Pitbulls...

I also get the impression that the dog doesn't get out much, and she's proud of the fact that it takes two people to walk him.

I get the impression the dog is for intimidation which she enjoys immensely....same as my tormentor with her two chows. She just called the guy in Detroit who shot the woman on his porch a "racist" who shouldn't have a gun. Imagine a world where folks like Noomi are in control....wait....they already are in the blue states. :eusa_shifty:

Well noom isn't even American, so we can breathe a sigh of relief.

She just thinks she has the authority to tell us how we should do things.

My big male "Dre" preasures me for butt scratches. He just made a pass a few seconds ago. I find it annoying when I'm on the puter and he goes head first under the puter table and positions his big butt right up against my legs and just waits there until I scratch his butt for a few minutes. Dre can be VERY persistant.

Sometimes "Angel, the female, will get up on the bed and lick me on the face and in my ears. She is very forceful and won't stop until she is sure that my face and ears are clean enough for her satisfaction. Then ... she will nose around in the comforters until I cover her up and only then will she curl up and go to sleep next to my head. THEN Dre will jump up on the bed and lie down next to me sometimes pushing me right to the very edge of the bed. He doesn't want any blankets on him so he lies down on mine making it difficult to adjust the bedding to suit my own needs. I tell ya...200 pounds of pitbulls can be very intimidating on one bed. Ya try to scoot em over so ya can have more room and it is like they are dead. Ya might get a groan out of em but they seem to have this extra ability to hold thier ground when sleeping or "pretending" to sleep when a guy just wants a little space to stretch out sometimes.

In my experience pitbulls can be extremely selfish in taking up space on my bed. They do allow you SOME room but just barely enough so you don't fall off of the bed.

Sometimes though they will hear something outside in the middle of the night and both jump up out of thier dead sleep and when they do I go flying off of the bed from them pushing off to get off the bed and to the door. I get little warning...just a woof and a growl and I land on my ass on the floor. I'm not little either...6' 225 lbs.

Pitbulls are not only capable of vicious attacks... they are capable of carelessness and being bed hogs.

True story.

Snoop Dog is a huge bed hog as well. He pushes my son out of the bed fairly regularly. My daughter is more tenacious...but she has a larger bed, and even so, I am frequently called in to make him move. It's not an easy task. He's around 70-75 lbs, but when he snugs down on the bed, it's like he's made of lead.

I've got a fool proof "trick" to get my dogs to make space. Strangely they both like a well made bed. So I tell em to get off the bed cuz I gotta "fix" it. They jump right off and I straighten everything and tuck in the corners and toss the blankets at the headboard and then the two big comforters.... THEN I lie down on the far right edge and make myself "comfortable" and give the all clear and having waited patiently they spring up on the bed and take up all the remaining space on my queen size. Angel stands up next to my head and I take one of the comforters and toss it up so it covers her completely ...then and only then she settles down in a ball near my head.

I have no pillows though because the big male has a strange fetish. He has commandered both of them as chew/comfort toys... He doesn't damage them but he slobbers his dog slime on them and renders them unuseable as anything you might want to lay your head on. So he grabs one out of the dog toy enclosure and takes it up on the bed with him and "sucks/chews" on it till he falls asleep.

My big male "Dre" preasures me for butt scratches. He just made a pass a few seconds ago. I find it annoying when I'm on the puter and he goes head first under the puter table and positions his big butt right up against my legs and just waits there until I scratch his butt for a few minutes. Dre can be VERY persistant.

Sometimes "Angel, the female, will get up on the bed and lick me on the face and in my ears. She is very forceful and won't stop until she is sure that my face and ears are clean enough for her satisfaction. Then ... she will nose around in the comforters until I cover her up and only then will she curl up and go to sleep next to my head. THEN Dre will jump up on the bed and lie down next to me sometimes pushing me right to the very edge of the bed. He doesn't want any blankets on him so he lies down on mine making it difficult to adjust the bedding to suit my own needs. I tell ya...200 pounds of pitbulls can be very intimidating on one bed. Ya try to scoot em over so ya can have more room and it is like they are dead. Ya might get a groan out of em but they seem to have this extra ability to hold thier ground when sleeping or "pretending" to sleep when a guy just wants a little space to stretch out sometimes.

In my experience pitbulls can be extremely selfish in taking up space on my bed. They do allow you SOME room but just barely enough so you don't fall off of the bed.

