Pitbulls...

what a horrible story.....i own dobermans....i cannot imagine my dog attacking me....i could wrap my arm in bacon and he might nibble a bit....but to do this....

"Still, pit bulls, although they have legions of admirers, have killed and maimed countless times before. The most recent pit bull death occurred last week in Kernersville, N.C., when 25-year-old Katherine Atkins was set upon by her two dogs while she was attempting to feed them. She had owned the dogs since they were puppies, Kernersville police said.

And last month, 5-year-old Jason Ryan, of Baker City, Ore., was set upon by a neighbor's pit bull. He died in the ambulance. In September, two toddlers were mauled to death by pit bulls, one in Colton, Calif., the other in Gilbert, Ariz."

^That's what's troubling to me... And it's not just Pitbulls that I don't Trust around my kids, I don't Trust any Dogs around my Kids.

I have Personally known (2) Girls who have been Permanently Scared in the Face by Family Dogs and one of my Wife's Teammates a few years back had their German Shepherd attack their Baby...

Sick thing in that Case, the Police allowed the Dog to stay and the "Man" of the House won out of the Wife about the Dog staying... The dog remains in the Home.

I just don't Trust Animals... I understand the Appeal, but the Attacks I have seen in my Life leave me with little want or need to Expose Defenseless Children to them.

Hell, look what these Dogs have done to their Adult Owners?

To each their own, I just don't Trust Animals.

:)

peace...

o hush i already got my dob on lock down due to problems with the neighboring kids....he went over and amused himself by barking at the kids at the damn bus stop till they ran home crying....i got a phone call immediately and i was glad to get that over a gunshot.....and then a phone call...i never leave any of my dogs with small kids.....never....i just dont like the chances or the odds...the kid aint gonna win

plus thor does this typical doberman thing where he can whip his body back and forth....in the air....its like a bowling ball when he hits a small group of kids....they just fly this way and that....so its best for him to not be around kids....

my dogs are on lock down from 7 am to 7:30 am and then 3 pm to 3:30 pm and any other time the neighbors are having parties etc...we all have dogs.....just about everyone on the creek has dogs...so we work hard to keep the peace

o hush i already got my dob on lock down due to problems with the neighboring kids....he went over and amused himself by barking at the kids at the damn bus stop till they ran home crying....i got a phone call immediately and i was glad to get that over a gunshot.....and then a phone call...i never leave any of my dogs with small kids.....never....i just dont like the chances or the odds...the kid aint gonna win

plus thor does this typical doberman thing where he can whip his body back and forth....in the air....its like a bowling ball when he hits a small group of kids....they just fly this way and that....so its best for him to not be around kids....

my dogs are on lock down from 7 am to 7:30 am and then 3 pm to 3:30 pm and any other time the neighbors are having parties etc...we all have dogs.....just about everyone on the creek has dogs...so we work hard to keep the peace

I grew up with dogs... Had a Shar Pei last... I was about 16... She was Family. Her name was Mink. I don't Hate animals, quite the contrary... Wish I was so deathly allergic to cats... But when it comes to kids and animals, I am hard line on that.

I'll send you something PM...

peace...

no parent should put a child at risk...leaving kids alone with any sized dog is a risk..but with a large dog...that can do damage in seconds its just foolish...

My daughter has a pit bull. Biggest baby ever. Very sweet dog.

That said, he is also strong has hell, has a super high pain tolerance, and is very protective of his owner. All typical pit attributes.

It takes a better owner for a pit than for a lab or basset hound. Pity so many owners are not up to the task.

The statistics don't lie....Pits kill on the average of 66 humans a year, over double the number Rottweillers kill....Rotties are notorious for years of being docile and then suddenly exploding into a murderous attack on whoever is handy. Dobermans are way down on the list at 17. I'd link my numbers but I can't find the article....it was written by a veternarian with no agenda, just a heads-up on dangerous breeds. I consider being menaced by an aggressive dog the same as pointing a pistol at me....I make it vividly clear to the owner I will cut their dog's throat....and then beat the living shit out of them for instigating the attack.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
My wife and I was was attacked at a car lot by a rottwiler, both of us were bit multible times, mine required stitches, luckily the owner of the dog was there to pull him off me. Off course he said he was surpised that the dog attacked . the dog never barked once. Then we found out that the dog did not have its rabie shots up to date and had attacked two other people. We had to sue the owner for the emergency room bills. The dog was finally put down by the owner, he could not afford any more law suits.

I have absolutley no use for Rottwilers, Pit bulls, chows and other agreesive breeds. If they come onto to my prperty or threaten me or mine in anyway, I will shoot them down. Take that to the bank.

The statistics don't lie....Pits kill on the average of 66 humans a year, over double the number Rottweillers kill....Rotties are notorious for years of being docile and then suddenly exploding into a murderous attack on whoever is handy. Dobermans are way down on the list at 17. I'd link my numbers but I can't find the article....it was written by a veternarian with no agenda, just a heads-up on dangerous breeds. I consider being menaced by an aggressive dog the same as pointing a pistol at me....I make it vividly clear to the owner I will cut their dog's throat....and then beat the living shit out of them for instigating the attack.

I can tell you this, if a dog attacked any of my Children it would not Live and the Owners would have VERY Serious Issues with me.

You take the Responsibility of the Animal when you Decide to make it your Pet.

ALL of it's Actions.

Reminds me of the dbags to the South of me with the Yappy little dogs... Real Fuckstains...

