Pitbulls...

There are countries which have banned the posession, import and even advertisement for Pitbulls.

When I decided on my new breed apres Ridgeback I went and died and loved every minute watching what this breed could do.

A Louisiana Catahoula Leopard dog.

I adored every minute of this wildness. I love this crazy. But iI also knew that Jimdandy had to rock daily with me and interact with kids 0 to 80

Its called being responsible.

You don't know shit. Ignorant people like you need to educate yourself before you open your pie hole. When any other dog has a bad day, somebody can get hurt; when a pit bull has a bad day, somebody can get killed or maimed. Pit bulls don't 'bite', they attack.

By 1993 pit bulls kept as pets, exclusive of dogs trained to fight, already accounted for more than half of all life-threatening dog attacks. Rottweilers accounted for 20%. Over the past decade the number of life-threatening pit bull attacks was up 789%; attacks on children were up 876%; attacks on adults were up 490%; fatalities were up 388%; and maimings were up 1269%. The percentage of total life-threatening dog attacks committed by pit bulls did not go up only because the number of life-threatening Rottweiler attacks leaped 2000%; attacks on children were up 1000%; attacks on adults were up 1700%; fatalies were up 2500%; and maimings were up 2500%. Rottweilers now account for 25% of all life-threateningdog attacks.

No other common breeds present an even remotely comparable actuarial risk factor. Yet among all the major U.S. animal advocacy groups, only PETA has favored a breed-specific approach to dog regulation.

The list for why pitbulls are dangerous, in numbers:

$92.7 million – Dog bite claims totaled $92.7 million for 2,400 claims in California (Insurance Information Institute, 2011). Source.
$500,000 – The typical cost of settlements in attacks by pit bulls and Rottweilers causing death or serious injury is an average of a half million dollars. The amount of $29,396 was the average cost of a dog bite case in 2011. Source.

3000 % - Pit bulls and Rottweilers do three times more killing and maiming than all other dogs combined, meaning that their actuarial risk is approximately 3000% higher than that of the average dog. Source.

2,500 – More than 2,500 times higher risk of killing than Labradors. Source.

789% – Over the past decade, there was an increase of 789% in the number of life-threatening pit bull attacks (attacks on children were up 876%; attacks on adults were up 490%; fatalities were up 388%; and maimings were up 1269%.). Source.

66% – 80% – Over 2/3 (66% – 80%) of the pit bulls who end up at the shelter are surrendered by their owners. Source.

65% – Pit bulls are responsible for 65 percent of all fatal dog attacks nationally. Source.

58% – Fifty eight percent of dogs euthanized at shelters are pit bull types.

44% – Forty four percent of Seeing Eye teams have reported being attacked by other dogs. Source.

25% – A fourth of all dog bite claims were by due to pit bull bites. Source.

14 – Every fourteen days, someone in the U.S. is killed by a pit bull.

14 – Pitbuls are fourteen times more likely to escape their confines. Source.

11th – Eleventh in popularity – *American Pit Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Terriers and Staffordshire Bull Terriers, ranked 11th in popularity among 16 AKC-registered breeds and had by far the highest risk of killing — more than 2,500 times higher than Labs. Source.

9 – Owners of dangerous breeds are more than 9 times more likely to have been convicted for a crime involving children and more than Source.

8 – Eight times more likely to have been charged with drug crimes than owners of low-risked licensed dogs. Source.

6 – Six times more likely to kill their owners. Source.

5.4 – Every 5.4. days, a body part is severed and lost in a pit bull attack . Source.

3 – Owners of dangerous dogs are more than three times more likely to have been convicted of domestic abuse. Source.

1/3 of all home insurance claims are dog bites (25% of them, pit bull bites). Source.

3 – It is estimated that pit bull type dogs represent 3% of the total population of dogs in the U.S.A.. Source.

1 - The Leading biters in 25 states. Source.

1 – The Leading biters, nationally. Source.

