I feel like a very young Senior Citizen.

I am only 52, but I don have many abilities that Normal People (Normies) have.
When did you first start feeling old? For me, it was when I was flirting with a young waitress. I was using my best stuff. She told me I reminded her of her daddy, and offered me the senior citizens discount. That's when it finally hit that I was too old for that kind of shit.

When did you first start feeling old? For me, it was when I was flirting with a young waitress. I was using my best stuff. She told me I reminded her of her daddy, and offered me the senior citizens discount. That's when it finally hit that I was too old for that kind of shit.
Maybe you shouldn't have dropped your drawers in the middle of the diner.

Maybe you shouldn't have dropped your drawers in the middle of the diner.
I never dropped my drawers, but I don't undo my belt and the top button on my pants any more while I'm at a fancy restaurant.

I finally threw out my Nehru Jacket and bell bottomed pants too. They wouldn't fit around me any more anyway.

Just recently. I guess within the last year. Since the beginning of pandemic I am more immobile then before.

I didn't start feeling old till I grew my COVID beard and they offered me the senior discount for the first time.

I am only 52, but I don have many abilities that Normal People (Normies) have.
A lot of people don't tell their disabilities, Relative Ethics. My late husband was stricken with polio when he was 9 years old, and it caused his right arm to shrivel. When we were dating, I never noticed it until he mentioned it. By that time, It became clear to me that the sincerity, the kindness, and the power of his amazing character were so strong, It flat out didn't matter to me because it's what is in a person's heart that makes him or her who they are. He mentioned having perfect attendance in church (we belong to the same denomination), and while I noticed he did very little reading, he acted like a person who had a kind of behavioral photographic memory that caused him to do the right thing from small things to great ones. He seldom criticized, he never took anything away from someone else, he researched businesses by himself when he invested on the market, refused pay raises twice so the union guys could get a raise in his department, and he was one hundred percent reliable in thought, word, and deed. His interpretation of a book he never read after his church school years was perfectly shown in his kindly behaviors, his honesty, and every good personal trait you could think of and then some. It wasn't fair, but his dementia began in his mid 60s, and there was no way to tell it from common errors. Forgot to turn left to get to a favorite restaurant or store, at first, one every couple of months for a few years, then slightly more frequently for 5 years, with the downhill snowball growing larger started a year or so before he passed away.

Anyway, my point is never once did his right arm ever bother me because the handsome part of him was his kindness, an amazing sense of humor that he made certain would get a laugh out of me at least once or twice a day until the snowballing of his loss of mind started. Most of our 44 years together was me admiring his integrity and kindness to me and everyone else he knew. He practiced goodness and excellence as disciplined as an Olympic gold medalist earned that gold medal performance. He made other people's lives fun,
and my life well worth living out to be over a hundred when it's my turn to die.

I don't know what your feeling is that you somehow are not normal, but every effort you make to being "normal" will likely work. Just sayin' :thup:

Forum List

Back