personal history of our families

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
can we tell each other what out parents, ancestors etc …. did in the past?

On one prong of my family we got back to Sir John Brewster I. On that same side, we can't go that far back because we don't know who one grand's dad was. On the other, it goes back a ways on maternal side but we can only so far on the paternal side because they were Native American and there just isn't a lot of records once you get into the 1800's

can we tell each other what out parents, ancestors etc …. did in the past?
I never really cared about that stuff. When I was a kid I was just too busy trying to survive and once i was old enough to realize how absolutely fucked up my parents and family were I cared even less

Ok, I'll play.

My Dad was a paratrooper with the 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment in WW2. He didn't see any combat because he was stationed in Germany right after the war ended. While he was in Germany, he beat up some fags, went fishing in a pond with hand grenades, went for a joyride in a tank, and robbed a German couple at gunpoint for a bottle of wine. He felt bad afterward and went back to pay the couple for the bottle of wine.

When my Great Uncle as a kid, he and some other kids once stumbled around in the woods at night looking for some black guy who had been lynched.

Another one of my Great Uncles was a federal marshal who also bootlegged whiskey in a small Arkansas town. He was involved in an incident where they were told that Bonnie and Clyde Barrow were thought to be driving toward town, and they set up a roadblock. A car approached the roadblock but didn't slow down, so they opened fire on it. It was just some women in the car and one of them died.

My Great-Great Grandfather was conscripted into the Confederate army, but he deserted. He and another deserter were caught, and they were going to be hanged. But he escaped by climbing out of a high window, and hid out in the Arkansas Little Missouri river bottoms until the war was over. After the war, became the county treasurer. He also got some black girl pregnant, then sent her and the kid up North to go to school.

As for myself, the stupidest thing I've ever done was the time I was arrested for one joint of pot in Missouri, back in 1970. I was in the Tuscumbia county jail for several weeks, waiting to see a judge. Another guy and I decided we were going to break out of jail, and someone had smuggled a small crowbar in there. One Sunday morning while the jailer and his family were at church, we pried the door open and walked out of the jail. We wandered around in the woods for two days, until we were caught by the Missouri State Police. I was given a choice of 5 years in prison, or four years in the US Army, so I chose military service.

Toward the end of my service, some other guys and I were smoking pot in a barracks room at Fort Benning, GA. They hadn't locked the door, and a sergeant walked in. He got the Officer on duty, and they lined us up, but being stoned, we kept cracking up and laughing. The CID came and arrested us all. I ended up with a court marshal and was in a cell next to a room where Lt. William Calley was being held. He was the guy who was involved in the My Lai Massacre. I had to go to a retraining brigade before I got out of the Army, but only got a general under honorable discharge.

On one prong of my family we got back to Sir John Brewster I. On that same side, we can't go that far back because we don't know who one grand's dad was. On the other, it goes back a ways on maternal side but we can only so far on the paternal side because they were Native American and there just isn't a lot of records once you get into the 1800's
whomwas that brewster.?

Long line of chicken thieves and bootleggers here. One went to prison for dynamiting catfish for a family get together. I'm sure he didn't intend for that boat dock to get blown up too.
fascinating,!

Ok, I'll play.

My Dad was a paratrooper with the 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment in WW2. He didn't see any combat because he was stationed in Germany right after the war ended. While he was in Germany, he beat up some fags, went fishing in a pond with hand grenades, went for a joyride in a tank, and robbed a German couple at gunpoint for a bottle of wine. He felt bad afterward and went back to pay the couple for the bottle of wine.

When my Great Uncle as a kid, he and some other kids once stumbled around in the woods at night looking for some black guy who had been lynched.

Another one of my Great Uncles was a federal marshal who also bootlegged whiskey in a small Arkansas town. He was involved in an incident where they were told that Bonnie and Clyde Barrow were thought to be driving toward town, and they set up a roadblock. A car approached the roadblock but didn't slow down, so they opened fire on it. It was just some women in the car and one of them died.

My Great-Great Grandfather was conscripted into the Confederate army, but he deserted. He and another deserter were caught, and they were going to be hanged. But he escaped by climbing out of a high window, and hid out in the Arkansas Little Missouri river bottoms until the war was over. After the war, became the county treasurer. He also got some black girl pregnant, then sent her and the kid up North to go to school.

As for myself, the stupidest thing I've ever done was the time I was arrested for one joint of pot in Missouri, back in 1970. I was in the Tuscumbia county jail for several weeks, waiting to see a judge. Another guy and I decided we were going to break out of jail, and someone had smuggled a small crowbar in there. One Sunday morning while the jailer and his family were at church, we pried the door open and walked out of the jail. We wandered around in the woods for two days, until we were caught by the Missouri State Police. I was given a choice of 5 years in prison, or four years in the US Army, so I chose military service.

Toward the end of my service, some other guys and I were smoking pot in a barracks room at Fort Benning, GA. They hadn't locked the door, and a sergeant walked in. He got the Officer on duty, and they lined us up, but being stoned, we kept cracking up and laughing. The CID came and arrested us all. I ended up with a court marshal and was in a cell next to a room where Lt. William Calley was being held. He was the guy who was involved in the My Lai Massacre. I had to go to a retraining brigade before I got out of the Army, but only got a general under honorable discharge.

My dad was in the SeaBees in the navy, stationed in Hawaii. They would drop dynamite overboard and then pick up the stunned fish to sell to the people in the area. He got the idea in a letter he received from his uncle in prison.

one ancestor of mine fought in the revoltiion in baden in 1848 … 1849

I have much in common with the above posters. I can add on a white slave girl from England , Austrian and Scandinavian royalty. Creek and Seminole and Spainish people a bronc buster from China and a Algerian wealthy merchant.
Mostly though I am from agriculture and ,pulp wood workers.Construction trades people.
My history teacher in high school told me I have a connection to a MayFlower member and a General in George Washington's Army. My family these days are self employed and laborers in the construction trades.
I had plenty of relatives in prison and local jails as the posters above. Workingclass ,rural southern U.S.A.
We are described as Florida Crackers.

Last edited:
I have much in common with the above posters. I can add on a white slave girl from England , Austrian and Scandinavian royalty. Creek and Seminole and Spainish people a bronc buster from China and a Algerian wealthy merchant.
Mostly though I am from agriculture and ,pulp wood workers.Construction trades people.
My history teacher in high school told me I have a connection to a MayFlower member and a General in George Washington's Army. My family these days are self employed and laborers in the construction trades.
I had plenty of relatives in prison and local jails as the posters above. Workingclass ,rural southern U.S.A.
We are described as Florida Crackers.
My dad's side is from Florida. His dad was mayor of Winter Park. His dad (or his dad's dad -- can't remember which and don't really care) was an engineer who emigrated from Germany. My mom's side is Pennsylvania Dutch / Irish from the Harrisburg area. Nuts.

Forum List

Back