1 - Leading in deaths and serious disfigurements and maimings. Source.

(U.S. statistics only)

So, is there any way a decent person would deny that Pitbulls ARE dangerous dogs? No, there isn’t.

/QUOTE]

Listen you little pea brain. I grew up always having at least one dog and have owned dogs for over 60 years. I was personally attacked by my own pit bull in my living room. What did I do to trigger the attack? My wife dusted the cabinet in the dining room and left Buddy's leash on the carpet. When I went to pick it up, Buddy rushed over and started to growl. I gave him a sit command, he sat. I put up a 'halt' sign and told Buddy it was ok. When I walked away he charged me, leaping through the air he latched on to my left arm. I swung him off of me, and he charged and got my right arm. Blood was spurting out of my arm. Then he latched on to my hand. I yelled for help. My son tried to get Buddy off me. He couldn't stop him. Then Buddy ripped into my right leg (I had shorts on) When he was through my femur was exposed. I finally grabbed him around the neck and fell on top of him and held on for dear life. My son was then able to grab Buddy and I got away, my wife called 911.

There is no doubt in mind that if I had been home alone my family would have found a corpse.

So don't go spouting off on things you know nothing about. The number don't lie you ignorant asshole. Did I suddenly become a 'bad' dog owner? Or maybe I just wanted the femur in my right leg exposed, and blood gushing from my leg and both arms?

Maybe you can ask Darla Napora who is a huge pit bull advocate...oh that's right, you can't...

When any other dog has a bad day, somebody can get hurt; when a pit bull has a bad day, somebody can get killed or maimed. Pit bulls don't 'bite', they attack.

Pregnant woman mauled to death by family pit bull was in campaign group arguing that the animals are safe

• Victim was member of 'Dog Lovers Responsible About Pit Bulls'

• Husband: 'She will be buried with killer dog'

• Two-year-old pitbull terrier shot after charging at police

• Husband finds Darla Napora's body drenched in blood

• Victim suffered dozens of bites to her body and face

article-0-0D78D8B500000578-230_468x286.jpg

A pregnant woman who was mauled to death by one of her pet pit bull terriers belonged to group campaigning to convince people that the animals aren't dangerous, it has emerged.

Darla Napora, 32, was bitten dozens of times and found by her husband Greg covered in blood outstretched on their living room floor in Pacifica, California.

Police say the two-year-old unneutered pit bull believed to be responsible was hovering around the woman, who had major injuries to her upper body and face.

It has since emerged Napora was a member of Bay Area Dog Lovers Responsible About Pit Bulls, a group that does its best to convince people that pit bulls aren't really that dangerous.

'When they arrived, they found the victim laying in her own front living room; she was not breathing, unresponsive and had major trauma to her upper body,' said Pacifica Police Captain Dave Bretini.

'The husband stated that when he got home, at about noon, he found his wife with their pit bull hovering over her.'

Police shot the pit bull terrier, similar to the one pictured, dead as it tried to escape from the Napora's back garden

Police shot the blood covered animal dead as it tried to escape from the back garden whilst officers conducted their investigation.

'The last thing we wanted to happen was for the dog to get out and start attacking bystanders or be loose in the neighbourhood,' Bertini said.

Read more: Darla Napora: Pregnant woman dies after being mauled by pet dog in living room | Mail Online

Whoa not agian.

Last edited:
Not meNow to the douche bags comments..............

Its not the pit in the pit bull it is the terrier

Last edited:
:lol: My way involves much less damage (none) and is quiet. I've had a few potential customers ask "how does the system keep YOU out".....believe it or not, I'm glad they ask instead of declining our services because they think I look a little sketchy despite the shirt and tie, picture ID, and mulitple FBI background checks required...gets it out in the open. Buyer beware but don't be stupid....even the tech who installs your security system can't beat it.

If I'm going in someones home I am not going to care what damage is done. On second thought I may use some dutch tape or painter tape to make the braking glass a little more quite.

