Pitbulls...

I happen to be a decent person, thank you very much.

Not according to how you've presented yourself here. Not even close.

In your opinion.

You have some blessedly funky dogs down your way.

When I first got on the net..............whoa geeze way back when and in the catahoula world I rarely stepped outside it except for this great place for dog chat.

I met a guy who had the most amazing and wonderous shepherd aussie shep guys not to be mistaken for a german who all she ever wanted to do was herd something.

:lol:

I kept telling him Sally had to have something to herd. At this point she was trying to herd the planes coming in and out of his space. I was losing my ridgeback Ripley at the time so I guess Sally was my girl dreaming to herd planes.

Sally kept me going all thru those darkest days. The pilots never knew it but that dog kept herding them.

And she kept me alive in spirit.

You are an interesting lot. Pity you have such a quarantine on beasties. Or I would have been down lickety split decades ago.

I just can't give up my babies to a 6 month wait time. And it's most insulting that the government would do that to a sanctioned pet versus...................well you can fill in the blank.

Pit Bulls are fine dogs. You just have to know how to be around them. It is a fact, that many out there now Close to all of them have suffred some form of abuse from haveing to fight, to just plane old neglect. Even most of thees dogs come back to be fine family dogs. Some, are just psycho crazy dogs that need.to be put to sleep for their own good. In reality, pits are no more dangerous then any other dog. What I find shocking, is that so many will get sucked into such deep fear by a media that on any other topic would be considred biased and dishonest. Kind of shows how much of our critical this king has been hamded over to the powers that be.

Pit Bulls are fine dogs. You just have to know how to be around them. It is a fact, that many out there now Close to all of them have suffred some form of abuse from haveing to fight, to just plane old neglect. Even most of thees dogs come back to be fine family dogs. Some, are just psycho crazy dogs that need.to be put to sleep for their own good. In reality, pits are no more dangerous then any other dog. What I find shocking, is that so many will get sucked into such deep fear by a media that on any other topic would be considred biased and dishonest. Kind of shows how much of our critical this king has been hamded over to the powers that be.

You don't know shit. Ignorant people like you need to educate yourself before you open your pie hole. When any other dog has a bad day, somebody can get hurt; when a pit bull has a bad day, somebody can get killed or maimed. Pit bulls don't 'bite', they attack.

By 1993 pit bulls kept as pets, exclusive of dogs trained to fight, already accounted for more than half of all life-threatening dog attacks. Rottweilers accounted for 20%. Over the past decade the number of life-threatening pit bull attacks was up 789%; attacks on children were up 876%; attacks on adults were up 490%; fatalities were up 388%; and maimings were up 1269%. The percentage of total life-threatening dog attacks committed by pit bulls did not go up only because the number of life-threatening Rottweiler attacks leaped 2000%; attacks on children were up 1000%; attacks on adults were up 1700%; fatalies were up 2500%; and maimings were up 2500%. Rottweilers now account for 25% of all life-threateningdog attacks.

No other common breeds present an even remotely comparable actuarial risk factor. Yet among all the major U.S. animal advocacy groups, only PETA has favored a breed-specific approach to dog regulation.

The list for why pitbulls are dangerous, in numbers:

$92.7 million – Dog bite claims totaled $92.7 million for 2,400 claims in California (Insurance Information Institute, 2011). Source.
$500,000 – The typical cost of settlements in attacks by pit bulls and Rottweilers causing death or serious injury is an average of a half million dollars. The amount of $29,396 was the average cost of a dog bite case in 2011. Source.

3000 % - Pit bulls and Rottweilers do three times more killing and maiming than all other dogs combined, meaning that their actuarial risk is approximately 3000% higher than that of the average dog. Source.

2,500 – More than 2,500 times higher risk of killing than Labradors. Source.

789% – Over the past decade, there was an increase of 789% in the number of life-threatening pit bull attacks (attacks on children were up 876%; attacks on adults were up 490%; fatalities were up 388%; and maimings were up 1269%.). Source.

66% – 80% – Over 2/3 (66% – 80%) of the pit bulls who end up at the shelter are surrendered by their owners. Source.

65% – Pit bulls are responsible for 65 percent of all fatal dog attacks nationally. Source.

58% – Fifty eight percent of dogs euthanized at shelters are pit bull types.

44% – Forty four percent of Seeing Eye teams have reported being attacked by other dogs. Source.

25% – A fourth of all dog bite claims were by due to pit bull bites. Source.

14 – Every fourteen days, someone in the U.S. is killed by a pit bull.

14 – Pitbuls are fourteen times more likely to escape their confines. Source.

11th – Eleventh in popularity – *American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers, ranked 11th in popularity among 16 AKC-registered breeds and had by far the highest risk of killing — more than 2,500 times higher than Labs. Source.

