Pet Names

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
How many pets have you had over your life?
What kind?
What were their names?
Did you have a favorite? If so, why were they your favorite?

The ones I remember..

Carrots (for his color)
Sherry (family dog)
Neptune
Isaac (a newt)
Fellatia
Suzie Homewrecker (Maine coon)
Hobbes

No favorites though.

All cats. Not home enough for a dog.

Charlie (for Charlie Brown) got killed by a dog when still a kitten.
Jezebel lived up to her name, went into heat and moved down the road with her boyfriend, never to return.
Sebastian and I had a psychic connection. He was a very territorial cat, however, and after three moves in two years, he gave up on me and disappeared.
Hawkeye (who came to me the week MASH had its last episode) was a fantastic bird hunter and the prettiest one I ever had.
Mick (for Mick Jagger) needed to have his penis removed due to repeated kidney stones and should have been named for Michael Jackson.
Sylvia was already named when I got her; she was a rescue from a hoarder and has some unusual habits. Very timid but very affectionate.
Mick was probably my favorite; the only way to describe him is, he thought he was a labrador retriever. Super friendly and loyal, and gentle (unless another cat came into the yard). I never even had a cat carrier for him. I could hold him in my lap at the vet's while we waited. Unbelievably patient animal.

Cockatiels Bud and Lou (m and f)

black cats (Pat and Mike) (see above)

Mike

he had a purr engine that wouldn't quit, and loved to snuggle.

I had a dog once. I tied a stick to his back and called him Jesus.

What kind?
What were their names?

I think all of my dogs have had people names.

Current pets

Mason
Mallory
Jackson
JoJo

Oliver
Emma
Bernie
Sophia
Baxter
Bobby
Wendell

Boxer named Tomar ..Me and my brothers names combined.
Another Boxer ...Tomar the 2nd.
A duck maned Marto...Thank God that trend ended.
A white Boxer named Jack Dempsey for obvious reasons.
Another Boxer named Addie ...after the song Addilida since we had to drive to Louisiana to get her.
Another white Boxer named Cozmo after our favorite bar/restaurant in Jamaica.
And finally Katy named after my home town.
She's the gray haired one in my Avi.

Two of my puppies are named for ruthless historical figures, the third for a famous thief.

Guy up the street named his bulldog Moe Hammed.

Does he hear slides jacked when he calls for his dog?

(Here, mohammed, here boy)

I've only had cats and dogs. All boring real life names.... I'd want to get creative if we ever get a pet.

We have a groundhog that hangs around the house in the spring/summer. I call him Asshole.

What kind?
What were their names?

I had mostly dogs and a few cats

I have to say the most special dog I had was a little Siberian husky named Nali
She was the bravest dog I ever had. We used to take her backpacking for days on end. She just shined in the wilderness. We used to let her pick trails for us up really steep inclines in the Whites. She would always pick the easiest route and get a little above us and wait. I think she would have been at home on a sled team and have no doubt she would have been the lead dog
thumb

My favorite was my cat while growing up. She was a bit of a bitch but let me play with her, clip her nails etc. She would sneak attack my ankles in the morning... if I ever had another pet it would be a cat (but just one!)

Forum List

Back