Burglars who don't get caught leave little to chance.....they watch and learn behavior patterns, they know how an alarm system works and if there is power and land-line telephone service. They can tell by the pet food bowls out on the patio what type of beast lives within. If there's a cat, the motion-detector will be disabled. If there's a dog they'll do a meet and greet over the fence to take it's temperature (apt to defend or not). They'll leave the house undisturbed....in fact the better ones leave it so undisturbed, the owners may not know they've been robbed for hours, even days. They may operate in the open with a phony company name on a panel truck. They may have scored local utility uniforms from a pal at a dry cleaning business.....and once inside they will usually walk the floors with a pistol in their hand...so keep that in mind if you're prone to go John Wayne over unexpected guests.

p.s. I'm not "somewhat right"....I am exactly right....I been in this game a long time.

Now I have you. Was waiting till you surfaced.

You are going to have such a different tomorrow.

Strange thing just happen. A guy knocked on my door had the biggest pitbull I have ever seen sweet guy had a few scratches around the nose. Anyway this strange er asked me if it was my dog. I told him no while we we're talking my cat comes to the front door my cat freaks the hell out the dog moved closer to the front door. (luckily I have a solid tempered treated glass door) anyway he starts braking it was everything I could do to pull him back. I gave him a command to stop, he sat down and looked at me and was ok after that.

I have a confession to make, I feel bad about it and then I don't
While I was out working in my garage the dog came back laid down beside my work space. My cat inside freaking out growling like a dog. Anyway I ended up calling animal control. I asked her what will happen to the dog, she said it will be allotted three working days, but the state does allowed good healthy dogs to remain in their control for two weeks. She said dogs like this do not have a problem finding a home.
She also said their were a lot of dogs being abandon sick or healthy it didn't matter she had not seen this many ever.

I may give it a week and see if the dog is still there and adopt it my damn self.

Strange thing just happen. A guy knocked on my door had the biggest pitbull I have ever seen sweet guy had a few scratches around the nose. Anyway this strange er asked me if it was my dog. I told him no while we we're talking my cat comes to the front door my cat freaks the hell out the dog moved closer to the front door. (luckily I have a solid tempered treated glass door) anyway he starts braking it was everything I could do to pull him back. I gave him a command to stop, he sat down and looked at me and was ok after that.

While I was out working in my garage the dog came back laid down beside my work space. My cat inside freaking out growling like a dog. Anyway I ended up calling animal control. I asked her what will happen to the dog, she said it will be allotted three working days, but the state does allowed good healthy dogs to remain in their control for two weeks. She said dogs like this do not have a problem finding a home.
She also said their were a lot of dogs being abandon sick or healthy it didn't matter she had not seen this many ever.

I may give it a week and see if the dog is still there and adopt it my damn self.

Why wait.

Seems like a good match.

Go get your doggie.

Why wait.

Seems like a good match.

Go get your doggie.

I have a cat that doesn't like this dog,.

If I'm going in someones home I am not going to care what damage is done. On second thought I may use some dutch tape or painter tape to make the braking glass a little more quite.

Burglars who don't get caught leave little to chance.....they watch and learn behavior patterns, they know how an alarm system works and if there is power and land-line telephone service. They can tell by the pet food bowls out on the patio what type of beast lives within. If there's a cat, the motion-detector will be disabled. If there's a dog they'll do a meet and greet over the fence to take it's temperature (apt to defend or not). They'll leave the house undisturbed....in fact the better ones leave it so undisturbed, the owners may not know they've been robbed for hours, even days. They may operate in the open with a phony company name on a panel truck. They may have scored local utility uniforms from a pal at a dry cleaning business.....and once inside they will usually walk the floors with a pistol in their hand...so keep that in mind if you're prone to go John Wayne over unexpected guests.

p.s. I'm not "somewhat right"....I am exactly right....I been in this game a long time.