Westminster Animal Control paid them a visit a few years ago and found they were not tagged or had shots...

Guy has the balls to ask me if I called them because "it cost me a lot money to get that shit done, man"... Yeah?... Fuck you. :thup:

He's a former Sureño and I had a DPD GU Officer in my Garage the time.

Stupid Motherfucker.

Still my Neighbors though... Although I believe he has Abandoned his 6 or 7 kids once a again for the Jail Cell.

He's AWESOME! :thup:

/end rant.

peace...

But when it comes to kids and animals, I am hard line on that.

I agree completely.

After most of these vicious attacks, someone says, 'I don't know. He was always fine before'. And, people line up to say how wonderful their own dog are how they wouldn't hurt a fly and how they love the kids.

I live on a lake in a very rural area. Most of the homes are vacant much of the year and its not uncommon for me not to see anyone for days at a time. Other year round people let their dogs run loose including three pits that I sometimes see when I walk to the mailbox. This is a very backward red state and there is no leash law in the county. The last time it came up for a vote, idiots carried signs about the "nanny state".

It will take an attack like this, probably resulting in lawsuits, before we'll get a leash law.

People are just plain stupid.

I have Chihuahuas and Shelties I found both thought to be great with kids and that is where I draw the line myself. While I love animals there are limits to what I would have based on the probability that the dog would attack another. Don't need them for protection as I have been told there was no meaner dog than I.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

Pit Bulls are the "Breed du Jour" to beat up on.

I know plenty of pit bull owners that never had trouble with their dogs.

Generally if you dig a bit into the stories? You find that the dog was abused at some point. Not necessarily by the present owner.

Linked from the OP -

Nick Santino Commits Suicide After Euthanizing Dog

Last week, soap opera actor Nick Santino euthanized his beloved five-year-old Pit Bull, Rocco — a decision that he said was forced on him by his New York condo board, which has a policy that bans residents from owning the breed.

Just hours later, Santino took his own life, writing that he had “betrayed his best friend,” reported the NY Post. “Rocco trusted me, and I failed him. He didn’t deserve this.”

A board member told the newspaper that Santino’s death had “nothing to do with the pet policy.” Apparently, the dog had been grandfathered in and wasn't subject to the policy, but Santino claimed that he'd been harassed about the dog by members of the board.
Punishing a Much Maligned Breed

Santino’s actions of euthanizing a healthy dog and then committing suicide may be hard for many people to understand, but bans of so-called "dangerous breeds" often leave owners of healthy and nonaggressive Pit Bull–type dogs in heartbreaking situations.

My wife and I was was attacked at a car lot by a rottwiler, both of us were bit multible times, mine required stitches, luckily the owner of the dog was there to pull him off me. Off course he said he was surpised that the dog attacked . the dog never barked once. Then we found out that the dog did not have its rabie shots up to date and had attacked two other people. We had to sue the owner for the emergency room bills. The dog was finally put down by the owner, he could not afford any more law suits.

I have absolutley no use for Rottwilers, Pit bulls, chows and other agreesive breeds. If they come onto to my prperty or threaten me or mine in anyway, I will shoot them down. Take that to the bank.

I got a pal who was a mailman for 20 years....got attacked by two dobermans....they were literally ripping him apart....he shit himself it was so bad...luckily he kept his feet under him and his chin on his chest to take the bites in the face instead of his throat. Once again, the owner claimed they were "sweet babies who'd never done anything like that before"....he got a settlement of over $200K and the scars to prove it....they bit his junk so many times he can't perform for his wife anymore. The owner was cited, paid a small fine and agreed to have the beasts put down...that's it. The insurance paid the settlement and the owner later had two new doberman pups in his yard.

There are so many levels of trust with a dog, that it is kind of scary to keep them unattended around small kids no matter WHAT their history or temperament.

A dog cant tell your kid if he's playing along still or getting aggravated / pissed off.

I saw one of the best/nicest dogs ever scar a little kids jaw-skin (the kid is fine) for life because the kid was really young/doesn't know better, and grabbed on of the dog's eyes. The dog snapped @ him.

You also don't know their mental health status as they get older. You don't know necessarily if they have early onset dementia and can just lose their way. Lots of trust there.

But I love dogs. : /

Pit Bulls are the "Breed du Jour" to beat up on.

I know plenty of pit bull owners that never had trouble with their dogs.

Generally if you dig a bit into the stories? You find that the dog was abused at some point. Not necessarily by the present owner.

No you don't...because nobody has a Pit with innocent intentions....they like it that their dog makes others uptight....they like it that their Pit is their security blanket, and they know if the fucker messes somebody up they can claim "Killer was only defending us"...Uh huh. Cowards every one of them....what kind of man would leave their family at the mercy of a dog who might go haywire on them out of the clear blue? I got rid of my German Shepherds when I started a family....while they were growing up, I continuously picked them up over my head to remind them who was Alapha Dog and who wasn't. Still, they were very aggressive to strangers as much as I tried to dissuade them from acting like that. I couldn't trust them so they went to a farm to live....but only on the condition they never be put on a chain....put a German Shepherd on a chain for two weeks and you have a problem dog in two weeks. Bottom line? Don't get involved in a breed big enough to kill you and yours unless you can spend an hour a day with him to notice if his behavior is changing....you can have a real tragedy on your hands in a matter of seconds with these breeds.

Forum List

Back