9 – Owners of dangerous breeds are more than 9 times more likely to have been convicted for a crime involving children and more than Source.

8 – Eight times more likely to have been charged with drug crimes than owners of low-risked licensed dogs. Source.

6 – Six times more likely to kill their owners. Source.

5.4 – Every 5.4. days, a body part is severed and lost in a pit bull attack . Source.

3 – Owners of dangerous dogs are more than three times more likely to have been convicted of domestic abuse. Source.

1/3 of all home insurance claims are dog bites (25% of them, pit bull bites). Source.

3 – It is estimated that pit bull type dogs represent 3% of the total population of dogs in the U.S.A.. Source.

1 - The Leading biters in 25 states. Source.

1 – The Leading biters, nationally. Source.

1 - Leading in deaths and serious disfigurements and maimings. Source.

(U.S. statistics only)

So, is there any way a decent person would deny that Pitbulls ARE dangerous dogs? No, there isn’t.

I once kept Shepherds more for their intimidation potential than any protection I needed from them. That changed one night when a black guy at a gas station was handing me a pack of cigarettes through the car window and the male shepherd grabbed his wrist from the back seat. I had to scram because I was carrying a significant amount of contraband at the time and could not be interviewed by police. Suffice to say the dog in question was no longer a threat...he was a dangerous dog I could no longer trust. I kept him but he was given regular attitude adjustments about who would choose any future targets...him or me. I called the guy at the gas station, apologize for what had happened, assured him the beast had it's rabies shots, and mailed him a cashiers check for $500 which he thanks me profusely for. When owning a dog who can do serious damage to a human, I would strongly advise losing the buzz of having mayhem at the end of your leash and be very careful about being out and around with it. When the dog does what you have not wanted the dog to do, you'll have some real consequences to deal with.

You don't know shit. Ignorant people like you need to educate yourself before you open your pie hole. When any other dog has a bad day, somebody can get hurt; when a pit bull has a bad day, somebody can get killed or maimed. Pit bulls don't 'bite', they attack.

By 1993 pit bulls kept as pets, exclusive of dogs trained to fight, already accounted for more than half of all life-threatening dog attacks. Rottweilers accounted for 20%. Over the past decade the number of life-threatening pit bull attacks was up 789%; attacks on children were up 876%; attacks on adults were up 490%; fatalities were up 388%; and maimings were up 1269%. The percentage of total life-threatening dog attacks committed by pit bulls did not go up only because the number of life-threatening Rottweiler attacks leaped 2000%; attacks on children were up 1000%; attacks on adults were up 1700%; fatalies were up 2500%; and maimings were up 2500%. Rottweilers now account for 25% of all life-threateningdog attacks.

No other common breeds present an even remotely comparable actuarial risk factor. Yet among all the major U.S. animal advocacy groups, only PETA has favored a breed-specific approach to dog regulation.

$92.7 million – Dog bite claims totaled $92.7 million for 2,400 claims in California (Insurance Information Institute, 2011). Source.
$500,000 – The typical cost of settlements in attacks by pit bulls and Rottweilers causing death or serious injury is an average of a half million dollars. The amount of $29,396 was the average cost of a dog bite case in 2011. Source.

3000 % - Pit bulls and Rottweilers do three times more killing and maiming than all other dogs combined, meaning that their actuarial risk is approximately 3000% higher than that of the average dog. Source.

789% – Over the past decade, there was an increase of 789% in the number of life-threatening pit bull attacks (attacks on children were up 876%; attacks on adults were up 490%; fatalities were up 388%; and maimings were up 1269%.). Source.

66% – 80% – Over 2/3 (66% – 80%) of the pit bulls who end up at the shelter are surrendered by their owners. Source.

65% – Pit bulls are responsible for 65 percent of all fatal dog attacks nationally. Source.

44% – Forty four percent of Seeing Eye teams have reported being attacked by other dogs. Source.

11th – Eleventh in popularity – *American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers, ranked 11th in popularity among 16 AKC-registered breeds and had by far the highest risk of killing — more than 2,500 times higher than Labs. Source.

9 – Owners of dangerous breeds are more than 9 times more likely to have been convicted for a crime involving children and more than Source.

8 – Eight times more likely to have been charged with drug crimes than owners of low-risked licensed dogs. Source.

5.4 – Every 5.4. days, a body part is severed and lost in a pit bull attack . Source.

3 – Owners of dangerous dogs are more than three times more likely to have been convicted of domestic abuse. Source.

1/3 of all home insurance claims are dog bites (25% of them, pit bull bites). Source.

3 – It is estimated that pit bull type dogs represent 3% of the total population of dogs in the U.S.A.. Source.

(U.S. statistics only)

So, is there any way a decent person would deny that Pitbulls ARE dangerous dogs? No, there isn’t.

