Philly Goes 'Full Terrorist' Mode fter Police Shoot Knife Wielding Perp Who Refuse To Comply W/Police Orders

I think it's the unevenness of the weapons. One guy with a knife, several cops with loaded guns. IF the domestic abuser hadn't been shot, had reached the cops, what would have happened? He would have been overwhelmed and taken down, put in the back of a cruiser and taken to jail. Would he really have been able to stab one of them to death first when they all saw him coming and were prepared? I dunno. But I think that's where the complaint probably lies.

So the cops were supposed to pull out a knife to make things fair?
I know if someone were to come at me with a knife I'm gonna shoot em without hesitation.

Better hope you are not in a dem run shithole...the perp is not black...or you will go to jail.

View attachment 407505

I live in Texas....

I think it's the unevenness of the weapons. One guy with a knife, several cops with loaded guns. IF the domestic abuser hadn't been shot, had reached the cops, what would have happened? He would have been overwhelmed and taken down, put in the back of a cruiser and taken to jail. Would he really have been able to stab one of them to death first when they all saw him coming and were prepared? I dunno. But I think that's where the complaint probably lies.
How can I put this tactfully without writing a novel.

It is not the police's job to be killed.

It is not the police's job to be maimed.

It is not the police's job to be injured.

If a suspected criminal is so far out of control that police pointing guns at them doesn't immediately make them realize that failure to disarm themselves is a recipe for disaster...what do you expect police to do?
Ikr

I don't know. Rioting isn't helping anyone's cause; I'm just throwing out there that it looks pretty unevenly matched. Maybe in this case if they'd sent in some of those Shrink Squads at the front with cops backing them up for immediate protection, if necessary, they could have gotten the guy to calm down--or maybe not. But that's their job, so it might have worked. I don't know.
Yeah...I don't know either.

I don't want to see the mentally ill killed...but I don't want to provide the out of control mentally ill potential victims or hostages.

How can the police tell the mentally ill from the just plain homicidal?

It's tough.

I know if someone were to come at me with a knife I'm gonna shoot em without hesitation.
Exactly. There are way more guns sold for self defense than knives.

You get into a knife fight you're gonna get cut or stabbed,no two ways about it.

C'mon man...just shot the perp in the big toe.

Biden president Nano LR.jpg

LONG ago Nets that can be shot at specific targets to completely immobilize them wee invented.

WHY have the Police never tried those?

They have hand held cannons that can shoot a weighted net that would totally subdue a suspect.
Bird hunters use them.

Maybe a bad idea? but maybe in cases like this??
Lol I saw an episode of Animal Cops once where she tried using one of those on a wounded duck. The duck won. It's a great idea, but they're apparently pretty difficult to use.

Some real thoughtful responses there, guys.
Blaming the police for doing exactly what they are trained to do is really thoughtful on your part, also. The criminals are the ones in the wrong here, not the police, no matter how much you try and make them out to be at fault.
You misunderstand. I am not blaming the cops.
The alternative is to obey the police. You have already broken the law, a 911 call has been made, instead of getting away when you possibly could have you stand there with a weapon, and then you disregard the police commands. 4 strikes and you are out.

Okay. My battery is about to blink out. I was just floating some alternatives to see if we can quit all this rioting shit. It doesn't make Mr. Law and Order look very good, but if you all just want to keep doing exactly what you've been doing, I suspect you're going to keep getting the same result.

That's all.

The trouble with using a knife for self defense is that it takes a minute or 2 for someone to bleed enough that they stop attacking you, (and if they aren't attacking you, then it ain't self defense), so you have to stab them a bunch of times, to get them to stop doing whatever it was that made you stab them in the first place....... like 20, 30, or 40 times. Then the cops show up and you're standing over some guy who has been shanked a couple dozen times, and you are covered in blood and whatever else came out of him, from head to toe, and you look like something from a horror movie. Not a good first impression to make on the investigating officers.
You might still make a self defense claim work, but you're going to be starting in a deep hole, because every cop there is going to be thinking you're the perpetrator, not the victim. Unless you're a chick and the stabbed guy has a history of sexual assault, or something.

Okay. My battery is about to blink out. I was just floating some alternatives to see if we can quit all this rioting shit. It doesn't make Mr. Law and Order look very good, but if you all just want to keep doing exactly what you've been doing, I suspect you're going to keep getting the same result.

That's all.
Stop the rioting by getting the police to not enforce the law. Perfect liberal thinking, never accept responsibility for causing the problem, blame someone else for it.

That's all.

By the end of this century, the United States of America will be Philadelphia writ large.

To be fair, the people to blame are the British colonists who forced people from a faraway continent to come here in 1619.

We are reaping what they sowed.

Just think of what this country might be like today if 1619 had never occurred.

How can I put this tactfully without writing a novel.

It is not the police's job to be killed.

It is not the police's job to be maimed.

It is not the police's job to be injured.

If a suspected criminal is so far out of control that police pointing guns at them doesn't immediately make them realize that failure to disarm themselves is a recipe for disaster...what do you expect police to do?
Ikr

I don't know. Rioting isn't helping anyone's cause; I'm just throwing out there that it looks pretty unevenly matched. Maybe in this case if they'd sent in some of those Shrink Squads at the front with cops backing them up for immediate protection, if necessary, they could have gotten the guy to calm down--or maybe not. But that's their job, so it might have worked. I don't know.
Yeah...I don't know either.

I don't want to see the mentally ill killed...but I don't want to provide the out of control mentally ill potential victims or hostages.

How can the police tell the mentally ill from the just plain homicidal?

It's tough.
It has been written at times that there was Mental Hospitals mandated up to a few decades ago. We see many people that have issues in the forefront of some of these incidents. And there are people involved in the riots who also have issues. For both Antifa and BLM. Keeping people in locked wards is not cheap. What do we do?

smh...

Forum List

Back