Place in the USA that you enjoyed visiting.

My wife and I try to go to a different place almost every year (48 years married). A few of the places I/we liked:

Boulder, CO. Just a wonderful college town. Lots of great venues and things to do right in town. All sorts of hiking and biking venues around the town. Great fun climbing a seemingly endless list of mountains and hills. Can't say enough good things.

Asheville, NC. While I like all of NC (beaches, cities, mountains), I really felt like Asheville combines a great college atmosphere, dozens of great hiking trails with climbing to the extent desired, whitewater rafting, great fishing. Don't forget or miss Biltmore.

NYC. While NYC gets a lot of bad press, it is (or was?) just a great place to visit. There is so much to do, you just never run out of options. It is easy to get around, and even walking around Manhattan is a treat. I never had any problems with the locals, or avoiding getting gouged at restaurants and such. Just a fun place to be.

California. There are not enough adjectives to describe all the wonderful venues that this state has. Whether you want to go biking or hiking or skiing, or fishing, visit amusement parks, historical venues, museums, or take advantage of the show-biz culture. The Napa valley is an American treasure even if you don't drink wine (I son't). The scenery is incomparable, if you seek out the most spectacular venues. Community theater and community musical organizations thrive in California. If you want to find things to complain about you can do that, but as a visitor, who would want to do that?

San Antonio. Great town with lots to do, both in town and within a relatively short drive.

Coastal Maine. Great place for summer vacations. The quaint little towns are priceless. Bar Harbor and Mt. Desert Island is a wonderful place to visit. The people are priceless. Tremendous seafaring history and lots of venues that exploit that history and culture. This is not to downgrade the rest of New England, which is also loaded with history and great parks. Cooperstown, NY is worth a visit, coupled with a tour of West Point. Great couple of days.

We also had some great vacations in Canada. From Quebec City to Ontario to Toronto to Vancouver and Victoria Island B.C. Great places to visit. Clean, historical, orderly. A little pricey, but...

The last time that I went to Nashville was in 2000 for my one and only CMA Music Festival only Fan Fair was its name then. That was the final year that it took place at the fairgrounds before it was moved to where it has been ever since. The big question is, will this gathering ever happen again considering the frame of mind that too many people have possessed ever since the pandemic first started?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. I went to the Mall Of America during the summer of 1993. I had just turned 11 years old then. I also got to be at the ball field where the Field Of Dreams film was made during that same trip. The mall was fun. The ball field was just a field surrounded by corn in my opinion.
I ran the Country Music Marathon in Nashville back in 2009. What a great city and just the friendliest people!

Forum List

Back