Perry Says The Unemployment Rate Is 'Doctored'

Supply side economics should be supplying us with better governance at lower cost.
And cheap booze...

If you specialize and become self-sufficient, you can lower your cost of booze by making it yourself. I believe Friar Tuck drank honey-mead.
I tried, I'm better at pot cultivation...

Thank goodness for a plant that some religionists on the right claim, was Created by a god and declared Good by said, Being; is it a coincidence or the "collectivism" of collusion and conspiracy, that Only "original sinners" declaim it to be bad.

When Perry doctored his Texas unemployment figures he didn't include those who had given up looking or had dropped out of the workforce

The true numbers for Texas are much worse than 5.6%

According to Bloomberg Politics reporter Dave Weigel, the former Texas governor told a gathering of the Republican Jewish Coalition that they couldn't trust the official unemployment rate coming out of Washington.

Rick Perry Says The Unemployment Rate Is Doctored

Does anyone believe that the unemployment rate is really 5.6%? Plenty of people have given up looking for work completely and they just aren't counted anymore. Everything is clear enough.
Why do you think people not trying to work should be considered unemployed? If someone didn't look for work in January, then they tell us nothing about the labor market conditions in January.

Basically, I have never heard anyone complain that the numbers were fixed or doctored etc who knew anything about the actual calculations and proceedures.

Last edited:
I believe we should use unemployment compensation to simply compensate labor with that form of minimum wage, for being unemployed on an at-will basis. We could solve for simple poverty when due to a mere lack of money and for capitalism's, capital inefficiency of a Natural Rate of Unemployment.

According to Bloomberg Politics reporter Dave Weigel, the former Texas governor told a gathering of the Republican Jewish Coalition that they couldn't trust the official unemployment rate coming out of Washington.

Rick Perry Says The Unemployment Rate Is Doctored

Does anyone believe that the unemployment rate is really 5.6%? Plenty of people have given up looking for work completely and they just aren't counted anymore. Everything is clear enough.
Why do you think people not trying to work should be considered unemployed? If someone didn't look for work in January, then they tell us nothing about the labor market conditions in January.
I am waiting for ease and convenience I was accustomed to when we had a better economy and temp. agency chics would simply harass me for short-term (employment) relationships, and even just tell me when and where and for how long that relationship was going to last.

Forum List

Back