California cops shoot dead double amputee, 36, as he tries to run away on his stumps

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Hey, you laugh, you lose. ;)

Huntington Park cops shoot dead double amputee Anthony Lowe Jr

Video

He turned and tried to hurry away from them, clutching a large butcher's knife in one hand.

A second police car arrived, from which a third cop emerged. Within 15 seconds of the third officer arriving, they fired multiple shots, shooting Lowe in the upper torso.

Once he was on the ground lying on his stomach, they placed him in handcuffs.

'The suspect was tased at least twice by Huntington Park Officers but the deployment of the taser was ineffective.

'The suspect attempted to throw the butcher knife at the officers again, at which time an officer involved shooting occurred,' the LA County Sheriff's Office release said.

Lowe Jr. later died at the scene. His family is now demanding answers from the police department.

The officers involved have not yet been named.

Lowe Jr. was carrying a large knife which the cops say he had just used to stab someone. After failing to subdue him with their Tasers, the officers said they feared he was going to throw the knife at them

A different view of the incident shows Lowe Jr. on the ground as the third officer arrived. He was clutching a large 'butcher's knife', which the cops say he threatened to 'throw' at them

Lt. Hugo Reynaga of the LA County Sheriff's Office said the cops involved had been placed on leave 'for a few days' but that no official disciplinary action had been taken.

The LA County Sheriff's Office is now investigating the incident, which comes three weeks after unarmed 29-year-old Tyre Nichols was beaten to death by a different group of police officers in Memphis, Tennessee.

'They murdered my son, in a wheelchair with no legs. They do need to do something about it,' his mother, Dorothy Lowe, said at a press conference on Sunday.

The family told The LA Times that he lost the lower half of his legs recently following a different altercation with police in Texas.

He had been living with his mother as a result of the injury.

On the day of his death, she says he'd told her he was going to McDonald's.

It's unclear who he is alleged to have stabbed, or what that person's condition is now.

Family and friends of Anthony Lowe Jr hold a news conference to demand an investigation into his death outside of the Huntington Park Police Department in Huntington Park, California

Link
Meh, stabbing folks is a good way to get shot.
I guess he didn't learn the first time. ;)

Thank god he is dead!!! This guy was a real piece of work. Im not sure that this shooting was legally justified, but im happy with the result nonetheless. :dunno:

I am sorry but if you're a cop and you kill someone without a damn good reason you need to go to prison for the rest of your sorry life. You're NOT above the law.

Thank god he is dead!!! This guy was a real piece of work. Im not sure that this shooting was legally justified, but im happy with the result nonetheless. :dunno:
Realize this...If you're ok with cops killing because of the character of the person then someone out their could be a cop and feel the same about you.

Sorry bout that,

1. He had a chance to give up, he chose not to, he wanted to die by cop, he died.
2. These cops did thier job, people with knives should know not to challenge people with guns, especially cops.
3. Good way to suicide by cops.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Houston cops did it first. They killed a mentally ill double amputee (one arm one leg) in a wheelchair who was armed with a ballpoint pen. They claimed that he cornered one cop, and the other one was in fear for his life and shot him.

lol another moron wins a Darwin Award, and a bunch of snowflakes and cop haters pop in to babble some idiot shit about the fool.

Realize this...If you're ok with cops killing because of the character of the person then someone out their could be a cop and feel the same about you.

Why are you complaining about this? You love it. You love it so much you keep voting for the people who run these cities and these police departments over and over and over again. Why do these things always happen in places run by people like you? Answer; because you want it that way.

This would be very funny if it didn't end up so tragically, so I refrain from laughing at this incident.

As with all stories like this, I try to maintain a "wait for all evidence to be presented before rendering judgement." There is always a knee-jerk response to one side or the other.

I condemn any unjust police brutality and abuse of power, and I condemn violent criminals that force police officers into resorting to use of violence and support officers' right to justly defend themselves from harm.

That said, I will talk about a jury case I was on in Oakland where we convicted a one-legged man and his buddy for beating up and robbing somebody.
The obvious joke would be that "he didn't have a leg to stand on. Literally." But seriously, he was missing a leg.

After the trial, the jury could talk to the attorneys more about the case and it turned out that one-legged defendant had been shot in the leg in a prior police altercation and lost his leg as a result of that incident, but that couldn't be brought up in the trial because it would have prejudiced us against the defendant with that fact and not directly relevant to the case we were a jury of.

So I thought I would share that.

Forum List

Back