All dogs are dangerous according to their size and power.

However, keep in mind the stats are gathered via newspaper articles...and the press doesn't know a pit from a hole in the wall.

Snoop goes everywhere with me, and gas station attendants regularly reach into the car to receive $$ from me. We exchange it over his head. The local gas station attendants, McDonald's drive through workers and the ladies who take money at the dump all know him and give him treats.

It's all about preparation, exposure, and controlling the situation at all times, so that in those situations where you don't necessarily have control, the dog still knows what is expected.

I deliberately reach over the dog to pay people, so that on those occasions when one reaches in without thinking, he doesn't jump them.

And he doesn't, because of course that has happened.

The time that snoop got out of my car, he didn't cause any problems, and I didn't have to pay any fines. I had forgotten the back window was open and parked my car, and when I came out of the building he was gone.

The police picked him up right away, he went willingly and docilely with them. He didn't attack any people or animals, he didn't cause any problems. Because he's a good dog.

I work in the home-security industry and have found that most dogs will protect their owners but few are much at protecting the property. Keep in mind I usually get there the morning after....sometimes to find a house trashed, sometimes finding blood splatter, sometimes finding the dog missing along with the guns and jewelry. For the most part, a smart burglar can befriend most dogs by not showing any fear and having a pocket full of treats. The dog is alone, bored, and actually welcomes a new companion....especially that gives him treats. Again, the german breeds seem to be the most reliable at defending property when properly trained...ie being told to "watch the house, boy". Our bane is the doggy-door....more burglars come in through those damn things than you'd ever imagine and we to this day do not have a reliable way to defend it. Sliders are #2....I could teach you how to go through a locked patio door in under ten seconds....ask your security provider how to prevent it.

(U.S. statistics only)

First, fo fuck your self retard, and lap up your main stream media bullshit all you want. It only proves my point that indepemdent thought is dead. Thank you. So, is there any way a decent person can deny you aren't a dangerois person ?

I work in the home-security industry and have found that most dogs will protect their owners but few are much at protecting the property. Keep in mind I usually get there the morning after....sometimes to find a house trashed, sometimes finding blood splatter, sometimes finding the dog missing along with the guns and jewelry. For the most part, a smart burglar can befriend most dogs by not showing any fear and having a pocket full of treats. The dog is alone, bored, and actually welcomes a new companion....especially that gives him treats. Again, the german breeds seem to be the most reliable at defending property when properly trained...ie being told to "watch the house, boy". Our bane is the doggy-door....more burglars come in through those damn things than you'd ever imagine and we to this day do not have a reliable way to defend it. Sliders are #2....I could teach you how to go through a locked patio door in under ten seconds....ask your security provider how to prevent it.

Fake security expert to. Soumd like Dougher sock to me.

Fake security expert to. Soumd like Dougher sock to me.

A ratty, smelly sock at that.

You can't take anything that poseur says as true. About the only thing we know about him that's true is that he's scared of dogs.

Incidentally....I have Unkotare (UnKotex) on iggy since he/she proved they are nothing more than a pissant e-stalking coward who was given an invite to call me names face to face and declined over and over again. Any insults spewing out that smelly ass remain unknown to me.

I'd have to agree with most of this. Dogs can be bribed even well trained dogs Hell I can bust through a patio sliding door in less than 5 seconds. it will be noisy as hell but a 4 pound hammer can do a lot of damage to glass :lol:

I'd have to agree with most of this. Dogs can be bribed even well trained dogs Hell I can bust through a patio sliding door in less than 5 seconds. it will be noisy as hell but a 4 pound hammer can do a lot of damage to glass :lol:

:lol: My way involves much less damage (none) and is quiet. I've had a few potential customers ask "how does the system keep YOU out".....believe it or not, I'm glad they ask instead of declining our services because they think I look a little sketchy despite the shirt and tie, picture ID, and mulitple FBI background checks required...gets it out in the open. Buyer beware but don't be stupid....even the tech who installs your security system can't beat it.

Last edited:
Incidentally....I have Unkotare (UnKotex) on iggy since he/she proved they are nothing more than a pissant e-stalking coward who was given an invite to call me names face to face and declined over and over again. Any insults spewing out that smelly ass remain unknown to me.

Since this internet tough-guy wannabe does nothing but post lies and poor fiction, I reckon he probably has me on "ignore" in the Poet fashion of not actually ignoring. He's a ridiculous clown who seems to get off on posting his stupid little stories here.

:lol: My way involves much less damage (none) and is quiet. I've had a few potential customers ask "how does the system keep YOU out".....believe it or not, I'm glad they ask instead of declining our services because they think I look a little sketchy despite the shirt and tie, picture ID, and mulitple FBI background checks required...gets it out in the open. Buyer beware but don't be stupid....even the tech who installs your security system can't beat it.