Sometimes though they will hear something outside in the middle of the night and both jump up out of thier dead sleep and when they do I go flying off of the bed from them pushing off to get off the bed and to the door. I get little warning...just a woof and a growl and I land on my ass on the floor. I'm not little either...6' 225 lbs.

Pitbulls are not only capable of vicious attacks... they are capable of carelessness and being bed hogs.

True story.

Snoop Dog is a huge bed hog as well. He pushes my son out of the bed fairly regularly. My daughter is more tenacious...but she has a larger bed, and even so, I am frequently called in to make him move. It's not an easy task. He's around 70-75 lbs, but when he snugs down on the bed, it's like he's made of lead.

I've got a fool proof "trick" to get my dogs to make space. Strangely they both like a well made bed. So I tell em to get off the bed cuz I gotta "fix" it. They jump right off and I straighten everything and tuck in the corners and toss the blankets at the headboard and then the two big comforters.... THEN I lie down on the far right edge and make myself "comfortable" and give the all clear and having waited patiently they spring up on the bed and take up all the remaining space on my queen size. Angel stands up next to my head and I take one of the comforters and toss it up so it covers her completely ...then and only then she settles down in a ball near my head.

I have no pillows though because the big male has a strange fetish. He has commandered both of them as chew/comfort toys... He doesn't damage them but he slobbers his dog slime on them and renders them unuseable as anything you might want to lay your head on. So he grabs one out of the dog toy enclosure and takes it up on the bed with him and "sucks/chews" on it till he falls asleep.

He sounds like a big ass baby :lol:
I wished mine was still here :(

I have a Parson Russell Terrier who would gladly move in with you, bigreb! I will foot the $$ to send her your way, just give the word! She needs a single man with no other dogs.

Pitbulls, like ANY dog, reacts to their Alpha male and female - usually their owners. If you treat them tenderly, with love, they will respond a hundred times more giving unlimited love.

As someone pointed out, most dogs of ANY breed will react badly if they have been mistreated by their owners.

Pits have such a bad rep because of their amazingly strong jaw and grip.

Pitbulls, like ANY dog, reacts to their Alpha male and female - usually their owners. If you treat them tenderly, with love, they will respond a hundred times more giving unlimited love.

As someone pointed out, most dogs of ANY breed will react badly if they have been mistreated by their owners.

Pits have such a bad rep because of their amazingly strong jaw and grip.

They have thumbs?! :eek:

Strange thing just happen. A guy knocked on my door had the biggest pitbull I have ever seen sweet guy had a few scratches around the nose. Anyway this strange er asked me if it was my dog. I told him no while we we're talking my cat comes to the front door my cat freaks the hell out the dog moved closer to the front door. (luckily I have a solid tempered treated glass door) anyway he starts braking it was everything I could do to pull him back. I gave him a command to stop, he sat down and looked at me and was ok after that.

Wow that is sort of weird, given the recent convo.

True. not sure if I want to see the dog reunited with his owner. I have a funny feeling about this especially with the scratches on the nose. Anyway I hope it finds a good home or if his owner is a good person finds it's way back home.

Snoop's got dinks on his face, too, and he's never fought as far as I know. They just lead with their mouths...the scars might be from a fence.

He probably just got loose...hopefully they find his people.

Snoop got out of my car once here...cops picked him up pronto and I had to pick him up at the dog pound.

He now holds the title of "unrepentant jailbird". He wasn't even glad to see me when I picked him up. He walked out like he owned the place, and was a little miffed at me.

He probably just got loose...hopefully they find his people.

Snoop got out of my car once here...cops picked him up pronto and I had to pick him up at the dog pound.

He now holds the title of "unrepentant jailbird". He wasn't even glad to see me when I picked him up. He walked out like he owned the place, and was a little miffed at me.

:lol:

I also get the impression that the dog doesn't get out much, and she's proud of the fact that it takes two people to walk him.

A person who can't control their dog is criminal and should be treated as such.

Up to a point I agree, however - if my dog is on leash, and an off leash dog runs up to my dog, there is only so much I can do to control it, I can not control the loose dog's actions and the responsibility for what happens lies with the owner of the loose dog. That said - I don't want my dogs fighting or put in a position of having to fight and if it means getting the dog behind me, or kicking the other dog, I'll do it.

Yeah but that's not what Noomi was talking about.

She said if a little dog ANNOYED her dog, her dog had the right to kill it.

Forum List

Back