Now I have you. Was waiting till you surfaced.

You are going to have such a different tomorrow.

Huh? :doubt:

"Still, pit bulls, although they have legions of admirers, have killed and maimed countless times before. The most recent pit bull death occurred last week in Kernersville, N.C., when 25-year-old Katherine Atkins was set upon by her two dogs while she was attempting to feed them. She had owned the dogs since they were puppies, Kernersville police said.

And last month, 5-year-old Jason Ryan, of Baker City, Ore., was set upon by a neighbor's pit bull. He died in the ambulance. In September, two toddlers were mauled to death by pit bulls, one in Colton, Calif., the other in Gilbert, Ariz."

^That's what's troubling to me... And it's not just Pitbulls that I don't Trust around my kids, I don't Trust any Dogs around my Kids.

I have Personally known (2) Girls who have been Permanently Scared in the Face by Family Dogs and one of my Wife's Teammates a few years back had their German Shepherd attack their Baby...

Sick thing in that Case, the Police allowed the Dog to stay and the "Man" of the House won out of the Wife about the Dog staying... The dog remains in the Home.

I just don't Trust Animals... I understand the Appeal, but the Attacks I have seen in my Life leave me with little want or need to Expose Defenseless Children to them.

Hell, look what these Dogs have done to their Adult Owners?

To each their own, I just don't Trust Animals....

Do you trust humans? They are a hell of a lot more dangerous than any animal.

I trust animals...it's the people attached to them I'm not so sure of....

I've just now dropped into this thread...

no matter the breed, dogs 'n gonna be dogs...

and stupid owners of large powerful dogs are gonna be stupid... occasionally with bad consequences...

eta: stupid owners of small yappy nippy nose-biting dogs can also easily find themselves in trouble with lawsuits...

Last edited:
no parent should put a child at risk...leaving kids alone with any sized dog is a risk..but with a large dog...that can do damage in seconds its just foolish...

I was left with a St Bernard on a regular basis who sat guard in front of me like a statue. It fully intended to do damage to anyone who came near me. That was the whole point.

"Still, pit bulls, although they have legions of admirers, have killed and maimed countless times before. The most recent pit bull death occurred last week in Kernersville, N.C., when 25-year-old Katherine Atkins was set upon by her two dogs while she was attempting to feed them. She had owned the dogs since they were puppies, Kernersville police said.

And last month, 5-year-old Jason Ryan, of Baker City, Ore., was set upon by a neighbor's pit bull. He died in the ambulance. In September, two toddlers were mauled to death by pit bulls, one in Colton, Calif., the other in Gilbert, Ariz."

^That's what's troubling to me... And it's not just Pitbulls that I don't Trust around my kids, I don't Trust any Dogs around my Kids.

I have Personally known (2) Girls who have been Permanently Scared in the Face by Family Dogs and one of my Wife's Teammates a few years back had their German Shepherd attack their Baby...

Sick thing in that Case, the Police allowed the Dog to stay and the "Man" of the House won out of the Wife about the Dog staying... The dog remains in the Home.

I just don't Trust Animals... I understand the Appeal, but the Attacks I have seen in my Life leave me with little want or need to Expose Defenseless Children to them.

Hell, look what these Dogs have done to their Adult Owners?

To each their own, I just don't Trust Animals....

Do you trust humans? They are a hell of a lot more dangerous than any animal.

You got link to the last Human Mauling a Child or a Baby?...

:)

peace...

I've just now dropped into this thread...

no matter the breed, dogs 'n gonna be dogs...

and stupid owners of large powerful dogs are gonna be stupid... occasionally with bad consequences...

eta: stupid owners of small yappy nippy nose-biting dogs can also easily find themselves in trouble with lawsuits...

My Asshole Neighbors to the South of me have those Yappy Dogs... They leave them out all Fucking Day Long and those Dogs NEVER Stop Yapping...

I Hate those People... A LOT. :thup:

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back