If I'm going in someones home I am not going to care what damage is done. On second thought I may use some dutch tape or painter tape to make the braking glass a little more quite.

Since this internet tough-guy wannabe does nothing but post lies and poor fiction, I reckon he probably has me on "ignore" in the Poet fashion of not actually ignoring. He's a ridiculous clown who seems to get off on posting his stupid little stories here.

Whether he is or is not what he says that he is, for this one post in this thread what he said was some what correct.

If I'm going in someones home I am not going to care what damage is done. On second thought I may use some dutch tape or painter tape to make the braking glass a little more quite.

Burglars who don't get caught leave little to chance.....they watch and learn behavior patterns, they know how an alarm system works and if there is power and land-line telephone service. They can tell by the pet food bowls out on the patio what type of beast lives within. If there's a cat, the motion-detector will be disabled. If there's a dog they'll do a meet and greet over the fence to take it's temperature (apt to defend or not). They'll leave the house undisturbed....in fact the better ones leave it so undisturbed, the owners may not know they've been robbed for hours, even days. They may operate in the open with a phony company name on a panel truck. They may have scored local utility uniforms from a pal at a dry cleaning business.....and once inside they will usually walk the floors with a pistol in their hand...so keep that in mind if you're prone to go John Wayne over unexpected guests.

p.s. I'm not "somewhat right"....I am exactly right....I been in this game a long time.

(U.S. statistics only)

First, fo fuck your self retard, and lap up your main stream media bullshit all you want. It only proves my point that indepemdent thought is dead. Thank you. So, is there any way a decent person can deny you aren't a dangerois person ?

Listen you little pea brain. I grew up always having at least one dog and have owned dogs for over 60 years. I was personally attacked by my own pit bull in my living room. What did I do to trigger the attack? My wife dusted the cabinet in the dining room and left Buddy's leash on the carpet. When I went to pick it up, Buddy rushed over and started to growl. I gave him a sit command, he sat. I put up a 'halt' sign and told Buddy it was ok. When I walked away he charged me, leaping through the air he latched on to my left arm. I swung him off of me, and he charged and got my right arm. Blood was spurting out of my arm. Then he latched on to my hand. I yelled for help. My son tried to get Buddy off me. He couldn't stop him. Then Buddy ripped into my right leg (I had shorts on) When he was through my femur was exposed. I finally grabbed him around the neck and fell on top of him and held on for dear life. My son was then able to grab Buddy and I got away, my wife called 911.

There is no doubt in mind that if I had been home alone my family would have found a corpse.

So don't go spouting off on things you know nothing about. The number don't lie you ignorant asshole. Did I suddenly become a 'bad' dog owner? Or maybe I just wanted the femur in my right leg exposed, and blood gushing from my leg and both arms?

Maybe you can ask Darla Napora who is a huge pit bull advocate...oh that's right, you can't...

When any other dog has a bad day, somebody can get hurt; when a pit bull has a bad day, somebody can get killed or maimed. Pit bulls don't 'bite', they attack.

Pregnant woman mauled to death by family pit bull was in campaign group arguing that the animals are safe

• Victim was member of 'Dog Lovers Responsible About Pit Bulls'

• Husband: 'She will be buried with killer dog'

• Two-year-old pitbull terrier shot after charging at police

• Husband finds Darla Napora's body drenched in blood

• Victim suffered dozens of bites to her body and face

article-0-0D78D8B500000578-230_468x286.jpg

A pregnant woman who was mauled to death by one of her pet pit bull terriers belonged to group campaigning to convince people that the animals aren't dangerous, it has emerged.

Darla Napora, 32, was bitten dozens of times and found by her husband Greg covered in blood outstretched on their living room floor in Pacifica, California.

Police say the two-year-old unneutered pit bull believed to be responsible was hovering around the woman, who had major injuries to her upper body and face.

It has since emerged Napora was a member of Bay Area Dog Lovers Responsible About Pit Bulls, a group that does its best to convince people that pit bulls aren't really that dangerous.

'When they arrived, they found the victim laying in her own front living room; she was not breathing, unresponsive and had major trauma to her upper body,' said Pacifica Police Captain Dave Bretini.

'The husband stated that when he got home, at about noon, he found his wife with their pit bull hovering over her.'

Police shot the pit bull terrier, similar to the one pictured, dead as it tried to escape from the Napora's back garden

Police shot the blood covered animal dead as it tried to escape from the back garden whilst officers conducted their investigation.

'The last thing we wanted to happen was for the dog to get out and start attacking bystanders or be loose in the neighbourhood,' Bertini said.

Read more: Darla Napora: Pregnant woman dies after being mauled by pet dog in living room | Mail Online

Last edited:

Forum List

Back