell they are considered "essential".
If you have to ask that question..

I feel sorry for you,I really do

I personally don't consider churches to be "essential", because I can pray and talk with God anywhere and anytime I want. Churches aren't required for that. Matter of fact, it was because of churches that I abandoned religion when I was 18. But, a few years later and learning and talking with friends who were smarter than I about it, I came to the realization that no one religion is "right", and that I would get further along my spiritual path if I wasn't weighed down by the dogma of one religion over the other.

You don't even know what religion is..

The definition is in the Bible James 1:27 (I think) care for widows and orphans...and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world

Interestingly enough, I was orphaned at around 8 when my mother died in a car wreck. And, my room mate is a woman 10 years older than me who was widowed a year or two before I met her. We've been roomies for the past 15 years, and have been taking care of each other. I think we have it covered.

Besides.....................all religions say there is something better and something worse in the next life. They also say that what we do in this one determines what we get in the next. They all have a Creator, they all have a Supreme Deity, and they all have some form of the Golden Rule. All of them. Personally? I think God is like a big huge faceted being, and each religion is a reflection of just one side of Him.

Do you still have your boyfriend on the side?

Where would Donald Plump have the authority to over rule governors?
Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.
No one said DO NOT WORSHIP!
Deflection fail commie. Shutting the churches down is a violation if the BoR.
No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.
Too bad that is not why most churches were forced to close. My church opens this Sunday for the first time since our Bishop closed us down in March.

Where do the Governors get the authority to nullify the US Constitution?

How the hell is the Constitution being nullified? Nobody is stopping them from gathering, they are just wanting them to do it safely. It's not the building that makes the church, it's the people in the congregation.
They shall make no law. YOU, and GOVERNEMENT do NOT get to decide how.

No church can be closed because HOW a person chooses to worship is BEYOND the authority of government.

What laws have been passed? This is a temporary measure designed to keep people safe. Apparently, you're one of the idiots that thinks a church is the building and not the congregation. Sorry, but when Jesus told Peter that He was going to build His church on him, He wasn't talking about the building they met in, He was talking about the people who made up the congregation in worship.

Shutting down churches is a constitutional violation, also called a crime, something you support.
No one said DO NOT WORSHIP!
Deflection fail commie. Shutting the churches down is a violation if the BoR.
No. The rites and rituals of religious worship are not infringed by social distancing.

Actually, they are. There is no way to baptize a baby from 6'
Worship has been conducted on television, in drive-in movie theaters and in cloistered monasteries. On short wave radio, from the hoods of Jeeps near the front, on tailgates of pick up trucks and Conestoga wagons. In cathedrals and basilicas and mosques and synagogues. On the bunks in Treblika and in the aisles of St. Peter's.

There are infinite venues for worship.
None can replace a church, commie. The BoR's GUARANTEES IT!

Where do the Governors get the authority to nullify the US Constitution?

How the hell is the Constitution being nullified? Nobody is stopping them from gathering, they are just wanting them to do it safely. It's not the building that makes the church, it's the people in the congregation.
They shall make no law. YOU, and GOVERNEMENT do NOT get to decide how.

No church can be closed because HOW a person chooses to worship is BEYOND the authority of government.

What laws have been passed? This is a temporary measure designed to keep people safe. Apparently, you're one of the idiots that thinks a church is the building and not the congregation. Sorry, but when Jesus told Peter that He was going to build His church on him, He wasn't talking about the building they met in, He was talking about the people who made up the congregation in worship.
Ist amendment, commie.

Forum List

Back